“Wonderful location”

Pantheon Royal Suite
Ranked #189 of 1,268 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We have just enjoyed a 3 night stay at the Pantheon Royal Suite, Rome. The location was wonderful and our room (Deluxe) overlooked The Pantheon and Square where there was always lots of activity and a really good tenor singing each late afternoon. There was always a police presence in the Square which we thought was good. Windows were double glazed, but thin bedroom walls allowed noisy neighbours to badly affect our sleep on one of the nights. The bedroom and shower room, although small, were adequate and immaculately clean. Feather pillows did not suit us because of allergies, but they were instantly changed for non-allergenic ones. Breakfast consisted of cereals, fruit, ham/cheese/breads, bacon/scrambled eggs, preserves, pastries which we enjoyed. The Reception staff were very helpful, although it would have been advantageous to know that on visits to some of the tourist sights eg. Colosseum, age 65 and over or under 18 could have paid a reduced entrance fee on production of identity card or passport. Drinks very expensive in the Square ie small red wine and medium beer 17 euros. Very central for sightseeing. Quite difficult to locate Hotel as there was no signage and there is a Hotel Pantheon overlooking the Square as well which may confuse. We located it by the address 7 Rotonda.

Room Tip: Our Room was 309 on third floor - a Double Deluxe Room, modern decor, and had a great view. I belie...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
PantheonRoyalSuite, Fron Desk Reception at Pantheon Royal Suite, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing Pantheon Royal Suite for your stay in Rome.

we appreciate your positive review on Triadvisor! and let us thank you for sharing your experience with us and all the other customers of Triadvisor.

we look forward to hearing from you for a next stay,

Reviewed 9 November 2011

I do not usually write reviews but wanted to say that this hotel did everything right during my stay.

If you are going to the trouble of staying on the Piazza Della Rotunda, go the extra distance and book one of the better rooms: The classic Hotel Minerva around the corner does not have a view of the piazza and its basic rooms are the price of the best room at the Royal Suites.

I was very satisfied with the service and the staff were eager to please. I booked a room for my girlfriend's 29th birthday and arranged for a bottle of Moet to be awaiting us when we arrived. The staff automatically upgraded us to the Round Dreams suite, with a private elevator and two balconies overlooking the Piazza Della Rotunda. All was very well laid out and the staff offered us every consideration at all hours.

From reading some of the other reviews I can say that the room was very clean and spacious.

I cannot comment on the breakfast as we ate out. I have rarely known a hotel to recommend good restaurants: best to do your own research ahead of time.

All things considered, I would endorse this hotel and particularly the better rooms.

Room Tip: If you're going to go to the trouble to get a place on the Piazza Della Rotunda, go the extra mi...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RCJB
PantheonRoyalSuite, Front Desk Receptionist at Pantheon Royal Suite, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing Pantheon Royal Suite for your stay in Rome.

we are glad to notify that you appreciate the Hotel and the staff. let us thenk you once again for sharing your experience with us and all the other customers of Tripadvisor.

positive reviews like yours make us proud of our hard work and meet some of our target.

we look forward to hearing from you for a next stay,

Reviewed 4 November 2011

Overall - Great hotel and I would stay again and recommend to others!

Location - Our room was at the front, and if we leaned out of the window we could see the Pantheon. It overlooked a lovely little square where there were opera singers at night which was very romantic. It also helps you feel that even when you go back to your room you're still in the heart of Rome. The location is very central, we had no problems finding nearby restaurants and shops, and it was so easy to walk to all the sights we wanted to visit like the Vatican and Colosseum.

Room - We booked a room which had a jacuzzi under the bed! You pressed a button and the bed went up, leaving the jacuzzi which was sunk into the floor. The room was just big enough, but you can't expect a big room in an old building when there is an en suite bathroom and a massive comfy bed! The facilities were great, the jacuzzi was massive and the shower in the bathroom was also roomy. The square outside was busy til the early hours, but the double glazing kept out most of the noise. Also the air conditioning was really quick to work and very quiet, so we got a great night's sleep.

Staff - The staff we spoke with were friendly and helpful, and there was always someone available at the front desk.

Breakfast - The continental breakfast was really nice, and the food was regularly refilled. There was also a good variety of types of food available.

Tip - Call the hotel and ask them to book your taxi to and from the airport. We got our own taxi going there and it was so expensive! The one booked through the hotel was a lot cheaper.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
PantheonRoyalSuite, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Pantheon Royal Suite, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2011

Dear Guest,

reviews like this makes us happy :-))))

Thank you for the additional info you have posted. It will surely be helpful to a lot of our future guests.

It is always a pleasure to hear that we are able to make you feel more than welcome.

When can we expect to see u again? One of our best room is waiting for you!

Best regards

Reviewed 19 October 2011

The only thing good about this hotel is the location, everything else is TERRIBLE, poor service, terrible cheap breakfast anddirty rooms. Additionally, they provide poor recommendations to places to eat that are are good.
I am a world traveller and this was a teriible experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank joepa1
PantheonRoyalSuite, Director of Sales at Pantheon Royal Suite, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2011

Dear Sir,
I am surprised to understand that your disappointment is related to the fact that we could not grant you the free upgrade to our most expensive room for the your entire stay, instead of two nights as agreed upon your arrival. We are used to offer upgrade when superior rooms are available upon clients' check in, and regret to know that this was not appreciated and that your experience with us had been damaged by this. We never received your complaint about breakfast or cleaness of the room, we could have solved these matter during your stay!
Hope you will give us a chance to serve you better, best regards

Reviewed 13 October 2011

I can only comment on my experience. i booked this hotel as a birthday gift for my boyfriend for his 30th as he always wanted to go to Rome I booked the Pantheon Delux as I really wanted a special view. I panicked a little reading the reviews just days before we were to stay but I had nothing to worry about. I arranged wine and fruit to be in our room when we arrived, this was done and both were lovely. The airport transfers we asked for were arranged and both taxi drivers were on time and very helpful with carrying my bag and opening my door for me. We arrived before check in and our room wasnt ready but our details were taken and so were our bags. We arrived back later to be handed our key card. We got a little stuck finding the right corridor to our room but a member of helpful staff took us to the right room and showed us the use of the key card. There our bags had been taken to our room for us, lovely. The shower is in the room which i found different but actually my partner and I just smiled at the novelty of it and the shower space was fine as my boyfriend is a broad shouldered 6ft 3 bloke and had no issues. He had more space in that shower than our own at home!!! The smallest bit of space in the room was between the end of the bed and the wall but i even struggle to call that a negative. Plenty of room for our bags and hanging space available similar to he space you would find in any Holiday Inn in the UK. the mini bar was fully re-stocked each day and the rooms were cleaned and tidy. Even the floors cleaned, as we often came back from breakfast to find our room had just been done and you could see where they had mopped up. Talking of breakfast, it's not quite like we would have in the UK but then again we werent in the UK! It was nice to have the ham and cheese and the sweet cakes they had. My boyfriend had their bacon eggs and sausages and as someone who travels every week as part of his job he knows a good breakfast when he has one, he enjoyed it all, and the coffee was lovely. The staff at breakfast were very helpful and the room was not in a closed sticky smelly room. It was in the room you see on the website. All staff were more than helpful in my booking and during our stay. Even when I needed a corkscrew for our wine the member of staff who didnt speak much more English than I did Italian was most helpful in finding me the corkscrew. We had no issues with levels of noise from rooms next door and yes you could hear people if they passed your door and were talking but not any different to again any other hotel or being at home in my semi-detached and I sometimes hear my neighbour. The biggest noise would be the cleaners but they only started cleaning at the sort of time we were getting up anyways so this was not a bother. The restuarant just at the right served great food and we hadnt realised on the special discount, but when the restuarant staff saw which hotel we returned to then came after us to give us back the money we should have been discounted. The wireless was brilliant and we were able to skype our parents and give them a guided tour of our room and our view!!! Our jacuzzi waqs much needed after walking the sites of Rome. Location was fabulous and yes their were the street musicians and singers in the day and night but we found this added to the atmosphere and really enjoyed it. The windows did keep out the noise when time for sleep and what a comfortable bed to sleep on. I could go on with praise I really could. Will recommend the hotel and will stay there again. I would however based on my experience and other reviews only ever book the pantheon delux room. Thank you for making our holiday everything we could have wished for.

Room Tip: based on my experience and the other reviews i would recommend if you can afford to pay for the Pant...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
PantheonRoyalSuite, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Pantheon Royal Suite, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Dear Madam,

thank you so much for taking your time to write such a detailed review! All the Staff is really happy about your nice words and we really want to thank you.

Let me tell you that we are so glad to know that your experience in our structure has been positive and I guess we exceed your expectations.

We hope you will come back soon and see us again

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 October 2011

Agree with many of the previous reviews. Overpriced, breakfast terrible and the smallest and darkest room. Only the location is good. Also the recommendation I was given for dinner was rubbish (restaurant to left outside the hotel door). Keep away, far better places to stay in Rome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the square - but it might be noisy and it might be 'unavailable...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Christine C
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We stayed in this hotel for our 10th wedding anniversary, and it was perfect! We booked a Pantheon Deluxe room on their website and we had a wide, comfortable, modern and very clean room facing the square with the Pantheon. In the room there was also a jacuzzi under the bed. We really spent a pleasant time at this hotel and would be happy to come again. The staff is professional and very kind with all or request. Do not believe to previous reviews, they have many room types, just choose what you like better! Location is fantastic and the hotel was up to our expectations!! thank you guys

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
PantheonRoyalSuite, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Pantheon Royal Suite, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2011

Dear Guest,

thank you for spending your precious time for sharing your experience with us and all the other customer of tripadvisor.

we are glad to notify thet we exceed your expectations and staisfy you with your request.

reviews like yours make us proud and improve us to work harder and give to the customers our best.

we hope to see you again for a next stay,

looking forward to hearing from you,