“Excellent location”

Ranked #123 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Wolverhampton
“Excellent location”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

One of the best things about this hotel was its location on an elegant, tree lined avenue with many other quality hotels and restaurants. The location was also central to all other places of interest, without being in the middle of the hustle and bustle, and most destinations were only a 15 minute walk or short taxi ride. The check in staff and concierge were helpful and pleasant. Our room was stylish, decorated in deep warm colours with a soft carpet, and always smelled of roses after the room had been made up. We only ate breakfast once during our four night stay. Although there was a good range available on the buffet and a wide choice of hot selections, we preferred just to have a coffee at the bar and begin our day. The door staff always gave us a warm welcome whenever we returned. We stayed at Christmas and the hotel left a small gift of a teddy bear and panettone on my pillow on Christmas Eve and this was a lovely, friendly touch. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Louise J
Ilaria L, Hotel Manager at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto during your recent visit in Rome and for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are happy to read that your stay was up to your expectations and the accomodation, the hotel services, made you feel "pampered" and like home. I will share the comments with my staff and I am certain that they will be delighted to read that their efforts are so well appreciated.
Kind regards,
Ilaria Lucani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oxford
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed here with my family for three nights in Feb 2014.
All in all it was a wonderful relaxing stay in a very comfortable room with plenty of room for the three of us.
On the plus side: The hotel is well equipped, the staff are very attentive, polite and professional and always on hand to help with a smile. The room and large bathroom were spotlessly clean and well equipped. The hotel was admittedly fairly empty but the room was astonishingly quiet. We did not have a view (the windows looked out onto fairly drab neighbouring apartments but in all honesty this was not an issue as this assured our peace and quiet. The bath/shower, loo and bathroom amenities were very modern and in good order with smart marble floor and tiles. The second bed for our teenage son was comfortable and adequate for someone on the tall side.
On the negative side: I personally found the mattress to be far too hard and the pillows far too soft but I guess that is just a matter of personal preference! Drinks and food were very expensive but, having dined out across Rome we discovered this to be universal across the city. Breakfast in the hotel was €33 per head (!) but after paying €20 for two coffees and an OJ in a café down the road we realised this was the going rate.
Fabulous hotel, great city, just take plenty of money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KLaser
Ilaria L, Front Of House Manager at Grand Hotel Via Veneto, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto during your recent visit in Rome and for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel facility and our staff was helpful in assisting you during your stay. In particular the room given was up to your expectations. We do apologize if you did not sleep well into the beds but please rest assured that I have passed your feed back to the concerned departments in order to take action if required.
We do invite to visit our hotel once again in order to assure you a memorable stay with us by giving you a very special treatment: please do not hesitate to contact me personally for your future booking.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon here, I send you my
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I´m just writing here because I did field the survey from the hotel, but as I didn´t get any answer back, I decided to try here.
This is a nice hotel, to expensive for what it offers. Nice room, nice bathroom, eveything was perfect until the first morning, the breakfast was poor for a 5 star hotel, 2 kinds of bread, some cereals, ham cheese, and some fruits and that´s was it, in the very final day of our trip, we had just one kind of bread, and some butter, I don´t know if it was because we went down at 7 in the morning (too early maybe) but if they announce brakfast from 7 they should be ready for it. At 7:30 everything started to arrive, but it was too late we were living at that time.
I think it´s the worst concierge I´ve ever seen, I´ve asked for 2 specific restaurants in town, and for my surprise they gave me wrong adresses for both of them, after a while and spending much more money in taxis than a should I found myself in town and got it right. They call me a cab and never told me taxis charge for it, so at the end of my taxi ride I didn´t know if I was being cheated by the taxi driver or if I had to pay, it´s not about money but they should gests know about it.
When I was living, I told everithing at the check out, they just said we are sorry and thank you for your stay. For a Jumeirah and a 5 star hotel I was expecting some explanations and considerations, but didn´t get at the time, and not even when I field the survey. TOO BAD!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rodrigo S
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto during your recent visit in Rome and for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was deeply concerned to read that your stay was less than perfect and I deeply regret any inconvenience caused to you. I would like to reassure you that the food we serve is perfectly in line with the service offered in other hotels nearby and of the same category keeping into account how culinary traditions are well routed in Rome. Maybe you didn’t see our menu on the table where we do invite our guests to order cooked eggs, sausages and bacon which are not on the buffet but always included in the breakfast price. Always in the Breakfast Menu you can see the Full English Breakfast option and many other food choices available.

On this particular occasion, your experience was well below the standards of quality and service we strive to achieve. I have discussed the matters you so kindly brought to my attention with the department heads concerned in an effort to prevent such shortfalls from recurring in the future; in example the misunderstanding with our concierge.

I sincerely regret the inconveniences caused to you and I do hope that you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, thus enabling us to restore your confidence towards Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto. For any future bookings I would be most grateful if you could share with me your needs and preferences prior to your arrival and during your stay so that we can ensure your vacation with us will be as comfortable as possible. Once again, please accept my apology together with my thanks and appreciation for your feedback and continued patronage.

Kind Regards
New York
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayted at the Hotel over New Year's Eve, and were happy with the service, the room and the location. The front desk was helpful, efficient and friendly, the bell captains were all great and although we only made use of the concierge on our last night, we found them equally professional and helpful. One of our bags disappeared into Alitalia purgatory, and the hotel staff was quite good about getting it to us later on the day we arrived.

Our room was large, clean and quiet, the beds were a bit soft but perfectly acceptable, the bathroom was very well appointed and refurbished during our stay, the lobby and the lounge were quite comfortable (although we did not hang out on New Year's eve, where a DJ set up shop for the evening). We really liked the bartender who proved quite informed about wine, especially the wines from southern Italy. We did not eat at the hotel, and took our breakfasts outside at one of the cafes just up the street. Because it was the dead of winter we couldn't see the roof garden, but imagine that in the warmer months that is a nice place to sit. The location can't be beat - the spanish steps are a short walk away and much of central Rome is too. We would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim B
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto during your recent visit in Rome and for taking the time to share our feedback on Trip Advisor. We value our guests’ opinions and we feel that it is important to listen to their suggestions. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreciated not only the facility but also the assistance of our staff. I will share your comment with them and I am certain that they will be happy to know that their efforts are appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you soon again and this time you will be able to taste and the experience the flavors of our Restaurant Magnolia.
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights. The hotel is fine with an impressive art deco reception area the rooms are large and well equipped but a few things let the experience down somewhat. The lift from reception makes large bangs which is disconcerting, the draw in the desk in our room opened of its own accord and you had to wedge a chair against it and the shower/bath leaked onto the floor which made it very slippery. The beds are very comfortable though and the windows are exceptional at keeping out the street noice so sleep quality was excellent Overall not a bad hotel for €350 a night but some attention to detail is required.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto during your recent visit in Rome and for taking the time to share our feedback on Trip Advisor. I was concerned to read that you experienced some minor shortfalls. I do apologize for these inconveniences. We will make sure that these episodes will never happen again. Please accept our invitation to visit our hotel once again. It will be a pleasure to welcome you here and make sure you enjoy a 5 star hotel experience. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 February 2014

just stayed here for a week. (February 2014) SAVE YOUR MONEY great location But
for almost $500 a night the room was smaller then the lavatory on my flight over.
One bar of soap to take back and forth from sink to shower all week.
Air controls in the room? non existent.
Sheets were as scratchy as a dog with fleas.
One day shower cap, one day none
Still looking for the hair dryer....Where was it? is there a hiding place for it?

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto during your recent visit in Rome and for taking the time to share our feedback on trip advisor. I was deeply concerned to read that your stay was less than perfect and deeply regret any inconvenience caused to you. I am sorry that you didn't notice anything during your stay as I would have been more than happy to give a full assistance. Kindly note that all our rooms have a generous size and they are fully equipped. The soaps are replaced daily from our housekeeping department if empty, if you need additional items you can call us and we deliver all you need. Regarding the "hidden places" we are most than welcome to assist you 24 hours: if you call our front desk we can "reveal" you all our facilities. (In exemple the air dryer which is located into your closet.) Please be informed that it would be our privilege to welcome you back in the near future, giving us another opportunity to make sure you have a wonderful stay with us. I will personally take care of your future reservation by assuring you a special treatment, We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto. Meanwhile please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.
Kind Regards
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

A really nice hotel. The room was great. The staff were super helpful. The bar was expensive but they made a great cocktail. Breakfast was very good and we also ate had a very nice lunch there. The location was in a very safe part of Rome.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NickyJos135
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Jumeirah Grand Hotel Via Veneto during your recent visit in Rome and for taking the time to share our feedback on Trip Advisor. We value our guests’ opinions. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreciated the food offered.
We look forward to welcoming you soon again.