“Great Value, Great Rooms, Easy access to the City”
Review of Relais 6

Relais 6
Ranked #34 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 29 August 2010

We had a really great stay at this hotel.

It's a little outside the city (about 2-3km from the center), but it's definitely worth it. You can get into town easily with multiple buses right around the corner and you have access to every part of the city.

Our room was modern, good size, clean, had great A/C, and was VERY quiet. Breakfast was good.

The whole hotel seems very unique, classy, comfortable, and somewhat homey. There is a pretty nice rooftop for some romantic night-caps.
We got a really good deal on the rooms, so it was a great value as well.

We would definitely stay here again next time, and would recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 July 2010

we stayed 6 nights. the hotel was neat, excellent room service and staff... away 5 min walk from bus stop, then 15-20 min from termini station. i'd like to point out that they kept our luggage - free of charge - while we visited venice for 2 days... that was very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank waleedalissar
Reviewed 28 June 2010

We checked in this hotel by chance for one night as the original one that I booked (for four nights) was overbooked. We were assured by the original one that they will definitely have a room for us on the next day.

This hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood, looks well maintained. As it is not close to Metro, bus and tram stops are located at the main road.

The gentleman who checked us in was well mannered and helpful with maps and direction to nearest bus stops.

When we checked out on the next morning, the gentleman at the front desk was rude. He wave with his back of his hand toward us, the hand gesture seems to tell us 'off you go, you are not really a guest of our hotel'. When I requested him to call a cab for us to transfer back to the original hotel that I booked, he just cut short my conversation and said 'I know' without letting me finish the sentence. Apparently there must be a remark or instruction on the computer screen that inform the front desk staff to follow up while the guest checking out.

To be fair, this is only an individual attitude towards his job, this would not affect my decision to stay here again if the price is right and it suits my needs.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EuropeExplorer18
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Although we stayed in this hotel more than six months ago, I always meant to leave a review comment but have not been on trip advisor much recently. Just to say that we loved this hotel- the staff could not have been any more welcoming and helpful. The decor of the hotel was tasteful throughout as well as extremely clean. Our bedroom was spacious and comfortable. Although located out of the city centre a bit- we were thankful of this fact and never had any problems getting in and out of the centre due to the frequency of the buses. By the end of our week in Rome (although we also travelled to Orvieto for a day), we could not really face any more public transport so the hotel arranged for a car and driver to take us to the airport from the hotel- the air conditioned S class Merc was much appreciated after a week of crowded buses and trains! As it turned out, the car was cheaper than the combination of bus and taxi that we had taken on arriving in Rome. Would highly recommend this as form of transport for arrival/ departure- stress free and relaxing.

Breakfast was also good at the hotel. We also found a great restaurant in close proximity to hotel (Pepe Verde) which we visited a number of times.

The only issue we had the time was the fact that the gym/ fitness room was not open when we were there (despite being advertised on their website when we booked). However, I believe this was due to open shortly after our stay as the hotel had only just opened although I was disappointed that the gym was not open as this is generally a factor when booking hotels for a number of nights. Overall, we loved this hotel and would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy7777
Reviewed 18 May 2010

We stayed here for four nights in May and I was a bit nervous about the location after hearing the reviews however I am so glad this didn't put me off. There is a bus stop 2 minutes from the hotel and this bus goes past about every 10 minutes and it takes you to the Termini (main Metro/train station) in Rome, this trip took 15minutes at the most. Yes some of the buses are very full but if thats the case wait for the next one! From the Termini you can get to most of the sites and if you are mobile you can walk between them. I was glad to use the public transport because it made me feel less of a tourist! The hotel itself is beautifully decorated, the staff are friendly and helpful - they gave us a map when we first arrived and explained where everything was. I definately recommend having a nice strong coffee with breakfast, it really sets you up for the day! If I was to return to Rome (and I hope I do - I LOVED IT!) I would stay at this hotel. One more tip book your tickets for the Vatican online - the queue if you turn up on the day is about 3hrs long!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewcastleMrsC
Reviewed 13 April 2010

If you don't mind, or enjoy being just a bit out of the city center, this is a fantastic hotel. You will need to take the bus for about 10 minutes to get to the sites. However, the quality of the hotel and price makes it worth the effort. Our room, on the 4th floor, was large, clean and had a great view of the quiet, upscale neighborhood. The staff was friendly. My two daughters, 16 and 12 slept on the pull-out sofa, which was comfortable. There are a few restaurants within walking distance that are good.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2010

This Hotel was lovely ....the personal touch was fantastic ...It was my husbands 50 Birthday and we wanted to relax and sight see...The reception staff were wonderful and helpful....The hotel is 10 mins outside of Rome but buses excellent ..We found a marvellous Restaurant/Pizzeria called Peppe Verde 10 mins from hotel...we would stay again and definitely reccomend Thank you

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple