Hotel Villa Duse
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate gardenparioli areatower roomcentre of romequiet neighborhoodminute walklovely hotelthe penthousepublic transportsky tvnight's sleepmarble bathroomthe staff were extremely helpfulbus stoppiazza del popoloyogurtrestaurants and shops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Me and my boyfirned stayed here in April 2013. We had such a wonderful time at this hotel and in Rome. This was a surprise booking for my boyfriends birthday. We had champagne and nibbles in our room when we arrived. Our room was absolutely beautiful. The staff were so helpful and lovely to talk to. We loved the local restaurants they were so romantic and traditional. I would absolutely love to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emca32
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The silence and convenience is this hotel. Remarkable and attentive personnel. Excellent, comfortable numbers. Excellent breakfast. Green territory. Stop of public transport nearby, it is a little far from the center. From the station one bus 360 MUSE goes. I love this hotel and I will surely return to it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank tasa1972
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This was my fourth visit to Rome. I've never stayed over a week, but feel as if I have gotten a reasonable feel for "tourist Rome". Therefore, this time we decided to stay outside of the standard areas people stay to see this marvelous city. I'm glad we did as it showed us an entirely different side of the eternal city. Previously, I have run around to see all the sights and returned to a hotel that is immersed in the hectic combination of tourists and locals. Villa Duse gives you the sense of a lovely home in an upscale neighborhood with many restaurants for Romans, not tourists. The rooms are nice, the air conditioning works well, the bathroom great and the common areas very nice in the style of a villa, not an international business hotel. The daughter oof the owner that works in the morning is charming and helpful. The breakfast is more than adequate and if it had not had thunderstorms we would certainly have utilized the inviting terrace. My only complaint was that for my taste, the king bed in room 9 was too soft. I also would have liked a box of Kleenex type tissue (a very minor comment). There are many excellent restaurants within a 15 minute walk including SM'all, Molto and Taverna Rossini (also Pescehria Rossini). Now for the biggest problem with the hotel, which has nothing to do with the hotel. The bus 360 is completely unreliable. The tram 19 is not bad, but to get to it, you must either walk up or down the hill (depending if you are coming or going) or take the 360. We waited 40 minutes one day to take the 360 up the hill, and 30 min to take it down the hill. One day it took nearly two hours to take the 360 (which never came), 19 and 2 trams to Piazza del popollo. Sooo... My advice is that if this is your first or maybe second visit to rome, stay in a more central location and get all of your tourist business out of the way. Later, when you don't need to rush to see the forum, coliseum, museums, etc all on one day, come to this delightful hotel and begin to enjoy Rome the way it should be enjoyed. I will certainly book here again in the future. One other tip. The hotel uses a system to alert the housekeeping whether you are in the room. It is based on whether the card that provides electricity to the room is in its slot. We always get two cards so that in places with excessive heat we can have a cool room when we arrive or charge our computers, However, if you leave the card in the wall, they will not make up the room... Fortunately, they were very nice and gave us fresh towels when we returned at 7:30pm. Still a word to the wise...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aagourmet
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

This is certainly a super value for money hotel in quiet residential area. We stayed in the tower which was perfect with own terrace which unfortunately we did not have time or weather to use. So peaceful at night and if you close the electric blinds you forget to wake up. Good continental breakfast with everything you would expect. The trade off of the peace and value is the cost to get into the centre which if you use taxis averaged 15 euros which if you go site seeing during the day then back again for the evening starts to add up. Although there are restaurants within 10 mins walk if you are happy to stay local at night. Would use again.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Sh1951
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I cannot even begin to describe this beautiful villa in the Parioli section of Italy. I read every review before booking this "five star hotel" and knew it was a little walking distance to the bus and to other forms of transportation. I want to encourage you to book here if you are not afraid of walking. We would walk down to the Spanish steps every day. We took the route that brought us past all the leather shops and then headed down the Spanish Steps. The receptionist at the front desk of the Villa Duse was more than helpful in providing us with maps and suggestions. We even walked to the Vatican. Now some of you may not be up to that much walking, but you can always grab a taxi that will provide adequate transportation for a minimum amount. I would also suggest contacting the hotel before flying into Rome so they can suggest their service to pick you up from the airport. We used this service to take us back to the airport, but wished we had known about the service when we flew in. It will cost you some money, but either way you are paying for the fare, and the service the hotel recommends is a much better service. We also booked a room that had a private terrace - worth the extra amount of money. After a long day of sightseeing, we could come back to the villa and use the terrace every afternoon. Their breakfast is delicious and all the pastries are worth sampling - especially is you are walking so much everyday to burn off the extra calories. We plan to come back again and even ask for the same room we had this time. There is nothing lacking in this hotel and you will not be disappointed at all.

Room Tip: We booked the first room by the reception area. We had our own private garden terrace and their were an extra set of doors to shut out any excess noise that might come with being near the front desk.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple