“Wonderful stay”

Bed & Breakfast Testaccio
Ranked #1,123 of 3,779 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This B & B is within walking distance to the historic center of Rome, and close to the metro, train station and bus stops . There is a supermarket downstairs which is very convenient. It's located in a nice neighborhood, and Elena was a great host.
Breakfast downstairs consists of a large croissant, juice and a cappuccino which was quite filling and very good.

Our room was quite big and airy and we also had a private bathroom. The shower is a little too small though, not ideal for a big person. The common areas of the apartment is need of renovation, however the rooms are quite nice and modern. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Josianne M

Reviewed 21 June 2014

A great B&B in a lovely neighbourhood just a short bus ride away from Rome centre. I really enjoyed my stay here, and Elena was very helpful and friendly. I chose this B&B based on the reviews here and I wasn't let down. Transport links nearby are good, and the breakfast you get at the cafe downstairs is lovely.
Hopefully I can visit Rome again in the future, and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SarahJC7
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had a very pleasant stay at Elenas B&B. Great help with guiding us to the great places of Rome and especially Testaccio. She went out of her way to help me get the things i forgot at the B&B back to me. Always smiling and full of energy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rasmus J
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Elena is truly a great host, she provides us with maps and explained routes and places to see. The location of the hotel is a walking distance into town about 20 mins. . We did get tired though as we took longer routes than necessary and got lost often in Rome haha :) nonetheless, there are train stations close by to the station.

Testaccio is a great location to stay if you want to stay near the locals rather than mass tourist areas. The best pizza in town is located a square opposite the hotel which is called pizza Remo ! It's crazy busy and tastes amazing please do visit !

Breakfast - vouchers were given for a cup of capachino and a pastry from the downstairs cafe. Such cute elderly locals eat abd drink from here it's lovely.

It's a safe area and free wifi ;)

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights, our first - but definitely not last - trip to Rome and this B&B could not have been better. Ideally located near some fantastic bars and restaurants, a 20 to 30 minute walk from the centre of Rome and near to local buses and trains. Plus Elena is a fantastic host and spent time explaining where to eat and drink and how to get places. She could not have been more welcoming and friendly. If only every city had a B&B like this, it's an absolute gem!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this B&B for 4 days.
I loved everything. The room, the view, the building, the cafeteria downstairs where I had breakfast everyday and of course Elena.
She is a brilliant host. She explained to me in great detail how to get around.
There is a supermarket on the corner and a very nice bakery at the other side of the piazza on the left.
I can't wait to go back to visit Roma again.
I know where I will stay!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed here in feb/march and was really happy with it. For what we would have paid per night in one of the central hotels, we got three nights here, and it was just what we were after. The b&b is spotlessly clean, well heated, and well located. Breakfast of a cake and a coffee downstairs in the cafe made us feel like we were part of the local scene. Elena gave us loads of useful tips on local buses, so don't even think about bothering with the tourist bus or the roma pass! Normally, I'd run a mile from anything with a shared bathroom, but seriously, it was fine. Staying here felt more like being at a friend's house, and the amazing restaurants of Trastevere are a short walk across the bridge. Special mention to AK Bar for pre dinner drinks, and Le mani in pasta for dinner (book!).

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends