“travelling for work - feeling at home”
Review of B & B Due passi da

B & B Due passi da
B & B Due passi da
Ranked #2,400 of 3,640 Rome B&B and Inns
Odense, Denmark
“travelling for work - feeling at home”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Being in Rome for work the secretary had found this place for me to stay. I enjoyed very much the very clean room and bathroom - I stayed in the green room which was was very nice (at least from a female perspective) - and the freedom to go have the breakfast in the kitchen when I wished to do it. They had fresh oranges and apples in the kitchen, bricks of juice, mini cheese, and various biscuits etc. Some mornings, you even had one entire liter of milk for yourself, so you could make a nice cafe latte on your own. (much better than the "vending machine" coffee I was served in the previous hotel. Then of course... later you should go to a bar and have a true Roman 'cappucino e un cornetto con crema' as your second breakfast ;). Also, both the owner and his help offered me a coffee during the day. A lot of restaurants, a farmacy, grocery shopping, a gelateria (Mondi), and - alledgely - the best Tiramisu maker in Rome, and bus stops is just around the corner.

Room Tip: the green room was very nice with a good bed - the only I tried.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I chose this B & B because it was within an easy walk of the Olympic Stadium. I stayed for one night and found everything very satisfactory. I had a large room with en suite (great shower). It was warm and quiet. Breakfast was very good. All the elements of an Italian breakfast with tea available too. Everything was fresh and nicely presented. I didn't have time to look around the area but it seemed nice with a few shops and trattorias nearby. I had a leisurely walk back to Piazza del Popolo (metro station) on Sunday morning which was nice too, but if the tram is convenient and quick if you feel less energetic.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LocalTouristNZ
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Very clean and comfortable, fantastic value, considering how close it is to the centre of Rome. A very short walk through vibrant, safe part of town takes you to a tram which will take you to the centre of Rome in about 15 minutes. Trams are about every 10 minutes. If you feel energetic you can walk along the side of the river to the Vatican in about 45 minutes. Breakfast was adequate, tea, coffee, fruit juice, cakes and croissants, cereals. The manager was pleasant and very helpful.
It can be a bit difficult to find when you first get there as it is one floor of an apartment block, so does not have the appearance of a guest house from the outside. You have to ring the bell and the manager will let you in.
On the whole I would say that it's an excellent value place to lay your head in Rome at a really good price, will definitely stay again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I had to go to Rome urgently due to a family emergency and, being a long holiday weekend, most hotels & B&B's were full. I was lucky to find Due Passi da which was conveniently only 5 minutes walk from where I needed to be, so I was happy. It's small, friendly and above all clean, and the area around Ponte Milvio fun, full of restaurants & bars, with easy access to Rome's city centre. What I liked less was the price! It was way too expensive! I was being charged 150 euros for a room that should have cost no more than 70 - 90 euros. I made the initial booking through booking.com. My advice: go direct if you can! And if necessary, check out and then check back in at a cheaper rate! When in Rome, do as the Romans do: negotiate, and hard!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lizioli
Ramat-gan
Reviewed 4 November 2011

1-nice & central place
2-near the well known Corso
3-very clean
5-Breackfest-like at home
6-full turists support from the manager.
7-any help you need-- offered by HouseKeeper man
8-Public transport very near to the turist placs (trevi-colosseum)
9-Pizzas-restaurant-suchy bar- & coffe shops-arraund
10-Total=we will return....to 2 Passi hopping soon!!.

Moris\

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 3xyram-gan
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Clean, safe B&B in north Rome for a great price. Super-friendly general manager.

My original accommodation plans fell through, and 2 Passi Da had a last-minute cancellation, so I got dropped off there without knowing where it was located within what is a pretty large city. I was supposed to meet friends in the city center but had no idea had to get to my destination, so the general manager, Vicky (who lives at the B&B, which is super convenient), actually went with me all the way downtown (which involves a five- or 10-minute walk, a 10- or 15-minute tram ride, and then a quick metro ride) so that I could find the restaurant where I was meeting my friends. Then, because I would be coming home after the tram stopped running at midnight, Vicky actually loaned me his personal cell phone to call a taxi. He also woke up very early the two mornings I was there to call me a taxi. You cannot beat that service!

The B&B itself is very small. The rooms open up to the lobby, so there's not a ton of sound privacy, but the guests were quiet during my stay (and since Vicky lives on site, he's there in case anyone makes too much noise). The rooms are outdated, with soft mattresses (which seems common in Italy), but the B&B is a great deal for the price. And, again, you get unbeatable service.

One recommendation for others who choose this B&B: Get a more extensive Rome map than those offered by the tourist office or the guide books. This B&B is farther north than most maps show (it's near the famous Ponte Milvio bridge).

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank COCory
Nice, France
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We spent several days at 2 passi da.
Very nice and clean place, well located, with very good public transportation nearby.
A lot of restaurants and caffee shops at 3 minutes walk from the appartment.
Excellent support and help from Mr. Renato, the Manager, that took care of EVERYTHING, starting from tipical tourists needs, down to the smallest details like preffered espresso coffee at breakfast.
We are sure that it is not our last stay there.
Albert