“A lovely romantic break in Rome!!”
Review of Hotel Villa Duse

Hotel Villa Duse
Ranked #209 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is a lovely hotel outside the hustle and bustle of central Rome. What it loses in access to the city (a taxi, bus ride or long walk away) is more than made up for by its quiet, peaceful location - excellent after a day's sightseeing. The staff made us more than welcome - both Julia and Valentina in reception could not do more for us by giving us excellent advice, booking a Vatican tour, suggesting local restaurants(don't miss the Spaghetti de Vognole - clam sauce - or th fish at Restaurant Rossini!), arranging taxis and generally helping us with all the annoying needs of the bewildered tourist. The room was immaculate and comfortable - and exceptionally quiet. We had the best romantic short break we have ever experienced and hope to return in the not too distant future! Thank you all at Hotel Villa Duse. We had a fantastic holiday!! David and Justina. P.S I found my sunglasses case in my suitcase - sorry!!

Room Tip: We had the Library Junior Suite - a lttle more expensive but very romantic for couples.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. The rooms are very clean with comfortable beds. We were on the first floor, but it was still very quiet at night. The bathroom was clean with a strong shower and Etro toilettries. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We had breakfast included in our rate, which helped. The neighborhood the hotel is in is very residential and quiet. Having breakfast at the hotel was more convient instead of walking around every morning finding a place to eat. My only complaint, was the location of the hotel. It is outside the city center on a very hard to find street. The bus stop to the city center is close, but takes time. Taking a cab cost around 10 euros. The staff was helping calling a cab for us.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2012

first the great things:

super, super comfy bed
brilliant, powerful shower
beautifully decorated room
very quiet
super hospitable, super helpful staff (see notable exception below)
very nice breakfast - great tarts/quiche and lots of cakes!

points to note:

I am a luddite and therefore did not know how to turn the TV on, as i wasn't instructed by the otherwise totally lovely Julia, had to fiddle around for 3/4 minutes until my wife turned it on in 10 seconds
the sun parasols in the garden are really dirty - please clean them
when we were told by Julia where to get the 52 bus/19 tram we were advised the stops were in the same place - they were not - and when we told her she mentioned she'd never got the tram.
To the owners - one of the issues a lot of people mention is that the hotel is far out of town - it was fine for us - send your staff to the bus & tram stops so they know where they are/ how far they are

These are not big issues at all and didn't deflect our really lovely stay. what did was the man on reception on Monday morning - i went to check out and he just looked at me, no morning sir, how was your stay, how can i help you. "I would like to check out", "you need to pay city tax" in a very grumpy way, then didn't say a word to me (not a word) whilst i stood there, not sure what he was doing. APPALLING service - the other girls were amazing. This man let the hotel down, which lost the 5th star. Him aside I would definitely recommend the hotel - 8 or so min taxi ride from centre of town and only 10 euros. This was the morning of Monday 7th May.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GlobalStu
duseduse, Proprietario at Hotel Villa Duse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear Guest,

my answer starts thanking you for the time you spent on Tripadvisor leaving memories, suggestions and impressions of our hotel, since your comments are more than precious to us.

First of all, I do apologize for the bad experience upon your check out: I have personnaly spoken with our night shift reception agent, trying to clarify what happened , and I have explained him that all our efforts are made in order to meet our Guests' expectations concerning service quality. We believe that ,as your comments confim, a smiling and friendly front desk agent,
which assists you with pleasure during your holiday, can make the difference between a simple holiday and a beautiful experience to remember.
We completely understand your position and we assure you that will pay attention for not repeating such errors.
Also, Giulia has been very sorry when realized that her information about transportation were incomplete: she has now personnaly experienced (as well as other reception staff mebembers) how to get to the city center by public transportation : in the future we will give more detailed and correct indications to our Guests.
Concerning sun umbrellas in the garden, we agree with your remark and we have immediately provided to program their cleaning next week.
We are reviewing also how to give indications about how to use TV and satellite channels and we will pay more attention in a correct demostration of Tv functions upon check-in.
Once again, I do apologize for the inconvenients occurred during your stay: I really wish you will give us the opportunity to welcoming you again in the next future at Villa Duse.

Maria Rosaria Mastroianni
Managing Director
Hotel Villa Duse

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed at Hotel Villa Duse for three nights in April, and loved the hotel and surrounding area. The staff were very knowledgeable about the city and provided helpful, friendly advice to answer all our questions about Rome and its key sights.

The hotel itself is situated on a leafy street in the upmarket residential area of Parioli, a welcome break from the busy city centre. The beautiful garden offers a relaxing haven to enjoy a glass of wine at the end of a hectic day's sightseeing.

Our room was spotlessly clean and immaculately presented, with a little outdoor seating area and a great bathroom.

Parioli is home to some excellent restaurants and has decent bus and tram connections, making it relatively easy to get around the city. For us, the experience of a tranquil hotel with no traffic noise at night far outweighed any negatives around the need to get a bus or taxi there from town.

Thanks Hotel Villa Duse! We had a lovely stay and hope to see you again.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I have only three words to describe the hotel and service, 'Amazing,Magical and Beautiful'. I can not fault or have any negative comments to describe the hotel and service in anyway. They were very friendly and we felt very secure and I was able to trust the staff. The staff ( shall I say my new friends) were amazing, helping me with all sorts of questions I had. I was there for the weekend to propose to my partner, the staff helped me with everything from the pick up, candles,flowers and dinner. I have be in constant contact with them since November and the number of emails I have sent to them we could of made a book, but with every question I had they has a response. The Hotel atmosphere is lovely and you feel very relaxed. The location is not too far from the City. Villa Duse is situated 10 minutes from the local park Villa Borghese, which leads into the town city centre. The park is beautiful and it is very pleasant walk.

I will be returning next year and many more years to come. My partner and I will be sending our parents too.

Thank you Villa Duse for making the trip/proposal very magical and a memory that will last for a life time.

Thank you for everything.

Room Tip: The hotel is fantastic and so are the room. We stayed in Room 16, which has its own private lift. Th...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amardeep D
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My father and I stayed at the Villa Duse 4/19/12-4/23/12. My father is an airline pilot and we have had the opportunity to travel all over the world. I must say that the Hotel Villa Duse met our every expectation. The hotel is a smaller boutique hotel, however, the amenities and accomodations are first class. The staff was extremely helpful and gave us tips and suggestions that absolutely made our trip. Unlike other hotels we have stayed in Europe the room had ample electrical outlets. Very comfortable beds and well lit. The hotel was situated right off a quite little street and never did we deal with any noise issues. Additionally we found that there was a main bus stop just on the corner that allowed us to zip to the central terminal and then get anywhere we wanted. We were able to purchase metro passes right in the hotel and it made navigating the city a breeze.

Thank You to the staff of the hotel I can say we truly would have missed the "heart" of Rome without your assistance!!!

Jason & Mark Swint

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Swipple
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Situated in the Parioli district, Hotel Villa Duse is 15mins on the 360 bus to Termini Stazionie. We did not find this too much of an inconvenience as we accepted the trade off between proximity to the center and the peace and quiet which we had at the hotel.Call reception and they will check on line and let you know in real time when the next bus is due! The hotel is really comfortable and clean and oozes Italian charm. There is free wi-fi in the rooms. The staff are all well trained and the front desk staff incredibly helpful and accomodating. Breakfast is really good, there is an a la carte menu for eggs etc if you do not want the carb fest of cakes, fruit, cereal, bread rolls and croissants (there is ham, salami, cheese and yogurt as protein options) which make up the buffet breakfast. Just be aware that if breakfast is included in the room rate it refers to the buffet not the a la carte options. Would definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple