“Luxurious”

Grand Hotel Via Veneto
Ranked #149 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 22 April 2013

From check in to check out we felt cosseted in luxury. We were upgraded to an amazing corner suite complete with fruit, chocolates and bubbles. We loved the style of the hotel (art deco) the furniture and decor was sumptuous and glamourously and on scale to the large rooms in both the public spaces and the rooms. We found that the size and glamour of the rooms almost inhibited us from exploring Rome itself, it really was a wrench to leave such special accommodation! We also enjoyed the restaurant for dinner, excellent staff, delicious food and wine, the sommelier was great at his job and the bar was great for cocktails.
Yes room service was expensive and the buffet breakfast wasn't fantastic (room service breakfast much better and you get to eat in your robe!) but this place isn't cheap - everything cones with all the trimmings - freshly made falafel and arranchini with cocktails for example.

Personally I'm hoping for a lotto win so I can move into a penthouse suite in this marvellous hotel in a beautiful street in an amazing city.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sallyw13
Ilaria L, Front Of House Manager at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay in Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Jumeirah. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that your suite lived up to your expectations
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Jumeirah, Rome. The only drawback from our stay was that the wireless internet in the room barely worked. It was quite frustrating at times; luckily we didn’t have any work to do so it wasn’t a major issue. Besides the wifi hiccup, everything else about the hotel was first rate.
- Gorgeous bathroom and amazing rain head shower
- Very Clean rooms
- Comfortable bed
- Extremely friendly concierge who went out of their way to help us secure tours and dinner reservations
- Fantastic bar that had one of the best vodka selections I’ve ever seen, plus the bartenders (particularly Diego and his counterpart whose name escapes me now) were more than friendly and almost acted as quasi concierges. I really must thank the two bartenders that waited on us.
- Check out was easy and quick, check in was a bit laborious but luckily there was no line so it was relatively painless.
- Beautiful gym and well maintained (only two treadmills so if it gets busy that could be an issue)
Overall if we return to Rome I can’t imagine staying anywhere else but the Jumeirah! I'd give it 4.5 stars but TA doesn't allow for half stars (they miss a half star bc of the wifi incident)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Ilaria L, Front Of House Maanger at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Jumeirah. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Our family of 5 have just returned from a weekend stay at the Jumeirah Hotel via Veneto, and our experience with the hotel is great.
The location is splendid, in upscale neighbourhood.
The rooms were spacious, clean and well designed. The staff at the reception, and in the breakfast restaurant were super efficient and friendly.
We would love to come back to this hotel for a future trip to this great city !

1  Thank Geir57
Ilaria L, Front of House Manager at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Jumeirah. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

This is a very good hotel in a good, central location. I stayed here with my family and phoned before arriving to check they had the rooms we wanted. The staff were exceptionally polite, helpful and efficient (this was also true throughout our stay). Everything was arranged exactly as I had requested upon our arrival. Everyone from the doorman, to the receptionists, the spa staff, etc., were all excellent. The rooms are large enough and perfectly well appointed, though most lack a view and those with a view can be noisy. I had requested quiet rooms, high up in the hotel to avoid this and these were provided. The only real downsides in the rooms were in the bathrooms - marble floors but fake wood plastic sheet walls, sealed at the corners with acrylic!?! What were they thinking?? Simple snags - like not one single hook in the bathroom for your robe or swimming gear, not even on the back of the door, and a really impossible ladder-style towel rail with gaps too narrow for anything which didn't help. The shower door leaked in one of our rooms and the curtain runners on the shower in the other room didn't work (partly broken), so the floor just got wet in both bathrooms and with no hooks the only place to put your gear was...on the wet floor?!? Not great planning. Even the bathroom fittings are pretty cranky - the shower fittings are all very flimsy plastic, so the shower head kept falling out and the soap tray dropped off all the time - not really what you expect in a 5-star hotel and not near as good as my bathroom at home. All this aside, the bedroom itself was good, good pillows, etc., even if the beds themselves are a bit too firm. My wife liked the saltwater pool in the spa and I liked the upstairs solarium even though it appeared to be completely unattended at all times. The hotel reception and bar are very nice, though drinks are as expensive as you would expect - indeed, all of the treatments and extras are pretty expensive (spa treatments start at around 100 euros and the tiny pack of Pringles in the room minibar is 6 euros). Breakfast is a definite no-no at 33 euros each when you can get an excellent breakfast only a short walk down the road for 5 to 10 euros a head. Nonetheless, this is a first class hotel with very good service in a great location and we enjoyed our stay even though the place falls just short of a true 5-star venue. Recommended, but watch out for the cost of the extras, you could get a very big bill here.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feed back on the Tripadvisor.
We do really appreciate your comment and regarding the small issues with the bathroom, be assured that we have passed your feedback to the competent departments to avoid a recurrence of the incident you have experienced.
I hope these shortfalls will not tarnish your overall impression of Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto and deter you from staying with us. It would be our privilege to welcome you back in the near future, giving us another opportunity to make sure you have a wonderful stay with us. I will personally take care of your future reservation by assuring you a special treatment,

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I had a very difficult time deciding on which Rome hotel to stay in. Every top end hotel seemed to have its pros and cons and none seemed perfect. Having just spent 5 nights (6 days) in Rome I have a much better feel for the lay of the land and I feel fortunate that we eventually chose The Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto. The Jumeirah is a boutique style hotel with very caring, attentive, individualized service. It was recently renovated a couple of years ago and became a Jumeirah brand some time since then. It is an Art Deco style hotel, clean, shiny, and spotless. Although, I typically like a more traditional look I found everything about the lobby, public areas, and rooms very pleasing. We truly enjoyed everything about The Jumeirah and would definitely stay there again without hesitation.
Having read prior comments on TA, I expected an excruciating slow check in. Even after a long day of travel I did not find that the check in was unreasonably slow. When you arrive, you are seated at a check in desk and offered coffee or water. A reception person does the check in and merely covers everything for accuracy so that their understanding of your rooms and room charges are in synch with your expectations.
The room choices were exactly what we had hoped for. We were traveling with our 21 year old daughter, and chose two connecting Deluxe Via Veneto View rooms and had rooms 405 and 406. The rooms varied slightly in that 405 had a smaller bathroom and less room furniture and more built-ins. Had my husband and I been traveling alone, we would not have been as happy in 405 as we would have wanted the larger bathroom, desk, and traditional bureaus, but for the 3 of us our connecting rooms were PERFECT!
What really stands out is the quality and incredible responsiveness of the staff in EVERY department! There is obviously excellent training and it permeates the entire hotel. I travel all over the world and this level of service is only seen in true 5 star hotels.
With respect to some comments I have seen here, I find some of them not compelling when the service and accommodations are of as good quality as we experienced. Would it have been nice to have a Nespresso machine in the room? Yes. But I ordered coffee and orange juice nightly and it arrived promptly at the time I required. My husband went to the breakfast every morning and brought me extra cups of coffee to the room when he returned. I never saw the breakfast but he said it was fine (not fabulous) but you need to remember that Romans are not breakfast people. They drink strong coffee in the morning then have big lunches mid-day. So it is not surprising that the breakfast is only at the acceptable level. And as for the comment about the iron, it may be the hotel has concerns about burns on all the lacquer furniture - there are limited surfaces that one would be able to iron on. So that may be the reason.
For us the compelling issue in where we stay is individualized service, room quality and comfort, and location. Special mention should also go to the Lifestyle staff (concierge service) who were fabulously responsive via email before our visit and their follow through was perfect. And a special mention goes to Silvio, the front doorman, who was absolutely adorable, welcoming and attentive.
I did ask for the bill to be printed the night before so I could check it for any problems. They were two mini bar items charged to one of our rooms that were not ours, and they were removed promptly. So in the morning, our departure was prompt and accurate.
Thank you to everyone in The Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto. We hope to see you again one day!

Room Tip: As mentioned in our review, for two connecting rooms 405 and 406 were excellent. Read review for the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Ilaria L, Front Of House Manager at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Jumeirah. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that your deluxe room lived up to your expectations. We are also pleased to know that you enjoyed the service provided by our colleagues .

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We recently stayed here for 3 nights and the hotel was superb in every department. The hotel is situated on a street with several other 5 star hotels and is just round the corner from the hard rock cafe which was a good option for a few drinks in the evening. The staff were excellent and the hotel was about 10 minutes from the main train station. The spa facilities were superb and the bar was really nice with all staff very helpfull and polite. It was a bit pricey for drinks but nowhere near as expensive as Paris so all in all it was very good value. The surrounding area was really nice the American embassy was a few doors down so it felt like a safe area to walk around at night.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Ilaria L, Front Of House Manager at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Jumeirah. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that the SPA lived up to your expectations

Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stayed the the Jumeirah Hotel for 6 nights
we had amazing service !
My wife left her glasses in a taxi - the Hotel ( Sil ) tracked down the cabbie and had the glasses returned to the hotel .

they recommend some local restaurants, that were affordable and the service was amazing.

5 stars !!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sixpack65
Ilaria L, Front Of House Manager at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013