“Can't get much better than this”

Grand Hotel Via Veneto
Ranked #149 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is one of the most tastefully designed and beautifully furnished hotel I've stayed in. The room gave us a sense of comfort, and our stay there felt restful. The service was impeccable, from the doorman, front desk, "lifestyle dept" (a.k.a. concierge), chambermaid...the staff were warm and friendly. They spoke excellent English, and our requests were met readily.

The location of the hotel is quite good. With a 10-15min leisurely walk, one could get to the Spanish Steps. We realised also that the bus services were easy to use (esp with a day pass) and could take us to many places which we otherwise might not have visited.

2  Thank cheers17
Ilaria L, Front of House Manager at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay with us. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey. We are pleased to hear your kind words on our facility and our staff which made your stay special and restful. We do think it is important for our guests to feel at home and at ease during their stay in our hotel. I will share your feedback with our collagues and I am certain that we will be overwhelmed to read that their efforts are so well appreciated.
It would be our privilege to welcome you back in the near future in our hotel.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for your future reservations,
Kindest regards

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed at the Jumeirah Grand Hotel in Nov. 2013 after a 14 day cruise with my party of 9 adults. We had a outstanding experience and not only will I stay there again, I will seek out the Jumeirah brand anytime I travel from now on. The spacious, comfortable, well decorated rooms were a welcome change from the small cramped quarters of a cruise ship. The service was exemplary. I had communicated with the hotel prior to our trip to let them know we would be arriving prior to normal check in time to make sure we could leave our luggage until check in time. While they couldn't obviously guarantee an early check in, they said they would try, which was more than expected. Sure enough, when we arrived we were very fortunate that they were able to arrange the early check in, (I should include we were staying during the off season and in the middle of the week). They were expecting us upon arrival and immediately greeted the whole group with complimentary coffee or tea. Check in was a breeze and the accommodations were very spacious and comfortable (again). The staff were very attentive. It was the perfect way to end our vacation in Rome. I highly recommend the Jumeirah Grand as an excellent place to stay when in Rome.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CrystalBlue_10

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay with us. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey. We are pleased to hear your kind words on our facility and our staff. We feel it is important for our guests to feel at home and ease during their stay in our hotel. I will share your feedback with our colleagues and I am certain that we will be overwhelmed to read that their efforts are so well appreciated.
It would be our privilege to welcome you back in the near future in our hotel.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed for 3 nights at the beginning of November and it was a perfect stay, On arrival to the hotel all the staff were very friendly and polite and all spoke very good english, because it was our first time in Rome the check in staff gave us a city map and pointed out everything we needed to no about the city from the nearest tube point to the best area to get a great view over the city.

The room itself was very spacious and well furnished with a very comfortable queen size bed, when i booked this hotel i did see some review saying the interior was dated and didn't deserve a 5 star rating but i think that is complete rubbish, i can't make one complained about our room or the hotel, everything was keep clean. In my eyes it was def a 5 star hotel. Because on my trip and had a lot of trips booked in Rome i didn't have the time to look at the Spa or Roof bar so i can't comment on them but i did use the downstairs bar on my last day while waiting for my taxi to the airport, it was very nice and was given some nibbles with are drinks which was nice, the drinks were slightly expensive but like most 5 star hotels you always expect that and am sure if i went to a bar down the road it would be the same because its an expensive area so i wasn't bovvered.

I had booked the hotel as a surprise trip for my girlfriend for her birthday which the hotel staff noticed when we checked in and on arrival back to our room on her birthday their was a cake waiting for her from the hotel staff which was very kind of them

One thing i was slightly worried about booking this hotel was it the location but i shouldn't of worried it was in the best location in Rome, It was just the perfect distance to get away from the busy centre of Rome but wasn't to far away to feel isolated, Their is a taxi rank on the next street down but we mainly used the Tube with Barberini a 5-10 min walk from the hotel or Spagna a 10-15 min walk both routes were well lighten so was never worried walking about when i was dark also all the self serve ticket machines have a english mode which was a huge help as my Italian isn't very good. Also the hotel is very close to Villa Borghese park which i would recommend people to have a walk around.

So overall we had a lovely stay at Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto and will make sure we stay at this hotel again when we return to Rome! Thanks you Jumeirah

Adam & Carly

1  Thank Adam M

Dear Adam & Carly,

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel via Veneto, what a pleasure to hear back from you! Thank you so much for the wonderful words towards us, we all hope that you had a pleasant
return journey. We are happy to read that you enjoyed in your stay with us and the facility and the rooms were up to your expectations. It gives us great pleasure to read that our staff assisted you in making your stay with us as memorable as possible given the special occasion. It is important that our guests feel they are at home. I will share your feedback with our colleagues and I am certain that we will overwhelmed to read that their efforts are so well appreciated.
It would be our privilege to welcome you back in the near future at our hotel.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Spent four nights here in June 2013. The modern, quiet rooms are nicely renovated with very comfortable beds. Breakfast buffet is average and we didnt eat at the restaurants otherwise. Service is friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank amiqsf

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review o the Tripadvisor and for have chosen the Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto for your stay in Rome. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey. We are happy to read that you enjoyed in your stay with us and the service was up to your expectations. It would be our privilege to welcome you back in the near future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for your future reservations.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Just checked out after a three day weekend and the service was 5 star! The rooms and furnishings were beautiful. We had dinner at the restaurant because AMEX gave us a credit as the hotel is part of their FHR program. Don't eat there unless you have to, because it is mediocre at best. I ordered the fusilli and it was one of the few times in my life I have ever sent a meal back. I am not a picky eater and it was inedible. My girlfriend could also not eat it and her meal was average at best. The service in the restaurant was however excellent.

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay in Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Jumeirah. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that your suite lived up to your expectations. We are also pleased to know that you enjoyed the location: La Dolce Vita Street, which always keeps its magic, the service provided by our colleagues and the excellent quality of the Italian food especially in the breakfast buffet enjoyed.
We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.
Regarding the small issue at the Restaurant please be assured that I have passed your feedback to the competent department to avoid a recurrence of the incident you have experienced.
I hope these shortfalls will not tarnish your overall impression of Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto and deter you from staying with us. It would be our privilege to welcome you back in the near future, giving us another opportunity to make sure you have a wonderful stay with us. I will personally take care of your future reservation by assuring you a special treatment,
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Jumeirah Grand hotel Via Veneto.
Meanwhile please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.

Yours Sincerely,
Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The hotel exceeded our expectations. Room rates were reasonable for such a genuine luxury property, and given the facility of an extra bed per room for our children. The location is unbeatable, next to 'old glory' Doney in the middle of dolce vita, across from Harry's bar, the beds were comfortable, the rooms were nicely renovated, spacious, really quiet, the bathrooms were very comfortable and staff was genuinely friendly, also to the kids, and totally helpful (without soliciting tips). The only little minus point is that breakfast was not cheap. Same holds for room service.. Internet was included (and fast enough. All in all, we loved it and, when in Rome again, we will go out of our way to stay here again.

Room Tip: For a third bed, choose room 112, 212, 312 etc
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LuAnton
Ilaria L, Front Of House Manager at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Jumeirah Grand Hotel via Veneto. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay with us. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed in your stay with us and the facility and the rooms were up to your expectations. We are pleased to know that the staff was helpful during your stay and made you feel at ease. We feel it is important for our guests to feel at home. We are sorry to hear you had some concerns with breakfast. Our prices are well up to similar facilities located into the famous historical road where we are, if not even better. It would be our privilege to welcome you back in the near future.
Kind Regards
Front Of House Manager

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We were relocated here late at night after we fell victim to a room scam at the Berg Luxury Hotel nearby. We turned up to find they had 'overbooked' and we were offered a sub standard alternative hotel. This is something of a regular occurrence so avoid at all costs. Expedia relocated us to the Jumeirah and we are so very glad they did. The staff were fantastic. After all the hassle and poor service at the Berg we arrived at midnight to find staff who could not do enough for us and we were upgraded to a beautiful spacious room. We spent four days here enjoying close proximity to the beautiful villa borghese park, and easy access to the main sites. Thank you to Jumeirah for saving our special holiday. Strongly recommend this as the ideal luxury break in Rome.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank competentcrew

Dear Guest,
We are happy to read that you enjoyed in your stay with us and the facility and the rooms were up to your expectations. We are also pleased to read that your trip in Italy was as memorable as you had originally planned and we contributed to it. It would be our privilege to welcome you back in the near future.
Front Of House Manager