Hotel Villa Pinciana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Deko Rome(Rome)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvia venetospanish stepsbeautiful hotelquiet areaborghese gardenslarge terraceamerican embassyamerican coffeesitting roompastriesbed linenminute walk from the hotelrain showersafe neighborhoodthe staff were extremely helpfulbreakfast roomrome hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2010

A beautifull modern hotel well situated and with impacabel service.
Great value for money/

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank fixer912
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We stayed as a group of ten in this lovely boutique hotel; and we all agree that we would stay there again, meaning it passes the most important litmus test. The hotel was able to give us four rooms on the same floor, in the same area, so parents and kids (tweens and teens) could be nearby, with grandparents on the next floor.
The rooms ranged in size. Ours was beautiful and very spacious, with great windows and light. All the rooms had beautiful bathrooms and high ceilings. Some of the rooms had terraces. All were very clean (at least until the kids pretended to unpack) and well appointed.
Breakfast was wonderful, and could be eaten in the nicely decorated breakfast room inside, or the beautiful patio outside. (The patio was also a lovely spot for a drink before dinner.)
The hotel is located near the Via Veneto and the Spanish Steps, but far enough away that it was quiet and peaceful. We loved the variety of trees (palm, evergreen and desiduous) in the surroundings.
We had mixed interactions with the staff. Most were very nice and helpful, although the restaurant recommendations were narrow and seemed to be limited to those that are owned by the hotel owners. Being a group of ten, spanning three generations, we were mindful of cost, atmosphere and selection. Rest assured, we found some amazing restaurants in walking distance that were perfect for us! This is still a newish hotel, so we expect that the staff and services will mature with time and experience.
We highly recommend this hotel to individuals, couples, families and groups!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank Calmtravelers
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Perfection. Look no further – this is the one to book if you want a wonderful hotel in Rome, which is very comfortable, has a beautiful air conditioned interior, will provide a substantial breakfast and is within walking distance of all the main sights of Rome. The Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Coliseum, Roman Forum, The Parthenon and the Vatican can all be visited on foot from this hotel (a good map – which the hotel will provide – and a good level of fitness will help). For those who prefer to use transport the bus stop is only a couple of streets away and Rome Termini train station is only a 10 - 15 minute walk away. For those travelling into Rome from Ciampino Airport the shuttle bus, costing 4 Euros each way, will drop you at Rome Termini and the train from Fiumicino Airport also stops here. This beautiful hotel is in a quiet street and has a lovely terrace where you can fill up on the extensive breakfast choice before you embark on sightseeing. The breakfast buffet includes, a selection of cereals, fruit – whole and in juice, yogurts, fruit juice, boiled eggs, a selection of ham, cheese and cold meats, toast, bread and rolls, croissants, Danish and sweet pastries, butter and jams, American coffee, a selection of teas and frothy cappuccino on request. The staff are very welcoming and helpful and will book you a taxi, give directions or any help that is needed. We were lucky enough to be upgraded and given the only room on the top floor, room 501, the Borghese Suite. A beautiful suite with adjoining marble bathroom with Jacuzzi bath, and which also had two furnished private terraces on which to enjoy a drink from the mini bar, or just catch the sun whilst admiring the view of Rome. Everything was spotlessly clean and towels were changed daily. Though in a quiet area the hotel is a short stroll from some lovely, reasonably priced restaurants, and the more lively area of Via Veneto is also quite close by, where you can find a selection of shops, more expensive restaurants and the Hard Rock Cafe. This hotel is ideal for the travellers who want to see Rome before joining a cruise ship in Civitavecchia, as trains travel frequently from Rome Termini to Civitavecchia port. The journey takes about 1hr. 15 minutes and costs 4 Euros. (The dock in Civitavecchia is a short walk from Civitavecchia train station). For those with more time in Rome and wanting to spend some time on the beach, the resort of Santa Marinella, one stop before Civitavecchia is a good place to catch the sun. Whatever your reason for visiting Rome this hotel is the perfect place to stay and cannot be recommended highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank derby14
Reviewed 30 June 2010

This hotel was excellent overall. It is located in a quiet neighborhood off the Via Veneto. Great restaurants in the area. Easy walk to the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. Service was good. The room was very large and the bathroom was large as well. The breakfast was super with a large selection provided. The outdoor terrace was quiet and an a great place to have an after dinner drink or breakfast in the morning. Having said that I must qualify the but.
Prior to going to Rome I was warned of all the scams...the baby, the ring, the gypsies, pickpockets etc. But there were 2 scams that I was not aware of. On our first day in Rome, while walking down the street by our hotel we were stopped by a man in a car asking directions to Milan. We explained that we were from NY and unaware of directions. He proceeded to tell us that he worked for Versace and forgot how to get out of Rome. There was some friendly chitchat about NYC and then he told us that he was going to give us 2 sample leather jackets from Versace. Well, we were taken aback and questioned his motives. He assured us he was on the level and handed the jackets to my husband in a shopping bag. Then he proceeded to tell us that he needed gas money. With this my husband throws the jackets back into the car and tells him to get lost. Who knows what that was all about?
The other qualifier was a bit more serious. On my last night in Rome I got a call from a friend in the states at 1am saying that she had just received an email from me asking for $1550 dollars because my bag was stolen in UK and I was stranded. Earlier that day I had used the hotel's computer to send an email to my son about phone trouble I was having. The hotel provided me with a user name and password so I didn't think twice about the security of the computer. When I went back later to check my emails my account was not recognizing my password. I thought it odd but passed it off as a problem with the hotel's computer. Little did I know that sometime between the 2 computer logins someone had stolen my email account. I was frantic and really worried about identity fraud. I spent the next 2 hours calling my banks and credit card companies.
Fortunately the damage was limited to people on my contact list being bombarded with this crazy email. Luckily from the way it was written they knew it couldn't have possibly come from me. But it was very upsetting. The hotel staff was not very receptive to what had happened and tried to blow it off. Not the response I wanted. Meanwhile I saw people were still using the computer. At the very least I think they should have it checked or security changed. It was my only complaint but it was a major one.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mkurth
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Small hotel with all the big hotel ammenities!! Stayed in quad/suite with two children...age 11 and 13. Spacious room with two beds. Located on top floor, so had 2 private terraces. Staff was very helpful, especially with advice. Breakfast was very good and again, no problems with the children.

I would definately stay here again. The location was within a 5 minute walk to the spanish steps and the villa borghese. Trevi fountain within a 10 minute walk.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family