“Florence and Pisa tours!”

Italy Hotline Custom and Gourmet Tours
Ranked #54 of 230 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Italy Hotline Custom and Gourmet Tours provides private, custom-designed tours throughout Italy: *Unparalleled, personalized customer service from start to finish*Art & history tours*Food & wine tours, tasting tours, market tours*Cooking Classes with home and professional chefs all over Italy (featured in the NY Times) *Food Workshops*Art classes such as mosaic, fresco, drawing or painting lessons, artisan tours*Walking Tours*Chauffeured tours and transfers *Experiences with art experts, archeologists and historians to sommeliers and chefs. *Hotel, restaurant, and train reservations We specialize in the best hidden gems of Italy~
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was the first time we contacted Italy hotline Tours and they were amazing and very reliable. We got quick and informative responses from Ally and all the pickups and tours organised by her were on time and amazing. We got Daniella at Pisa , she was very friendly and knowledgeable and at Florence we were greeted by Lisa. Lisa was one of the best guides we had on our entire trip and enjoyed every minute with her. Overall a great experience with Italy Hotline!

2  Thank Oswin N

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Last month, for the first time ever, I rented a villa in Tuscany (villa Il Cerretaccio, outstanding!) for our large family of 15 persons, including 5 children as young as 18 months. In setting up the trip, I used Italy Hotline Custom and Gourmet Tours to set up side trips to Rome and to Florence. They did an excellent job finding a guide and excellent drivers to pick us up at the villa, and also selected excellent restaurants for us in those cities. My wife and I also met Ally Novgorodtseva, a Manager of the company, personally, when they exhibited at the New York Times Travel and Vacation trade show at the New York City Javits Convention Center earlier this year.

But where Ally saved our trip was in planning for the first day of our flight's arrival in Rome's Fiumicino airport at 6:35 AM. We were not able to move into the villa until 1600 hours, and there was absolutely no venue near the villa which would serve us at the odd time of 1030 hours. At the very last minute, Ally worked with me to design a tour from the moment we left the airport. It was one of the high points of the trip, according to the whole family! Our bus first took us to Orvieto, in Umbria, where they had reserved the entire dining room of Paticcieria Adriana, and the owners served us a wonderful breakfast, with breads, fresh-baked pastries and breakfast meets, juice and milk for the children, and cappuccinos to help wake us up. The venue also took us on a tour of the tunnel beneath the pasticceria, which dates back to Etruscan times. It was a wonderful experience (for only 205 Euros), and we got to walk around Orvieto for an hour. The bus then continued north and stopped for lunch at La Chiusa ristorante in an old farmhouse in Tuscany, which had the best tomatoes we ever tasted in a bruschetta! We arrived at the villa at 4 PM with a sense of wonder and appreciation, with the children fed and satisfied. Ally and Italy Hotline Custom and Gourmet tours have my everlasting gratitude. I heartily recommend them. They are truly in service to the customer!

2  Thank Stuart M
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I first used Italy Hotline Tours in 2011, taking the Full Day Ancient City tour (which they happily allowed me to customize to my wants) as well as taking the Ostia Antica tour.

Their guides are extremely knowledgeable and friendly. On this years trip (May 2014) we did the Stroll Like a Roman Tour with Grazia. She is such a joy. We actually had her as a guide the evening before for a night time Colosseum tour through a different tour company. When we saw her the following night for our Stroll tour it was happy greetings and hugs. As in 2011, we our tour was customsized to the things we were interested to see and we even ended up seeing some sights that we weren't expecting to see. It was a wonderful stroll through Rome with a wonderful guide (friend). Grazia is very proud of her city, its culture and history which made the tour that much more enjoyable.

I also used Italy Hotline for transportation to and from the airport and Rome. Ricardo was very pleasant and helpful. He even arrived early for our early morning pick up on our departure day. Because of the professionalism of the folks at Italy Hotline tours I knew it wasn't necessary to have to call or email to verify our pick up arrangements while in Rome. It made our trip that much more enjoyable, not worrying about getting to the airport on time.

GRAZIE to all at Italy Hotline Tour. These folks are awesome and well worth what you pay.

5  Thank JDasen
Reviewed 18 June 2014

we just finished the early Roman christianity tour with Ettore. he was incredibly knowledgeable about the sites, archeology, and early christian history in the city of Rome. I would definitely recommend.

3  Thank eric b
Italy_Hotline_Tours, General Manager at Italy Hotline Custom and Gourmet Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Eric,
We were so happy to have you, your wife, children and mom back with us this year! I’m pleased you enjoyed your customized, off the beaten path 8-hour chauffeured and guided “Rome’s Catacombs & the Basilica of St Paul Outside the Walls” tour, which you took with Ettore as a cruise ship excursion from Civitavecchia. I had fun planning it with you!
We hope to have you back again the next time to visit Italy!
Kind regards,
Ally
Italy Hotline Custom & Gourmet Tours LLC

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Can't say enough great things about IHL. First discovered them in 2011, how can it be they keep getting better and better? Wonderful, fabulous private tours each and every time. Starting from the planning process, Marcel in NYC goes to great lengths to plan your trip with you, considering every detail and is very patient and pleasant. He also makes very useful suggestions, such as 'skip the line' tickets, etc. Marcel thinks of everything and then puts you with tour guides to best suit your needs and ensure the very best times while touring. We were a group of 4 people and I felt spoiled every time we passed a group of thirty people following an umbrella or flag. Marcel set us up with Nadia in Venice, and Ettore and Daniela in Rome. All three were the very best. I can go on and on but suffice it to say each one was extremely knowledgeable, knew every tidbit of history and took us to off the beaten paths in each city. We took the Venice Highlights and food tasting, the Rome food tasting and the Vatican/Ancient City tours. Each guide was pleasant, timely and professional. They did not mind answering questions, even though they may have been off topic and readily gave suggestions and recommendations when asked. Nadia, in addition to Venice highlights, hidden paths and cicchetti, ended our tour with wine and food at the Palazzetto Pisani Nobility Floor which overlooked the Grand Canal, wonderful. Ettore's selections of cheese makers, wine, suppli, REAL gelato, street pizza was excellent. Daniela's tour of the Vatican/Ancient City and extremely in depth discussions of hardly known facts especially regarding the Sistine Ceiling were amazing. She streamlined our tour to exactly what we wanted and it was flawless, her knowledge impressive. All guides are so fluent in their historical knowledge, it feels like you are just taking a walk with a friend. I cannot recommend IHL enough. I would never go to Italy any other way.

3  Thank AR1189