“Excellent value off the beaten path”
Review of Relais 6

Relais 6
Ranked #32 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I recently spent two nights at the Relais 6 during a brief holiday/vacation in Rome. I chose the hotel because I enjoy staying outside of the city center when I travel -- I appreciate experiencing different neighborhoods, and I don't mind making an extra effort to use public transportation. Relais 6 is exactly the sort of hotel I like: relatively small, elegant, with many "extras" that are otherwise unaffordable when you stay in a more central (i.e. more expensive) location. I will admit that sometimes it was frustrating waiting for buses, which were crowded more often then not. But I knew that would be the case when booking the hotel, and for me the pros outweighed that particular con. We received recommendations for two restaurants from two members of the very kind and informed hotel staff, each within a 10-minute walk of the hotel -- a plus after a long day of exploring the city on our feet. Both of them (San Marino and Pepe Verde) were excellent, and filled with locals. I wish there had been extra pillows availalbe in the room for guests (like me) who prefer more support while sleeping; also, the wifi was often slow; but those are minor complaints. The Relais 6 was everything I wanted: comfortable, cute, interesting, good breakfast buffet, even free beverages in the minibar. I will recommend this hotel to friends who like to stay off the beaten path.

2  Thank Amy H

Reviewed 11 December 2011

15 per. group staying 1 week in December 2011. Hotel is realy very nice, modern, clean. Great staff, very helpful, well english speaking and friendly. Reception 24 h open. Free Wi-Fi in the room, PC at common area. Gorgeous rooms with automatic rolladen shades, bathroom and common areas. Breakfast was very good, big choice. Nice top floor terrace with cool view and gym. Food shops 10-15 min away from the hotel. Nearest bus stop 200m. Nearest metro stop 15-20 min by the walk. We are wold like come back to Relais6 next time with pleasure!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: dbl 207 senior (corner, large), dbl 201 (with balcony), dbl 202 (nice)
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank NRow
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We really liked everything about this hotel. Great staff, gorgeous rooms and common areas with a very tasteful vintage feel. Breakfast and garden were lovely, we also noticed the item collections in the "living room" and the small meeting room with the original old-theatre seats. Location should not put you off for being a little further from the "over-touristy" centre. It's well connected by public transport in a very nice area. What can I say, overall a great feel and quality, truly original and inviting... Many thanks to the lovely staff who helped us with all our questions, every time!

1  Thank JenAth
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We stayed here on our First trip to Rome and enjoyed our stay here very much. The staff at reception were very helpful. Our room was great with a complementary mini bar and a nice terrace off our bedroom with a lovely view of the area. The hotel even has it's own Museum to allied forces to Rome and loads of history. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a terrace, Class!
1  Thank willowinie
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We loved this hotel. It was very clean, modern, and updated with good ammenities and a nice breakfast. Rooms were comfortable, plenty of hot water, automatic rolladen shades, free wi-fi, minibar, free breakfast, TV but no english channels. Very quiet location for a good nights sleep. Front desk recommended a nice pizzeria within walking distance, though there's not too much in the area. The main con in my opinion is the distance to the city center. You have to take the buses which are often crowded and unpredictable. They were a source of stress for us during our trip. Also, the eggs at breakfast were never replenished past 9:15 or so, even though breakfast ends at 10. They forgot to bring my hot tea as well. I know, minor things really, but I'm just being thorough. Overall, I would recommend this hotel as long as you don't mind the distance factor.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lifeacrossthepond
Reviewed 5 December 2011

the existing reviews allready stated that the place is not walking distance to the old town. You can take one of four buslines to get to the main station or old town. The metro station in a 10 min walk. Very charming house with kind staff. We had an appartnet with big terrasse looking on other old villas and palmtrees. Breakfast exccellent for itailan stándards. W-lan did not work in our room on the 3rd-floor. We had to go to the lobby or use the internet terminal.

Reviewed 5 December 2011

Front desk staff was very helpful with maps and directions. Hotel is close to embassies, quieter area of the city, great for couples who need sleep:) television stations don't have English stations, plenty of stations but no English. Wifi was ok, but other places have faster wifi.

• Stayed: November 2011