“The only way to see Rome!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Italy Hotline Custom and Gourmet Tours

Italy Hotline Custom and Gourmet Tours
Ranked #49 of 208 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Italy Hotline Custom and Gourmet Tours provides private, custom-designed tours throughout Italy: *Unparalleled, personalized customer service from start to finish*Art & history tours*Food & wine tours, tasting tours, market tours*Cooking Classes with home and professional chefs all over Italy (featured in the NY Times) *Food Workshops*Art classes such as mosaic, fresco, drawing or painting lessons, artisan tours*Walking Tours*Chauffeured tours and transfers *Experiences with art experts, archeologists and historians to sommeliers and chefs. *Hotel, restaurant, and train reservations We specialize in the best hidden gems of Italy~
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The only way to see Rome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We did 2 days in Rome, one with Donatella, and the other with Giusy. They were both amazing! We were able to see so much more than we would have on our own and it took the stress out of finding where to go. Both guides were extremely knowledgeable and flexible with what we wanted to do. They were both very patient with our young children and made the day a great experience for us. Every step of the way, starting out with Marcel setting everything up, to Donatella and Giusy being there to greet us at the hotel was 1st class. Well worth every penny, there is no better way to do it!!!!

3 Thank Lmac802

La Quinta, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“5 Stars Just Isn't Enough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My family recently returned from a 12 day vacation to Italy. We visited Venice, Florence, and Rome taking 2 tours in each city, and booked our hotels, transfers and train tickets with Ally at Italy Hotline.

First off our vacation was amazing! Everything went exactly as planned, transfers were smooth and on time, train tickets were convenient, hotels lovely and off the beaten path (not the ones that show up on every internet hotel site) and the tours and guides were wonderful, fun and informative.

My wife and I have visited Italy before but this was a first time trip for our children, on summer break from college. I decided to use Italy Hotline because I wanted private tours that would engage my kids and really cater to their wishes and desires. What we received was exactly that.

In Venice we took the City Tour and the Murano, Burano excursion. Our guide for both was Nadia and she was a treasure. She was able to easily navigate the city while avoiding the crowds at every turn. She also arranged, at my request, a private gondola ride with a singer and guitarist. It was the most romantic and amazing excursion we've ever had.

In Florence we took the City Tour with the Uffizi and Academia museums and a Day Trip into the Tuscan Countryside. Our guide Michele was excellent and made us feel like real Florentines. We loved our time in Florence and Tuscany in general.

In Rome we took the City Tour with the Vactican Museum and the Catacombs and Appian Way Tour. The city tour was wonderful and provided just enough information to compliment our past visits to the city, Daniela was wonderful. The Catacombs were the favorite tour for my entire family. While probably not for everyone it was interesting and truly connected us to history in an entirely different way. Ettore really connected with the kids and had a wonderful sense of humor and effectively keep everyone going, even at the end of our vacation.

I really can't say enough about the quality and integrity of Italy Hotline and Ally especially. She took such thought and care in making recommendations, choosing hotels and tours, and answering question that I felt I was working with a family member while planning this trip. As a matter of fact she took more care than a typical family member would.

I wholeheartedly recommend using Italy Hotlines services and tours. You won't be sorry and you too may have the vacation of a lifetime!

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have specific questions regarding any of the tours or activities I outlined above. Ciao! LG

Visited July 2014
8 Thank LG W
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Florence and Pisa tours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was the first time we contacted Italy hotline Tours and they were amazing and very reliable. We got quick and informative responses from Ally and all the pickups and tours organised by her were on time and amazing. We got Daniella at Pisa , she was very friendly and knowledgeable and at Florence we were greeted by Lisa. Lisa was one of the best guides we had on our entire trip and enjoyed every minute with her. Overall a great experience with Italy Hotline!

2 Thank Oswin N
Mount Kisco, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent service and responsiveness saved my Tuscany vacation with 14 family members!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Last month, for the first time ever, I rented a villa in Tuscany (villa Il Cerretaccio, outstanding!) for our large family of 15 persons, including 5 children as young as 18 months. In setting up the trip, I used Italy Hotline Custom and Gourmet Tours to set up side trips to Rome and to Florence. They did an excellent job finding a guide and excellent drivers to pick us up at the villa, and also selected excellent restaurants for us in those cities. My wife and I also met Ally Novgorodtseva, a Manager of the company, personally, when they exhibited at the New York Times Travel and Vacation trade show at the New York City Javits Convention Center earlier this year.

But where Ally saved our trip was in planning for the first day of our flight's arrival in Rome's Fiumicino airport at 6:35 AM. We were not able to move into the villa until 1600 hours, and there was absolutely no venue near the villa which would serve us at the odd time of 1030 hours. At the very last minute, Ally worked with me to design a tour from the moment we left the airport. It was one of the high points of the trip, according to the whole family! Our bus first took us to Orvieto, in Umbria, where they had reserved the entire dining room of Paticcieria Adriana, and the owners served us a wonderful breakfast, with breads, fresh-baked pastries and breakfast meets, juice and milk for the children, and cappuccinos to help wake us up. The venue also took us on a tour of the tunnel beneath the pasticceria, which dates back to Etruscan times. It was a wonderful experience (for only 205 Euros), and we got to walk around Orvieto for an hour. The bus then continued north and stopped for lunch at La Chiusa ristorante in an old farmhouse in Tuscany, which had the best tomatoes we ever tasted in a bruschetta! We arrived at the villa at 4 PM with a sense of wonder and appreciation, with the children fed and satisfied. Ally and Italy Hotline Custom and Gourmet tours have my everlasting gratitude. I heartily recommend them. They are truly in service to the customer!

2 Thank Stuart M
Walterboro, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Tour and Transportation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I first used Italy Hotline Tours in 2011, taking the Full Day Ancient City tour (which they happily allowed me to customize to my wants) as well as taking the Ostia Antica tour.

Their guides are extremely knowledgeable and friendly. On this years trip (May 2014) we did the Stroll Like a Roman Tour with Grazia. She is such a joy. We actually had her as a guide the evening before for a night time Colosseum tour through a different tour company. When we saw her the following night for our Stroll tour it was happy greetings and hugs. As in 2011, we our tour was customsized to the things we were interested to see and we even ended up seeing some sights that we weren't expecting to see. It was a wonderful stroll through Rome with a wonderful guide (friend). Grazia is very proud of her city, its culture and history which made the tour that much more enjoyable.

I also used Italy Hotline for transportation to and from the airport and Rome. Ricardo was very pleasant and helpful. He even arrived early for our early morning pick up on our departure day. Because of the professionalism of the folks at Italy Hotline tours I knew it wasn't necessary to have to call or email to verify our pick up arrangements while in Rome. It made our trip that much more enjoyable, not worrying about getting to the airport on time.

GRAZIE to all at Italy Hotline Tour. These folks are awesome and well worth what you pay.

Visited May 2014