“Great stay in Rome”

Bed & Breakfast Testaccio
Ranked #1,138 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this B&B for 4 days.
I loved everything. The room, the view, the building, the cafeteria downstairs where I had breakfast everyday and of course Elena.
She is a brilliant host. She explained to me in great detail how to get around.
There is a supermarket on the corner and a very nice bakery at the other side of the piazza on the left.
I can't wait to go back to visit Roma again.
I know where I will stay!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed here in feb/march and was really happy with it. For what we would have paid per night in one of the central hotels, we got three nights here, and it was just what we were after. The b&b is spotlessly clean, well heated, and well located. Breakfast of a cake and a coffee downstairs in the cafe made us feel like we were part of the local scene. Elena gave us loads of useful tips on local buses, so don't even think about bothering with the tourist bus or the roma pass! Normally, I'd run a mile from anything with a shared bathroom, but seriously, it was fine. Staying here felt more like being at a friend's house, and the amazing restaurants of Trastevere are a short walk across the bridge. Special mention to AK Bar for pre dinner drinks, and Le mani in pasta for dinner (book!).

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed here for a week and it was perfect for my needs.
Elena is also the perfect host, very friendly and gave me everything I needed, such as a jug to boil some water in my room, cup, cutlery, as there is no kitchen facility.
She also gave me a map and took time to describe the bus Nos. and routes, and places of interest.
She picked me up from the station in her little car, as it had just started to rain and I had a heavy suitcase.
I had a shared bathroom, but it was with only one other person and we never clashed.
Everything was cleaned daily, the room was large and light and the bed comfortable.
Breakfast is in the bar next door and there is a little park across the road with trees and benches.
I caught the bus several times, but I also walked into the centre of Rome which only takes about 15 minutes of casual walking alongside the river.
This is definitely a B&B I would recommend and would like to stay here again when back in Rome.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The Rooms are very clean,well managed and well maintained. Elena who manages this Bed and Breakfast is by far one of the best persons I have ever met.The first day itself she gave us 2 maps of Rome and explained it very clearly as to what trains we had to take to get to different places.We stayed there for 4 days and felt great! This bed and breakfast is located in the central part of Rome and very close to the Colosseum and Roman Forum and various other Historical places.There are a lot of bakery stores around as this is located in a residential area.The rooms wold get cleaned every day.Elena is a very helpful and a cheerful person and has an answer to all your queries including all bus numbers and timings Etc.Since she spoke good English it became easier for us to see the places around without any difficulty.Its Value for money.

Room Tip: Do ask Elena for the Map and the bus numbers and timings!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Noblenits S
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this B&B for the better part of a week and were extremely impressed. Elena is a phenominal host. There was a small issue where our room became unavailable te day we were to arrive. Elena not only booked us a room nearby and covered the difference out of pocket but also came to pick us up from the airport to make up for it. On top of that the rooms were very nice and the location was very walkable, we never even used public transport. This place is our new home away from home in Rome!

Reviewed 3 November 2012

We were with our family seven days in Rome and had a perfect stay. A nice and clean room with a good shower and a perfect bed for each of us. The breakfest next doors was simple but good and we have got each morning a perfect cup of cappuccino.
The apartment was in a friendy part of Rome with good and cheap restaurants close by. With in 10 minutes you are in the middle of Rome.
When we will go back to Rome we really like to stay again in this B&B.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family