“perfect location great hotel”

Pantheon Royal Suite
Ranked #206 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I can only comment on my experience. i booked this hotel as a birthday gift for my boyfriend for his 30th as he always wanted to go to Rome I booked the Pantheon Delux as I really wanted a special view. I panicked a little reading the reviews just days before we were to stay but I had nothing to worry about. I arranged wine and fruit to be in our room when we arrived, this was done and both were lovely. The airport transfers we asked for were arranged and both taxi drivers were on time and very helpful with carrying my bag and opening my door for me. We arrived before check in and our room wasnt ready but our details were taken and so were our bags. We arrived back later to be handed our key card. We got a little stuck finding the right corridor to our room but a member of helpful staff took us to the right room and showed us the use of the key card. There our bags had been taken to our room for us, lovely. The shower is in the room which i found different but actually my partner and I just smiled at the novelty of it and the shower space was fine as my boyfriend is a broad shouldered 6ft 3 bloke and had no issues. He had more space in that shower than our own at home!!! The smallest bit of space in the room was between the end of the bed and the wall but i even struggle to call that a negative. Plenty of room for our bags and hanging space available similar to he space you would find in any Holiday Inn in the UK. the mini bar was fully re-stocked each day and the rooms were cleaned and tidy. Even the floors cleaned, as we often came back from breakfast to find our room had just been done and you could see where they had mopped up. Talking of breakfast, it's not quite like we would have in the UK but then again we werent in the UK! It was nice to have the ham and cheese and the sweet cakes they had. My boyfriend had their bacon eggs and sausages and as someone who travels every week as part of his job he knows a good breakfast when he has one, he enjoyed it all, and the coffee was lovely. The staff at breakfast were very helpful and the room was not in a closed sticky smelly room. It was in the room you see on the website. All staff were more than helpful in my booking and during our stay. Even when I needed a corkscrew for our wine the member of staff who didnt speak much more English than I did Italian was most helpful in finding me the corkscrew. We had no issues with levels of noise from rooms next door and yes you could hear people if they passed your door and were talking but not any different to again any other hotel or being at home in my semi-detached and I sometimes hear my neighbour. The biggest noise would be the cleaners but they only started cleaning at the sort of time we were getting up anyways so this was not a bother. The restuarant just at the right served great food and we hadnt realised on the special discount, but when the restuarant staff saw which hotel we returned to then came after us to give us back the money we should have been discounted. The wireless was brilliant and we were able to skype our parents and give them a guided tour of our room and our view!!! Our jacuzzi waqs much needed after walking the sites of Rome. Location was fabulous and yes their were the street musicians and singers in the day and night but we found this added to the atmosphere and really enjoyed it. The windows did keep out the noise when time for sleep and what a comfortable bed to sleep on. I could go on with praise I really could. Will recommend the hotel and will stay there again. I would however based on my experience and other reviews only ever book the pantheon delux room. Thank you for making our holiday everything we could have wished for.

Room Tip: based on my experience and the other reviews i would recommend if you can afford to pay for the Pant...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
PantheonRoyalSuite, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Pantheon Royal Suite, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Dear Madam,

thank you so much for taking your time to write such a detailed review! All the Staff is really happy about your nice words and we really want to thank you.

Let me tell you that we are so glad to know that your experience in our structure has been positive and I guess we exceed your expectations.

We hope you will come back soon and see us again

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 October 2011

Agree with many of the previous reviews. Overpriced, breakfast terrible and the smallest and darkest room. Only the location is good. Also the recommendation I was given for dinner was rubbish (restaurant to left outside the hotel door). Keep away, far better places to stay in Rome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the square - but it might be noisy and it might be 'unavailable...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Christine C
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We stayed in this hotel for our 10th wedding anniversary, and it was perfect! We booked a Pantheon Deluxe room on their website and we had a wide, comfortable, modern and very clean room facing the square with the Pantheon. In the room there was also a jacuzzi under the bed. We really spent a pleasant time at this hotel and would be happy to come again. The staff is professional and very kind with all or request. Do not believe to previous reviews, they have many room types, just choose what you like better! Location is fantastic and the hotel was up to our expectations!! thank you guys

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
PantheonRoyalSuite, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Pantheon Royal Suite, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2011

Dear Guest,

thank you for spending your precious time for sharing your experience with us and all the other customer of tripadvisor.

we are glad to notify thet we exceed your expectations and staisfy you with your request.

reviews like yours make us proud and improve us to work harder and give to the customers our best.

we hope to see you again for a next stay,

looking forward to hearing from you,

kindest regards,

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Extremely small room.. 30 sm between bed and walls, so it was good possibility to make a sport, moving without affecting to the TV on the wall, jumping over a staying luggage o the floor (no another space for luggage). Bath room is 1 sq.m. large, shower doors could not be opened due to they run to the WC and wash basin, no space to put even cosmetic bag, so it is possible to keep something only on a cover of WC or into bidet (sorry). It was possible to make up only left eye, because it was no space to fit a brush to the right.. but what is the problem to view grandiose Rome sights with only one makeuped eye! Also, light over a mirror could be helpful even for only left one..
View to the scrapyard brings especially big contrasts between „modern“ and ancient...
Also, we where very lucky with all our room neighbors, who did not use water long time and where very shy and talking whisper...
Could not say any bad words about a staff, they are working also in extreme conditions, 1-2 persons on a 0,5 sq.m, all the time doing with electricity problems and so on..
Breakfast is normal comparing with another Rome hotels and restaurants. It is still strangely for me that Italians could not make a normal food. Level of food in whole Rome is poor (just making money, nothing more). Tourists are used as bags of money. Taxist who have taken 35 Eur from Termini station to the Piazza della Rotonda.. 43 EUR for 2 simple soups and 2 juices… As I see, crisis brings a good income…
On my opinion, it will be better to put information about room size on the WEB site, because saying truth is always better avoid surprises for clients, of cource if you a waiting for same clients or they friends one more time.
Any way, I`d like to thank all persons we met during our stay in Rome, our memory of Rome is mostly valuable! Rome always be a grandiose Rome, forever!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing with us and all the other customers of tripadvisor your experience.

we thank you also for your kind regards. we apologize if we do not exceed your expectation. but let us remind you that we have a front desk that provides assistance 24 h per day. and the rooms are located in a XV Century Building in the heart of Rome and the room size are equal as all the other Hotel in the pantheon square. our hotel has many type of room that differ in size and features.

let us tell you that review like yours improve us and try to give to our guest the best.

looking forward to see you for a next stay,

kindest regrads,

Reviewed 26 September 2011

I agreed completely with the last review: "The Pantheon royal suite was a bad experience. Rooms are terribly small and overprized.
As for the first night I had a room without a window (...) I asked for a change and got a room on a higher floor. Just next to the noisy airconditionning tower, but at least with a window.
On the internet the hotel looks great, but in real it is really not what you are expecting.
Breakfast is terrible - in a closed room, sticky and smelly! Why don't they serve breakfast on the terrasse downstairs? Food isn't presented in a nice way and service is extremly unfriendly.
I wouldn't go back there. " It's was a really sad experience."

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank marciavicente
PantheonRoyalSuite, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Pantheon Royal Suite, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2011

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear that your experience at the Pantheon Royal Suite was not very good.
Our Hotel is located in a historic building of the XVth century, in the heart of the city center in which as another hotel located in a historical building, the rooms are not very spacious.
However, at the time of the reservation there is the possibility to choose among nne types of rooms, all with a window (even if some of this with a vasistas opening) anyone with its features.
On our website typologies are shown exactly as they are; so that every desire may besatisfied by the right choice.
Our rates are the same that can be foud in an hotel with the same caegory and location: an htel facing the Pantheon sqare cannot have the same valu that anotheron behind that sqare.

I am sorry to hear that also the breakfast was not to your liking because there is really a grea choice between a lot of things: fresh pasrties,croissant, different type of bread, butter, marmalades, nutella, two or tree type of cereals, fresh fruit, different type of yogurt, cheese, ham, sausage, hot scrambled eggs, many taste of tea, cappuccino, american coffe and expresso,milk, hot chocolate orange and pineapple juices. Everyting is served in a spacious and bright room overlooking the Pantheon square.

For these and many other reason we hope to satisfy the desires of fferent people.

Cordiali saluti,

Elisabetta

Reviewed 24 September 2011

The Pantheon royal suite was a sad experience. Rooms are terribly small and overprized.
I wouldn't go back there.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank COKandersteg

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear that youe experience at the Pantheon Royal Suite was not very good.

Cordiali saluti,

Elisabetta

Reviewed 21 September 2011

The Pantheon Royal Suite = Unfriendly and rude staff,extremely tiny rooms,one step size shower,5 cm window, no view and small elevator, over priced hotel.

Please do not book this hotel.It is not what you see on the website.If you look at the pictures photos have been taking in special lens to make the room and hotel look big and nice. Extremely bad hotel experience. 280 per night, they are out of their mind with this unfriendly, tiny 4 Stars ( it shouldn't have even 2 stars ) boutique ( they call them self Boutique:)) ) Hotel doesn't deserve a penny.

We arrived the hotel and they gave us tiny room with smell of painting. They painted the rooms and expected that guests can stay in the smelly rooms. Are they mad??? We complain and they moved us an OTHER HOTEL at 10 pm. They said the hotel we are going to stay has same standarts and price will be same, They send us 3 Stars hotel instead of 4 Stars and price of the hotel was 160 Euros per a night. Do you know what they did , Pantheon Royal Suite wanted to charge 280 Euros per a night for the other hotel. Of course we didn't pay 280 , we paid the price that listed in the other hotel but this took our 4 hours with stress.
Poor attitude of staff and management. Annoying thing was they thing they are right to charge 280 Euro per a night that we DID NOT STAY in the hotel.This was done in a very unfriendly and rude manner. The staff walked around with an attitude. Staff did not deal with problems effectively as we complained and no response.

Bad points of this hotel:

*The breakfast was absolutely awful. Worst coffee I've ever had The food is not served hot and freshly cooked. Low quality, limited choice, no fresh fruit, cakes were not fresh.and a very limited range of food on offer,waiter hopeless
*Too much money for a room with No outside windows, and the rooms had paper thin walls.15m2 rooms
*Deluxe room pantheon view had half a window - don't be fooled by their photo. A very narrow strip of room leading to it. The rest of the room was behind a wall so you couldn't even see the room from your bed.
*You can't see out the windows at all and there was no natural light. It is like being in a windowless room which felt a little claustrophobic. You had to have a light on at all times.
*The bathroom was unbelievably tiny and cramped, not even 1 metre wide. You couldn't even turn in it and a large person would not have fit.
*The employees should know how to communicate with customers.Staff uniform untidy dirty.
*The restaurant that was advertising 15% discount charged 5 euro to use 2 serviettes for lunch which almost negated the discount.Avoid restaurant below despite pasta uncooked & overpriced for quality.
*General cleanness was poor.
*Wireless internet is available but the signal is not strong as it should be, and difficulties with access to internet.
*Hotel had not even a name outside.
*Room insulation poor could hear people in room next door.

At the end we stayed 3 stars hotel (Albergo Santa Chiara) instead of this horrible hotel and it was half of the price of Pantheon Royal Suite.We had a big room, and excellent breakfast. Staff was really good.More comfortable hotel & shower you could actually use & enjoy at!!!!

I strongly recommend anyone to AVOID this hotel.

Regards

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank EElicious

Dear guest,
thank you for spending your time for the review as concerning you stay with us.
despite its a negative comment let us say that our staff provide customer assistance 24 hour per day with courtesy and professionalism.
the hotel is located ibn a XV Century building in the heart of Rome.
the standard room are not so big, but they are the same size of all other room of hotel of equivalent category, located in historic building.
our hotel as well as offering assistance to the customer, offer different type of room with various features in size.
as concerning the price are the same as the hotel located in the Pantheon Square and not different from other hotel in the same location.
please accept our apology for the inconvenience of the 1st night, but we repair immediately looking for you another hotel and for this reason we do not accept your request for the non-payment of the night.

Hope to hear you again for a next stay,

kind regards,