“Can't wait to go back there!!! Wonderful experience!!”
Review of Interno5

Interno5
Ranked #624 of 3,712 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed at Interno5 during 4 nights in march with my wife and my 2 children (3 years old and 4 months old). As it is a B&B and not a hotel I was afraid that my stay will be complicated. After several emails, the owner Ilaria, reassured me and told me that it would not be an inconvenience for her or other customers and that everything would be set to host me. She was right!! We found all the equipment we needed in our room for our baby. A nice and confortable cradle, the material to heat the baby bottle and she even lend us her own stroller to wander in the streets of Rome. We could not have hoped a better place to stay and discover that beautiful city. I usually never leave a comment on a website but this time I'm happy to do so and incite people to go there!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank waycup
There are newer reviews for Interno5

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I would not recommend this B&B to ANYONE!
I will start with the (few) positive points. The rooms are clean and modern and the location is excellent. The building is very quiet at night and has a nice courtyard in the middle. The end.
Now on to the negatives - this may take some time! First and foremost, we were COMPLETELY RIPPED OFF by the owners. When we went to pay Ilaria (the owner who lives in a flat inside the B&B) we were sure that we gave her the correct money. She saw us count it out and said nothing. She then went into her flat and about half an hour later came knocking on our door, claiming that we had underpaid by €50. We were a group of 6 staying in 3 of the rooms and I suppose she thought that she could get away with saying we had underpaid due to the complicated nature of payment by cash only for a large group. One of the group asked her if she wanted to check the money again before she left, but she said no and that she trusted us. We know we should have asked her to check it, but you don't always think someone is out to rip you off! We paid the €50 and left it; between 6, €50 is not worth having an argument over whilst on holiday. But essentially, what she did to us is THEFT! I would not want this to happen to anyone else.
Furthermore, whilst busy ripping us off, Ilaria forgot to mention that there would be no breakfast on the last day (Palm Sunday) as the cafe where you redeem the breakfast vouchers would be closed, leaving us hungry and out of pocket! Whilst on the subject of the breakfast, don't get excited about what delicious Italian pastries may be on offer - you get a pretty rubbish croissant/pain au chocolat mainly consisting of air and some coffee. I can't see the same thing costing more than €3, which does not represent value for money! Especially when your stay ends up costing you €50 more than planned.
Other negative points include uncomfortable mattresses, pillows that are similar in depth and comfort to a paving slab (and no extra ones in the room), and arriving to find that the twin beds we requested in one room were made up into a double. This was resolved by the time we returned later that day, however I had sent an e-mail to the B&B specifically stating that we required twin beds, and had received confirmation of such.
In summary, if you like holidays with dishonest and uninformative B&B owners, uncomfortable beds and disappointing breakfasts, Interno 5 is for you! Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caroline_G13
Ilaria P, Proprietario at Interno5, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

To my surprise, I learn, only now and only through this means, that the stay (4 days) at 5 has not been inside the satisfaction of our guests.
I have to stress over the surprise, sorrow, especially for the fact that in our many meetings (daily) none of this I have never been claimed, and indeed they told me that he found good.
Ironically, I wonder why have not stopped immediately, staying at my facility.
Nothing to be replicated on personal judgments expressed about the comfort of my bed and everything related to the standard structure, as it is the right of everyone to express their views. Fortunately, the judgment of all the other guests who have stayed at my house differs totally from this, so leave room for the kind reviews received.
However, what seems to me inexcusable are the charges of theft that have moved towards me.
About the most unfortunate incident, which never occurred in the years before, I want to clarify for those reading the dynamics of events: and in fact, when these young disorderly guests were about to pay for your stay, definitely wrong, I failed to recount (trusting) Collect the outcome of the money that was collected. Immediately after (seconds), putting the money in case I have noted the lack of € 50 in total, and I tried to be immediately reported it. They are just 5 minutes gone in the meantime (and not thirty), because I met in front of the Chamber of customers who were returning. After reporting the incident, the boys immediately apologized and took steps to pay the shortfall. I insisted to which of them spoke Italian together trying to figure out where the accounts were wrong and resolve together what happened. I was hurriedly greeted and reassured that everything was okay. The next day, I was warmly greeted and thanked. I never thought that something had gone wrong! Sorry for the idea that my host has represented and still now I do not understand why he spoke before leaving. They are, however, some had not robbed nobody and hurts me deeply that statement, because it would not be in my interest to expose myself to a cause bad publicity in the face of such a small amount.
What I want to emphasize is the seriousness of the allegations made in the review, including the content CLEARLY DEFAMATORY.
In fact, I want to emphasize the importance of carefully weighing the words you choose to use to express their thoughts, especially when they are facing damage the good name and reputation of a person, as well as its activities.
I would finally like to remember, for the uninitiated, that the right to reputation, minacciabile through the dissemination of false news and defamation against an individual, through the medium of the Internet, constitutes an offense punishable under Law 547 / 1993.
Ilaria Panici, owner and operator of Interno5 b & b.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

The only reason I have given this review 2 stars was for the fact that the room was clean and tidy, and all appliances in the room were in proper working order. First, as a previous reviewer has stated, you cannot communicate with the owners of the hotel during your stay unless you have a usable cell phone or prefer to wander around looking for a pay phone. We did not have cell phone usage, nor were we informed that the owners were not onsite. There is no extension listed on the facade of the building to dial to get buzzed in, nor does it say which of the three towers within the apartment complex you must climb to find the "B&B". We finally found someone who was able to guide us to the proper location, only to find an unmarked door with no one answering the bell. An hour after we initially arrived, a man entered the building who had the nerve to scold us for ringing the bell too many times. I was in shock. He led us to our room which had no safe and no hairdryer - all of which had been confirmed via pre-trip e-mails - and then sprang on us that it was cash only. When I refused to pay cash, and after some grappling, he said that we could meet him at his other B&B (Michelangelo Suites - which has dreadful reviews for the same reasons) the following day. the next day we wasted yet another near hour of our trip trying to get him to answer the bell at that B&B, to no avail. When we came back to our room that night, we found a new key card had been issued for the room AND WAS LEFT IN THE KEY SLOT!!! Yes, our room with no safe was left accessible to anyone else staying there. Never once were we apologized to for the hours we wasted trying to get into and then even PAY for our room and the security issue we had later. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Fortunatly, from october 2011 we have a NEW GESTION!

Interno5 b&b

Reviewed 11 July 2011

Upon your arrival you need to call and arrange exact time of check in, because there is no reception. We arrived 5min before and Mr.Corrado was already there and waiting for us, shows us the room, give us keys, instructed us about AC, internet and breakfast coupons. We have had some questions so we called Mr.Corrado on given mobile number and he answered and helped us even it was 11pm.

Breakfast is on coffee shop nearby, and you can take one croissant (with or without chocolate :( ) and coffe (of your choice), modestly, but ok to start the day.

B&B (more accurate rooms only) is situated in lovely building on 3rd floor (with tiny elevator [not recommended for claustrophobic person]) in one apartment and it has 4 rooms nice newly decorated. Rooms cleaned every day, towels changed to.

Location of this place is really great, close to Vatican (~10min walking), Vatican Museum (5min walking), Bus start/stop (5min walking) and BUS 81 is your friend, it will took you to/from all must see location (Spanish steps, Fontana di Trevi, coliseum, Piazza Navona) for just 1€ :), or you can walking and for about 30min you are on almost every site you want to be.

We searched for accommodation in Rome and reviewed literally 100 hotels and B&Bs and for hotel like this far outside the town prices are at least twice as expensive, and for B&B we didn’t find nothing even on pictures good as this really was. I truly suggest this B&B to anyone going to Rome.

Room Tip: room number 4 are the only room looking in atrium (1,2,3 loking to the street)
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2011

If you don't have a usable cell phone when you're traveling to Italy, don't stay here. Given the reviews, we thought we would be fine staying here WITHOUT 24hr reception. However, we saw the owners exactly once through our entire stay, and they caused us three fretful nights. Here is how I break it down:

Starting point = 3 stars

(+ 1 star) Rooms are modern and recently refurbished.

(+ 1 star) Location is within 2 minutes of the metro.

(- 2 stars) Hotel switched rooms on us on the second night—without telling us! Can you imagine the shock you'd be in after coming to your room at night and finding your stuff gone and replaced by someone else's bags and the room slept in and used by someone else!?!? We eventually figured it out that they moved most our stuff (although they forgot some of our toiletries in the bathroom) without our knowledge, and put us into a much smaller room. Luckily, none of the other hotel guests stole any of our stuff, since the room was essentially open to everyone for the whole day. We emailed them to ask why our stuff was moved and if it would happen again, and they didn't respond at all. The following night, we found that they left another key to our room in the door, so again, others had free access to all of our stuff.

(- 0.5 star) On Booking.com, it says they accept credit cards. We confirmed this with Interno 5 via email. When we arrived, they demanded cash. Because they were never around, we had to leave full payment in cash in the room, and trust that they would give us a receipt (and not claim that they never received the cash).

(- 0.25 star) Because the hotel doesn't have a 24hr reception, you have to tell them when you arrive. They were almost 30 minutes late, and we were worried they wouldn’t show and we would have no place to stay.

(- 0.25 star) They did not give us a remote for the air conditioner or tell us how to turn it on. We had to climb up to turn it on, and in the new room (where the AC was too high), we had to scrounge through all of the hall closets to find a remote. Otherwise, the rooms are very stuffy and hot.

(-0.25 star) Cafe where you have a breakfast coupon doesn't open until 8am or so. Thus, if you're waking up early to stand in line at the Vatican or to catch an early train, you may miss out on the included breakfast. However, the cafe was nice enough to let us redeem an extra breakfast coupon a day early since we were missing breakfast the following day.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Excuse me for the rudeness of the staff, who was dismissed. A new management now works at Inside 5. I hope you give us the opportunity to be forgiven ... come back soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2011

We spent 4 very pleasant nights at this hotel. The room was quite small it was adequate in every way. The whole hotel was spotlessly clean. But, for me the main attractiion of this hotel was the friendliness and helpfulness of the owners and staff - particularly the breakfast chef who made our breakfast experiences on the roof terace so enjoyable.
I think the location was ideal because it was easy to escape the main tourist haunts to expereience more of the true Rome and easy enough to either walk, bus or tube your way into the main attractions.
I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vik917
Reviewed 3 January 2010

My wife and I stayed for 6 days at Interno5 and we had a great time. The rooms were cleaned everyday (fresh towels and linen everyday as well as 24 hrs hot/cold water) and it was a sizeable room with all ammenities. The wifi was not working when in our room but cable was there and they tried a lot to get it it working again. It was quiet and very private and the people were friendly and helpful be it with checking in early or arranging trasnport, giving us advice etc. The rate for the room was great for the period we were there. One of the best things were the location, which was literally a minute by walk to the metro and it had supermarkets and cafe's etc around in plenty. This meant that we could keep coming back to the room to rest a little before we set out again.

One thing we probably missed was english television channels as often after a long day we wanted to just watch a movie and unwind. Most of the television was in italian (but i guess this is common on most hotels).

The hotel does not have a 24 hr reception but we dint require it much as Dario was always a phone call away and the owners stayed in one room on the same floor so they could be contacted in case of an emergency.

There was a mc donalds, kebab place and burger king not too far aways if we you get fed up of eating pasta and pizza all the time and want a change.

Overall we had a great time and would recommend it to anyone who would like to stay well in rome and not spend too much.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple