“The Best”
Review of Casa Romana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Romana
Ranked #28 of 1,194 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stayed 2 nights in April. The rooms are very comfortable with free wifi and a little fridge. Fulvia is a wealth of information and will help you plan your stay in Rome. All the sights are within walking distance. The trains and buses are just two blocks away. Casa Romana is a great place to stay!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed here for three nights in May 2013. This accommodation is in a fantastic location, really close to the main railway station in Rome and within easy commuting distance of all the major tourist attractions!!

In fact it was so well placed that we mostly walked everywhere or used the subway!

The room and the facilities were all very clean and in good condition, we had no problems at all throughout our stay!

Our host was fantastic! She took a lot of time to ensure that we had all the information we needed to make sure our visit was perfect! Our host looked after us very well and provided lots of really good tourist advice!!

We liked staying in Casa Romana very much!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We have been planning a rail trip through Europe for over a year, and we contacted Fulvia about her B & B, as we wanted hotels close to each city's train station. She could not have been more accommodating. We kept in touch during the year, and notified her of our arrival by train, four days prior. As we turned the street corner by using her perfect directions, she was there on the sidewalk, in front of Casa Romana, ready to greet us. Breakfast was ready for us, at the times we specified, each morning. She answered every question we threw at her about our stay in Rome, and with excellent English. If you want Casa Romana - book early!! (Thanks for all you did for us, Fulvia!) John & Kathy

Room Tip: Limited number of rooms - book early
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights, (and my third time in Rome). This is the best accommodation I've ever had in Rome.

Location: Excellent. Literally 2 blocks walk to the Termini station. Super easy to reach this place using the Terravision bus from the airport. The area is relatively safe. I had no problems walking around the area.

Room: Excellent. The bed is plush and soft, the room is clean, most especially the bathroom. It has a mini ref and water heater, perfect for my needs.

Breakfast is served. Bread, spreads (so many options), yogurt, ham, fruits, cupcakes (super yummy), coffee, milk....

Fulvia took very good care of all her guests. When she found out that I can't drink coffee on my first day, on the 2nd, 3rd and last day, she took the time to buy orange juice for me. She is a very wonderful, sincere person who truly loves to help and share her knowledge and love of Rome (and Italy!). Always smiling, ready to help, and she even gave me and the other guests tips as to where to eat and where to buy goodies to bring home (I followed all her advice and she has very good recommendations). When I checked out, she even helped me with my luggage and to the door. I will never forget the first time I came into the B&B and rang the bell, she went to look out the window, waved at me and called my name with a smile. A great welcome. Helped me with the luggage and welcomed me. I can never, ever thank her enough.

She's also very honest. She initially quoted me for 70 euros a night, but she said that since I was alone after all, it's 55 euros a night. I was pleasantly surprised about this; I mean, I would have paid the 70 euros and would not have known better (and would be very willing to) but she was honest to say that 70 is for 2 people and she didn't know I was alone. What a classy lady. Thank you, Fulvia. Should I be in Rome again, I will stay here!!! Most definitely.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank doolfreak
Reviewed 6 May 2013

After reading many reviews we decided to stay at Casa Romana (My Rome apartments) for 4 nights in August last year.

We called when we arrived at Termini station and Fulvia our host met us and helped us find the apartment.

Fulvia was full of energy and information about Rome. She is passionate about Rome, travel and being well travelled herself, thoughfully provides "little extras" and interesting information for guests. There were recycled guide books and brochures from the tourist office and a book swap library near the breakfast bar.

Fulvia is very thoughtful, if you mention you like a certain fruit it might just appear for breakfast the next day. She is very warm and likes to hear about you as well as helping you with what you want to see in Rome. She will advise you on places to visit, circling your map and pointing out her favourite shopping, dining and historical sights in Rome. Thanks to Fulvia we discovered some great restaurants in the Jewish quarter and some wonderful shopping areas.

The apartment is located in Termini which, at first glance, appears to be not the most salubrious suburb and has a bad rap, but is no different to any major train station in any major city around the world. If you look hard enough around termini, there are hidden gems, we liked to have a quick coffee at Cafe Trombetta Via Marsala 44, 00185 Roma (across from the the eastern entrance of Termini station) a cafe that has been there for years and has serviced many locals on their way to work. Order your coffee and pastry at the register first before taking it to the bar. You will be jostled and it is chaotic, but is a glimpse of everyday life.

My husband and I walked around late at night after rerturning from dinner and early in the mornings and always felt safe.

The apartment is close to all public transport at Termini station where you can easily access all of Rome's sites.

If you like walking, it is an easy walk to Diocletians baths, Via Nazionale (shops and restuarants), Trajans Markets and the Roman forum/colosseum.

Don't be put off by the apartment's entrance, or the lift, they look a bit old, but the apartments themselves are tastefully decorated and are a good size for being near the centre of Rome. The beds in both rooms were comfortable and the shower was hot and had good water pressure.

We stayed in two different rooms at the beginning and end of our trip and both were great. They had a little desk with tea and coffee facilities, both had large windows, which was wonderful to throw open in the morning to view the street life below whilst having breakfast and planning the day. The street noise was minimal and the internet access was fast. I was able to upload photos to the computer with ease.

Casa Romana is a great apartment and Fulvia is an exceptional host. Whenever we get back to Rome we would definately stay there again. We have sent a few friends there to stay since our visit and they have all reported good things too.

Don't look any further.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trudencej
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We have opted for the small apartment near Colloseum which is also run by Fulvia. We felt it was an ideal place for the family of four. Very small but comfortable. Fulvia was very accommodating and ensured warm welcome.

You cannot bit the location. The apartment is 5 minutes walk from Colloseum and other main attractions. We have walked a lot as everything that one needs is within reach; lovely restaurants, great shopping, sightseeing...

It is THE place to stay...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I would recommend this place whole-heartedly to anybody planning to visit Rome. While the B&B is located a few blocks away from Roma Termini, I did not find the neighbourhood unsafe. I stayed in the single room for 4 nights and had a great experience. The room was cosy and stylish - came with fast internet (wifi), functional ac and fridge, comfortable bed and clean bathroom. Fulvia, the owner is extremely friendly, caring and attentive. Right from welcoming you at the doorstep to preparing breakfast according to your sensitivities, Fulvia leaves no stone unturned when it comes to taking care of guests. She possesses a very sound knowledge of her city (Rome) and gladly helps you with your itinerary. Thanks to her, I discovered a few wonderful neighbourhoods that didn't feature in my original itinerary and got to sample great food with locals. Her guidance really helped me appreciate the 'Eternal city' better and I can't thank her enough for this. There is a lot of variety for breakfast - yummy yoghurt, bread, jams, butter, cereal, muesli, fruits, cream filled muffins, Italian style coffee, etc. You can prepare coffee and tea at any point of time and help yourself to fruits and muffin throughout the day.
Casa Romana truly felt like a home away from home, and nothing can beat the price too. (an excellent deal indeed) I will definitely stay at Casa Romana when I visit Rome again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo