“AWESOME!!!”
Review of Casa Romana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Romana
Ranked #28 of 1,118 Speciality Lodging in Rome
US
“AWESOME!!!”
Reviewed 11 November 2009

Great host, perfect location, extremely clean room and lovely breakfast. Pictures say it all!

1 Thank wai_leng

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 9 November 2009

I stayed for 4 days and 5 nights at the Casa Romana. Fulvia, the owner of the place, was extremely friendly and helpful with everything! We had very nice discussions and I really enjoyed our communication as a part of my Roman experience. Fulvia noticed certain things I liked to have for breakfast and started to buy them and even put them into the fridge in my own room. That was a special touch. Bathroom was clean, everything worked well (hot water, no problem). The price was very good too, so I agree with others that it was a very good value for money. A friend of mine who works in one of the hostels in Rome told me that I payed the same price for my room in the Casa Romana, that I would pay in the hostel for a not very nice room with shared shower, so I was very happy with my choice. Thank you Fulvia!!!! Good luck with everything, best regards, Maria

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
kelly_sambo
Reviewed 1 November 2009

We stayed in Rome at Casa Romana for 3 nights then returned again after our cruise for 2 more nights and we had a great time. The location is great and really close to Termini Station and close to all main attractions. The accommodation is also really cosy and comfortable. Breakfast was great, fresh and really yummy. The internet was also really good. Fulvia was amazing and so accommodating. She was really helpful with all our needs and helped us to plan our days. I will reccomend this accommodation to everyone, couples, familes and friends.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
India
Reviewed 28 October 2009

We stayed in Rome for 4 days in Casa Romana and had the best time. The place is extremely close to the Termini Station which is ideal if you want to explore Rome. The owner is a very helpful lady and takes good care of her guests. She helped us in planning some of our days by providing useful information. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean and the breakfast is good too, with a spread of bread, croissants, fruit, juice and coffee. Overall we loved the place!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 24 October 2009

Absolutely the place to stay!!!!! Fulvia's hospitality and the property will bowl you over. Complete VALUE for MONEY.

Centrally located - 5 mins walk from Termini Station - CASA ROMANA is definitely a HOME in Rome. It is a three bedroom appartment which has been converted into a BED & Breakfast place. The rooms are -spacious, recently renovated, have good bathrooms, ample lighting, airconditioning, complimentary tea/coffee and a very very luxurious BED!!!! With Termini within walking distance you can easily navigate the city on any of its buses..but be a bit more careful in the evening..and also plan your trip anywhere further in Italy at short notice..Saves you a lot of travelling time..

After a tiring day in Rome - where you will walk a lot more than you ever did to catch all the tourist attractions - CASA ROMANA offers you all the peace and comforts of your home. The owner of CASA - Fulvia - is your best guide to the city. She sat us down for close to an hour to explain the city routes, sites and nuances. The MAP she handed us was a life saver....

The only thing a bit not exciting was the breakfast served..since it is an apartment it does not have any common areas to serve the breakfast. So its more like a buffet in the lobby - more breakfast on the go!!!

But with so much else going for it - the lobby breakfast is a small inconvinience..Ignore it!!

• Liked — The ROOM..
  • Disliked — Breakfast
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank TubbyTraveller
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 23 October 2009

we stayed there in mid october in a double room. room is a normal size for two person and the bed was quite comfortable ans pillows as well. I can tell that it's quite clean and room is cleaned daily. the bathroom is very cute and 24 hours hot water is a perfect facility.
owner of Casa Novana, Fulvia, is a lovely woman and she gave us some tips about the city. she was quite friendly.
it's a small accommodation with 3 rooms on the second floor. we liked the room at first sight and I felt very lucky myself to find such a nice place to stay just one day before we arrived.
the best thing was its location for us because the subway station is just few minutes walk distance also the bus station where you can take the bus almost everywhere in the city. we used both transpotation.
and the breakfast was quite satisfiying.
the only missing thing is a tv in the room. I2d love to watch some italian channels when we were resting.

Leeds, UK
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I stayed here with my girlfriend and her brother in mid-October. Very easy to find, as only a 3/4 minute walk from Termini station, useful for us as we travelled down from Florence on the train. The area around the station seems to get some bad press but we didn't experience anything untowards. I only gave 4/5 for location not because of the quality of the area but no doubt some people will want to be closer to the main sites, but we used the Metro at Termini if we needed to get somewhere quick.

We were met by the owner (Fulvia) outside the property and she showed us to our room. She was then more than happy to help plan our day and tell us the easiest way to get to places, where to eat in the neighbourhood etc.

The apartment is located on the 1st floor (2nd floor for North Americans) but there is a pretty cool old iron-door cage lift if you need it. We rode it once just because we could! The room is located in an apartment with two other bedrooms, quite a strange set-up but not in a bad way (all the rooms are self-contained with their own bathroom). Our room was at the end of the hallway, comfortable for two people, but if there is a third person you kind of need to know them pretty well.

The bed was comfortable and all the linen was clean and crisp, I was told by my girlfriend's brother that the single camp-bed was adequate to sleep on. The decoration is very nice and more importantly the room was absolutely spotless. There is a small fridge that we used for beer, although don't expect to fit too much in! There is also a wardrobe to hang up anything you may have. The bathroom was very nice and the shower pressure is very good and hot water aplenty.

Breakfast in the morning was good, buffet style; bread, cereal, cake, espresso, juice, jams/spreads, fruit, yoghurt. Just remember if you get there first to leave enough for people in the other rooms!

So in a nutshell, comfortable for two, a little cramped for three but depends on who you're with. Some may find it out the way, we didn't as it's very handy for the train/metro. Having researched accommodation throughout the centre of Rome this was the best/cheapest I found. You will not get a hotel room of the same quality for anywhere near the same price - we paid 90 Euros a night.

I will recommend it to any of my friends/family who are planning trips to Rome.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends