“Fab hotel, i would recommend to anyone visiting Rome”
Review of UNA Hotel Roma

UNA Hotel Roma
Ranked #98 of 1,273 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in August 2011. We had a superior room with a balcony. The Room was spacious, well decorated and the bathroom was very nice. The hotel was easy to find and in a good location to explore Rome with many restaurants nearby and good travel links, although we ended up walking to most places. The hotel was very modern, clean and the staff helpful. The breakfast was great. I Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Rome..

1  Thank Natashaa1
Write a ReviewReviews (3,164)

Reviewed 31 August 2011

We stayed for 6 nights an una during August 2011. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was excellent and the location of the hotel was perfect. The hotel is very close to Termini Station so you can easily take the Metro or the bus to go anywhere in Rome. Room size was big enough . As i booked the room through the hotel's website I had free internet. If i hadn't booked it from the hotel's website, internet costs 6 euros per hour. The only thing that was not good was the noice from the tram that runs beside the hotel. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

Reviewed 29 August 2011

Wonderful hotel from the moment you find it. It is not situated on a busy or main street. It is walking distance to the train station. We had a great room on the top floor with a large balcony. The room was very clean and we had a great nights sleep. Would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Mindful_Travels
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We are a family of 4 and stayed here for 4 nights before a cruise out of Chivi. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor we booked through hotels.ca and pre-paid at a non-refundable rate. My booking was followed by and immediate email requesting adjoining rooms on the couryard side. I was emailed back promplty acknoledging my request. I thought I was all set.

When we checked it, the adjoining rooms were unavailable. Being tired and hot after a long flight we didn't fuss too much but when we got to the rooms I decided to got back to the desk and made a fuss about not having connecting rooms. I simply did not feel comfortable not having direct access to the kids at night and did not appreciate that the room was not ready the way I had requested it after booking a non-refundable rate. After 30 minutes or so we got the connecting rooms but on the street side. Apparantly there are no connecting rooms available on the courtyard side. If you have a family and want to be conectected, the trade off is the noise coming from the steetcars entering the station. I suggested earplugs for the guests might be a nice idea.

Aside from a less than stellar check-in, the rest of our experience was lovely. Beautiful and modern rooms, lovely breakfast and courteous staff. We travelled by foot and cabs mostly. We took the subway once but only as part of a waling tour we book with rome experience tours. It cost us no more than 10 to 15 Euro to get enywhere by taxi depending on traffic.

There were lots of nice restauraunts in the area, our favorite was Elettra which was 2 doors down from an Onda Green laundramat. We did laundry at Onda green and enjoyed a glass of wine next door while waiting for our clothes. it was very pleasant.

Happy travels!

Room Tip: If you need adjoining rooms, bring ear plugs beacuse there are none available on the courtyard side...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank KingCityDancemom
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We had read that the area surrounding Termini station wasn't the best but we wanted to stay somewhere accessible to different transport and this place turned out to be perfect. We were even within walking distance to the collosseum so that was a bonus!!
Included in the rate was breakfast which was quite simple but I really enjoyed the fresh bread rolls in the mornings. We didn't eat in the restaurant, just had coffees and light meals. There are several decent restaurants that are really close by.
The staff were quite friendly and very helpful with questions about sites and restaurants.
Overall it was a great place for my husband and I to stay at and we would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Elisia29
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Room only available at 2pm, shower dirty, staff rude, too much expensive for the benefit

1  Thank syrter
UNAHOTELROMA, Vice Direttore at UNA Hotel Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2011

Dear Sir/Madame

First of all I want to apologize for all the inconvenience occured during your stay at UNA Hotel Roma.
UNA Hotels & Resorts gives customer care top priority and we regret for not accomplishing our goal to make your stay as pleasent as you expected , and we inteded it to be.

We constantly strive to improve and offer better value for money and knowing what our guests thinks of us is essential.

Thank you for leaving this review.

Best Regards
Rocco Delle Grotti

Reviewed 26 August 2011

This was the first time i was staying at a hotel in Rome, but my friend was getting married and had no more rooms at her house. When i told her about where the hotel was located she wasn happy , Una Hotel is half a block from Termini Station, she tried to talk me out of staying there because of the location, but i checked this websites and read the reviews and some were good and some were bad so decided to try it anyway. What a surprised when i got there, very nice and chic hotel, being close to Termini was great since buses and trains are right are your fingertips, at no time i felt scared at my surrondings, the area around the hotel was very nice , nice restaurants, delis, i felt safe.The hotel staff was great, went with my husband and our 5 year old son and even tough my reservation was for one double size bed they gave us a twin size bed for my son at no extra charge, that was nice. The staff was friendly and the complimentary buffet breakfast was very good. Stayed there for ine week and will stay there again. They just need a pool !!!!!., but overall Una Hotel in Rome is great!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family