“A few small issues doesn't stop this from being a really good hotel.”
Review of Trevi 41 Hotel

Trevi 41 Hotel
Ranked #92 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
GreenLeadersBronze level
Melbourne, Australia
“A few small issues doesn't stop this from being a really good hotel.”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I booked this hotel for 3 nights, it was pretty cheap compared to others around it and a great location. Within walking distance of virtually every ancient roman landmark and heaps of restaurants and shops nearby. The staff were super helpful and polite with everything and even upgraded my room because it was my birthday. The staff alone would get 5 stars from me. The guy who works at night also paid for my cab because I thought I had 50 euro more than I did and said I could pay it back the next day.

The rooms were kinda small but didn't feel cramped and were perfectly fine for what I needed. Dark curtains and a huge comfy bed were a plus. Also some of the comfiest pillows I've felt.
The shower unfortunately was pretty awful. It seemed to have a mind of its own and trying to change the temperature did nothing. Sometimes it was ok, sometimes it was boiling hot. I had to leave it running for 5 minutes straight before it stopped being pure hot water.
Also they were renovating a couple of the rooms, which seemed a bit weird to do in such a peak summer time. It meant that at about 8am each morning I was woken up to loud drilling, hammering, and banging right next door which was reeeeally annoying. Aside from that I got a good sleep but maybe avoid staying there until the construction is completed or get a room as far from it as possible if you want to have any kind of sleep in. After I was awake it wasn't a big deal as I was out in the city and not in my room.

I paid for a private car to take me back to the airport, I tried e-mailing to be picked up by one as well but never got a reply back, I questioned it and it seems like they might not have gotten my e-mail. The driver was polite and a much, MUCH better driver than the taxi I took. No seriously, don't get a taxi in Rome. Pay the few extra euros and get the private car. Taxi drivers are maniacs there.

Wifi was free and pretty fast and everything else was fine. I feel like with the construction and bad shower I shouldn't give it 5 stars but those two things won't be something everyone is effected by and all the positives are strong positives.

If I went to Rome again I would book this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My son and I stayed here for 4 days and we liked the place. It is very conveniently located - walking distance to the Trevi Fountain and Spanish steps but also to many other sites; there are buses taking you to the Capitoline Museums/Colosseum area. Lots and lots of very good eating options right beside you. The best part was the service. There was a 24-hour reception which is very useful, with an absolutely special mention to Tiger - he was outstanding. We travel a lot and with all that experience we still rate Tiger as extraordinary. He gave us a whole lot of information about the city and where we were, right when we checked in. he helped with site bookings, restaurant recos and other queries. The best part was his attitude which made one feel at home. The negatives of this place - tiny room - we had almost no leg space. We had asked for a quiet room and so this one was away from the street noise, but in exchange we had no window - the only tiny one faced a wall within a few feet. The bathroom was comfortable but again, there was no space even to keep a small toiletries kit. To specify, we were in the main building, not sure how big the rooms are at the annex. Breakfast was good but most things were packaged and not fresh. Also, they are fixed items e.g. we got sweet/glazed croissants every day and when we asked for plain ones, we were told it was not possible to change the menu items. But all in all, it was a very good stay and we would definitely recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want but know that it has its own negatives e.g. our quiet room came with a size di...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank VSPB
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

So we weren't planning on going to Rome, but after a delayed flight to Athens, we decided to just stay a night in Rome and see the sights. We showed up without a reso, we had just showed the cab driver the available hotel from the front page of a booking site that had great reviews.. and this hotel deserves the 5☆. Tiger helped check us in, So nice, Very helpful! We got lucky that they had an open room at the little building around the corner, I think they called it the annex. It was so pretty, the room with red swirly wallpaper. Looked very decadent. The hotel was seriously a perfect location to EVERYTHING! We had just that one night to fit as much as we could in, as our flight left at 8am the next morning. We did take a cab from st peter square back to hotel and it was only like 8euros. But we walked to all the other sites we wanted to see. And lots of restaurants near by. When we return to Rome for a planned visit, we'll most definitely stay again.
Oh and use the car service!! Same price as cab but he picks you up from hotel, whereas the taxi from the airport just dropped us at the end of the street. The streets are really cool cobblestone like but not fun to tow luggage down..

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shelly m
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel is located in the heart of all the action in Rome. We were greeted by a super helpful staff. The staff was great about giving us specifics on navigating sites like the Vatican and even printing our vouchers. You walk out the front door of the hotel to restaurants, shops, etc and close by Trevi Fountain (which is unfortunately under construction). Most of the other places to see in Rome are within walking distance or a quick metro train ride away. The hotel room had a very modern, cool look and surprisingly quiet given the location. The room had a good size tv with plenty of channels and a small refrigerator. My only issue with the room was the small bathroom with no shelving to place things like toiletries.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 8 July 2014

For a short 3 day visit to Rome this was the perfect combination of location, price and accommodation. Just 100m from the Trevi fountain located on a pedestrian street - you literally just walk out the door and you are site-seeing ! Amazingly - given the busy location, our room was incredibly quiet (just as we requested) - although this means the only window looks onto a tiny internal courtyard. But who cares !! …. we didn't come to sit in the room …. the whole eternal city is just outside the door !!! The room was very adequate for 2 sharing, really good use of space (a bit reminiscent of a ships cabin) and very modern. Breakfast was included, delicious and was delivered to the room each morning at the time of your choice. There is no restaurant or any other facilities in the hotel - so it really is just a place to sleep after long happy days wandering around Rome. There is a small reception area at street level open 24hrs - the staff there are absolutely marvelous !!!! Whatever we needed - extra duvet , sightseeing advice , taxi to the airport …… everything was done with an enthusiastic smile ! Special mention to Tiger in reception who really looked after us and was super friendly.

Room Tip: We got a very quiet room as requested - but that means a small window with no view. This is not a ho...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two nights before going back home. The hotel is located in a small street with small shops and restaurants. Tiger greeted us and gave us lots of information around the area while we were waiting for our room to be ready. He suggested to take the tour to the Vatican at night as it is less crowded, and helped us to get the tickets for the same day. He also recommended restaurants. Our favorite was Sora Lucia, a small restaurant just steps from the hotel.
The hotel is walking distance to Trevi Fountain (which is under restoration), Pantheon, Piazza Navona and the Metro station.
We booked a Superior double room, and it was very comfortable and spacious. The bed was firm and comfortable as well. Our window faced the street in front of the hotel and even though it was busy at times, we did not hear any noise as the windows were sound proof. Breakfast was served in our room and it was generous, nice croissants, bread, toasts, fruit, cereal, prociutto and nice capuccino. The only observation would be the entrance of the building where the rooms are, the carpet needs to be cleaned.
Overall, our stay was pleasant, very easy to walk around and the service was great. They also helped us to request a taxi to pick us up at 4:30am. to go to the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is not the best. It is more like a 3 star. Rooms are small and breakfast is served in the room. There is no dining area, but the location is perfect and the staff is super helpful and friendly. Tiger made our stay perfect in every way

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family