“Excellent stay.”

Gli Scipioni Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 3,709 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 December 2012

David is a great host. He gave us very useful tips and recommendations on what to see, where to eat and ext.
The apartment is perfectly clean. Kitchen and fridge are fully loaded with foods,you will never get hungry. we love the expresso machine the most. Staying here was just like staying at home :)
Highly recommended for those who interested to visit Rome and Vetican in particular because its just short walk to Vetican city.

There are newer reviews for Gli Scipioni Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 29 November 2012

My friend and I booked David's BB place in Rome for a November weekend a month in advance. David was very responsive and great at keeping in touch from the get go. Upon arrival, we were beyond impressed! We got the "green room" and David was there to greet us. He gave us a great tour of the place including very detailed instructions on how to use the DVD player. There was complimentary wine and a mini fridge stocked with fresh yogurts, cold cut meats, cheeses, milks, fruit juices, bread, and much more. We had complete access to an awesome espresso machine, etc. The bedroom itself was immaculately clean and the bathroom perfect. This was a very nice treat, and way more personable than a hotel. I highly recommend David's place and look forward to when he opens up his BB in London :). Also - perfect central location close to Vatican City and an amazing gelateria (OBG! Ask David for recommendations!).

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Excellent service, accomidations, and location in Rome. The rooms were perfect for my mom, husband, and I. David was amazing and did all he could to make our stay memorable (including providing enough food to feed a small army). I will stay here EVERY time I am in Rome.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Best B&B I ever stayed in. Kitchen was fully stocked with good Italian snacks, food, and beverages, which is included in your stay. The room was spacious and fit me, my brother, husband, and 8 month old son. David the owner was very helpful in our Rome site seeing experience and gave us good recommendations on where to eat and what to see. Location was perfect. Right next to the train station. David spoke English, which was very helpful to us. The place was very cleaned and well stocked with anything you would need.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelli G
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Gli Scipioni is in a Beautiful location,very near San Pietro, rooms are reallu cute and clean, the breakfast is fresh and good, and there is always something to eat at every time, the owner, David is a professional and friendly guy, I definitly suggest this place to everybody!

Reviewed 16 November 2012

My wife and I recently stayed 5 nights at the Gli Scipioni B&B. David (proprietor) was on hand to give us a very warm, friendly and hospitable welcome. David proudly showed us our room (good size, spotlessly clean and very modern in appearance). Each of David's three bed rooms has a colour theme-- ours was orange. Not to my taste but what do I know about style. David then showed us his supermarket quantity of breakfast and lunch supplies-- all on offer 24 hours a day. The B&B is a 4 minute walk from the metro station and a 10 minute walk to St Peters/Vatican Museum. David was also kind enough to give us some ideas on local restaurants, where to go in Rome, and more importantly where not to go. I stayed in 14 B&B's on this European trip and Gli Scipioni was by far the no.1. this time round. It ticked all my boxes and I would have no hesitation in recommending David's B&B to anybody contemplating a stay in Rome.

Room Tip: Vito's restaurant across the street offers good rustic Italian cuisine at a reasonable price--we...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MickandKay1
Reviewed 12 November 2012

my family and I enjoyed our staying at Gli Scipioni B&B. We appreciated the location close to the Tube, Vatican and city centre. We appreciated the room, service and warm reception. David, the boss, is very effective, polite and give the accommodation an international style. Warmly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family