“Great tours in Italy”

Italy Hotline Custom and Gourmet Tours
Ranked #56 of 238 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Italy Hotline Custom and Gourmet Tours provides private, custom-designed tours throughout Italy: *Unparalleled, personalized customer service from start to finish*Art & history tours*Food & wine tours, tasting tours, market tours*Cooking Classes with home and professional chefs all over Italy (featured in the NY Times) *Food Workshops*Art classes such as mosaic, fresco, drawing or painting lessons, artisan tours*Walking Tours*Chauffeured tours and transfers *Experiences with art experts, archeologists and historians to sommeliers and chefs. *Hotel, restaurant, and train reservations We specialize in the best hidden gems of Italy~
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Toured 3 different times in May 2011 in Naples and Rome with Italy Hotline Custom & Gourmet Tours (2 food lover tours)- Each one featured extremely professional, knowledgeable tour guides, friendly and accomodating. We had private tours which was the perfect blend for guide, visitor and information provided, plus personal interests and food sampled; loved every minute of each tour. We highly recommend and would use again and again. Very reliable.

1  Thank AR1189

Reviewed 6 June 2011

The beach restaurant near Amalfi was a highlight of our trip to the Amalfi Coast! A boatman met us at the Amalfi dock and we had a beautiful cruise along the steep cliffs of the peninsula, landing on a tiny dock in a secluded lagoon. Mattia offered us a swim before lunch, but we decided instead to sit in the shade of the reaturant patio sipping a refreshing local white wine before our lunch. The meal spun into a lazy afternoon gazing out at the bay and watching as a lunchtime crowd consisting mainly of folks arriving in their own sailing and motor boats gathered at the tables around us. The meal itself consisted of a fish-based menu of antipasto, pasta, and a generous second course of fritto misto, with dessert, local wine and water, all of which were fresh and delicious. Mattia made a special vegetarian menu for my wife, which was just as good. We couldn't resist napping for awhile on the cool, pebbly shore before climbing back in the boat for our return to Amalfi. It really felt like a vacation from our vacation.

1  Thank AndrewK11
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We arranged a four hour tour of the Vatican. Our guide arrived at our hotel early, helped us manage transportation to the Vatican and then took us on a wonder-filled tour full of history, stories, and explanations of the creation of the art. Our tour guide was charming, amusing, and very skilled at presenting both factual and anecdotal information about the creators of the Vatican and its art. We were treated to history in its finest form. We filled over four hours with grand tales and impressive information. Ally, our guide, brought the art to life and moved at a pace that was comfortable. She was helpful in providing other information about Rome as well as advice and guidance on how to best get to other places. We used the things we had learned as we travel through Italy and saw other art. It was a great experience and I highly recommend Italy Hotline Custom and Gourmet Tours. I should mention, we made these arrangements at a fairly late date and Sienna was great in working within our schedule and making sure everything went smoothly.

1  Thank libertybell49
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I did a lot of research on tours in Rome and kept coming back to Italy Hotline Tours. The customized tours they offered were very appealing. Even more appealing was their willingness to customize to you individual needs. My full day Ancient City Rome tour was absolutely FABULOUS. My tour guide, Ettore, was an endless wealth of information. He was friendly, funny and very personable. He definitely made the tour that much more enjoyable. My friend and I were delighted to learn that he would also be our tour guide for Ostia Antica (this is a MUST see sight). All the Ancient Rome sights we saw were amazing and so much more than I could imagine. THIS TOUR GROUP is fantastic. You'll find less expensive tours but you'll not regret going with Italy Hotline Tours. You do get what you pay for and they are wonderful. I will use them again and would HIGHLY recommend them. They are the best. Thank you Sienna, Gina, Alley and Ettore. You all made my visit to Rome unforgettable.

1  Thank beansndev
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I can't say enough about our guided tour through Rome other than I hope on our next visit, we allow for more time. Daniela, our guide, could not have been more pleasant, descriptive, and well-informed. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with her and will most definitely schedule our next tour with Italy Hotline. Also, when you book your tour and have the opportunity to speak with Sienna Reid, the owner, you'll find her to be incredibly organized and very knowledgeable, not to mention her charming disposition!

3  Thank Pamstarmack