“Picked for location and pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of UNA Hotel Roma

UNA Hotel Roma
Ranked #102 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Houston, TX, USA
“Picked for location and pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

My wife and I needed a hotel where we could crash after 24+ hrs of air travel that was near the Termini. I looked at the reviews and photos on Trip Advisor and decided to book. At first, I was leery of my choice, looking at the surrounding area on Google Street View and seeing all the graffiti and trashy looking stores in the area. But I was happy to see the area was much cleaner and not run-down. The walk from Termini was just a couple of minutes. The exterior is clean, fresh and modern, as is the interior. The staff was very pleasant and helpful with any questions we had. The bellman was prompt with our bags and showed us how to turn on the lights, set the thermostat, etc (not the typical set-up as American hotels; the lights are activated by inserting your key card into the wall). The room was spacious (comparable to most of the newer chain hotels in every American town these days) and very clean. The bathroom was large and modern with the only inconvenience being the awkward shower/tub combo (the pane of glass that serves as a door doesn't really do anything helpful and is pretty much just in the way). The breakfast layout had plenty for us to eat, with a variety of fruits, meats, cereals, breads, yogurt and beverages and the dining room was very clean. We enjoyed our stay to the point that we wished we'd booked it for the three days we spent after our cruise, even over a more centrally-located hotel.

Room Tip: Our room that faced an interior atrium was very quiet. Not sure how the street-facing rooms fared fo...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HickoryShampoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

Hello, I am a very regular traveler and stayed in this hotel 2 nights. Despite good looking on web site, don't trust too much the pictures, this hotel do not deserve its 4 star, except for the huge price which is indeed aligned with a luxury hotel although this one is just average.
First, I reserved through their web site for 7 nights but had unfortunately to leave the hotel for health reasons after two nights. Despite their conditions where it was clearly written I can cancel anytime and will pay at the end of my stay, they wanted me to pay the whole week and their front desk were pretty aggressive to force me to pay what I should not !! I had to fight pretty hard to finally be understood, this is first time I have such experience in a 4 stars hotel. Their service is far from being at the level of such category. Furthermore, this hotel have other significant drawbacks: 1. The rooms were not heated, and we went down to 18deg in the night, although I did complain several time to raise the temperature, they couldn't do anything nor giving us an external heater. 2. The hotel is very noisy, especially in the lobby were you can meet a crowd almost at every hour, their staff is clearly too small to handle such number of customers. Last, the WiFi is amazingly expensive which is not acceptable for a 200 Euros night price. I'm not talking about the area where the hotel is (central station) which is plenty of homeless and not safe at all. So if you wish to stay in a good hotel in rome, pass this one and choose another!

Room Tip: if you wish to stay in a good hotel in rome, pass this one and choose another!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jporcaro
UNAHOTELROMA, Vice Direttore at UNA Hotel Roma, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for spending your time to share your experience with us regarding your last stay at UNA Hotel Roma.

We give great value to all our customers feedback as it allows us to do always better, in fact the great standard of service in which we believe and deliver is proven by the many positive reviews of our guests that have allowed us to achieve a high score on review sites online.

What has been applied to you is our cancellation policy that can be found on our website and comply with the standard of many other hotel around the world, which is a one night penalty fee for no show, early departure, late cancellation etc, unless of course a rate with specific restriction, such as prepaid and not refundable and not modifiable, has been booked.

We hope to have the possibility to accomodate you once again in the next future.

Best regards,
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

Was in Rome on a work trip but would definitely go back for city break and stay here. The bed was so big and comfy with such lovely crisp, white sheets, I didn't want to come home. And... delicious room service. Ideal.

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank betty1000
Halifax
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

The termini area is not the most salubrious or appealing in Rome, but it is convenient if you are en route. We arrived in Rome too late to take a train to our apartment in Florence, so we stayed at Una Roma, and found it comfortable, quiet, and clean. Service was good, breakfast was adequate, and the staff were courteous. I'd much rather stay closer to the Arno or in a neighbourhood with more character, but if you are looking for something near Termini and are willing to pay for that convenience, this is a good choice.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

We stayed at UNA hotel for three nights, it was really a nice experience for us.the hotel has great location, nice and clean room and good breakfast. this hotel close to termini station, easy to go anywhere, we visited some tourist attractions only on foot, very convernience. I would definitely recommend to my friends.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LU S
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

UNA Hotel in Rome was a first rate hotel that I would definitely recommend to all my friends and family. Rome was the first stop on our honeymoon and we wanted a hotel that was clean, modern and was full of American amenities. UNA Hotel met all these requirements and then some. The room was clean and large for European standards. The staff was helpful and recommended great restaurants, and the breakfast that was offered was out of this world. It was also close to Termini Station and to several tourist attractions. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Graz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

This was my first trip to Rome and I had difficulties choosing the right hotel for me. But upon arrival I realized that I made an excellent choice. The staff of this hotel is extraordinary, the rooms are comfortable and not too small, and the overall hotel was very clean.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple