“Just great, great, great and well, great!”
Review of Hotel Villa Duse

Hotel Villa Duse
Ranked #188 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
perugia, italy
“Just great, great, great and well, great!”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

OK. So this is NOT your Rome city center hotel. It is a http://www.charmerelax.com/ recommended hotel and that already says allot.

Service.

We went here to celebrate my wife's birthday. In my reservation, done on booking.com, I asked for some recommendations for restaurants and I asked them if there was anything that they could do to help me make the stay special. In less than 1 hour after I made the reservation I got a list of restaurants with links to their webpage and distance from the hotel indicated and their judgment of the restaurants. As for the something special they also gave me some options. I picked the champagne and fresh fruit. As for the restaurant I reserved a table at All'Oro a gourmet restaurant (Michelin 1 star) indicated in their list of restaurants. Great.

We get there and the room is great and there is the champagne and fruit laid out. The front desk staff proceed to call up the restaurant to remind them that my wife is pregnant and to make sure that the menu will not include things that she cannot eat. They also move the reservation back 1/2 hour. Great.

Location.
Quiet serene hotel in the wonderful residential area of Parioli. With our restaurant literally 2 minutes walking distance from the hotel and our ability to park the car basically in front of the hotel what can I say but ... Great.

Room.
The room is wonderful and quiet and the bed/pillows are super comfy. The bathroom is large and the bathtub is just waiting for a bubble bath. Great.

Breakfast.
The breakfast in the morning is not too much and not too little - just right. There are fresh cakes (about 6) and fresh croissants as well as a quiche and some sliced deli meets, juice, yogurts, cereals and a fresh fruit salad. Great.

Room Tip: I would go up. Ask for rooms that are on the top floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank shinjodenn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Greek first
Bathgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Just back from spending a brilliant 5 days in Rome and I've got to say the hotel villa duse played a big part.

Everything about the hotel was excellent but a special mention must be paid to the staff. I've never met as friendly and helpful a team as this. Nothing was ever too much trouble and they were always on hand with advice.

The tower lodge was a beautiful room and the balcony was perfect to relax in the sun or for a quiet romantic dinner in. The meal we got was also excellent, beautifully presented and great value vs what we recieved in town.

It is a bit outside the centre but that just means you get peace and quiet in a very safe neighbourhood. The walk to town wasn't bad as the villa borghese is a beautiful park to walk through and its really easy to find.

I really would recommend this hotel as my fiancee and I thought it was perfect and again I can't speak highly enough of the fantastic people who work hard to make it so.

Thanks for a helping make it a wonderful experience for us both.

Room Tip: The balcony on the tower lodge makes for a really romantic dinner in at the end of a big day sightse...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank loulee1
Leuchars, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I'm new to tripadvisor but wanted to write a review about the hotel even thought I spent my honeymoon there last May 2011.

The Hotel was fantastic starting with the staff who were extremely helpful from the minute we arrived. As for the rooms they lived up to all the pictures we had seen and the beds were ridiculously comfy, the bathroom had a powerful shower and a nice big tub to soak in.

The one thing about this hotel is it is a little out the way but I would not let this put you off as it is only a short bus ride or if like me and my wife you like to walk, it is nice to walk through the park each day to the Spanish steps (helps to account for all the wonderful food Rome has to offer)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2012

A serene and gracious hotel in Parioli, a fine residential area in Rome. Excellent local restaurants serve discriminating Italians. Staff are service oriented. Our room was large and comfortable. True, it's a bit of a trek from the sights, but that's the price to pay for calm and seclusion.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank loveinmytummy
Sweden
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We went here after our wedding, and it was just a perfect getaway. Our room was a bit small, but very nice. Brilliant service, without beeing pushy. Location is in a very nice area. It is just short taxi/bus ride to the center. When you live at Villa Duse you will have plenty of eating options. I love Italian food, I we found at least 3 restaurants nearby that served perfect food, and at a good price.

Will go here again soon I hope, loved it

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David_swe
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This is a special, tasteful boutique hotel. On recent trip to Rome, I stayed 4nights in central Rome and 3 nights at Villa Duse. Both were excellent but the winner was Villa Duse. Location was no drawback as bus line was right outside the hotel and 20 minute commute to Termini station. After Central Rome, I enjoyed the quieter Parioli area and adjacent Quartier Coppeda area with easy access to Borghese park. Hotel had great breakfast, warm & well trained employees and special design touches throughout the hotel and in the outdoor courtyard. It was evident to me the owner has great pride in this hotel and we look forward to a return visit. Nearby All'Ora restaurant is a one star Michelin restaurant not to be missed.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank brattebo
San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 January 2012

The hotel rooms were very well functional and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were extremely helpful and polite. Breakfast was poor. Location was not central. But I generally liked this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011