“Italy Hotline Private Tours”

Italy Hotline Custom and Gourmet Tours
Ranked #56 of 238 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Italy Hotline Custom and Gourmet Tours provides private, custom-designed tours throughout Italy: *Unparalleled, personalized customer service from start to finish*Art & history tours*Food & wine tours, tasting tours, market tours*Cooking Classes with home and professional chefs all over Italy (featured in the NY Times) *Food Workshops*Art classes such as mosaic, fresco, drawing or painting lessons, artisan tours*Walking Tours*Chauffeured tours and transfers *Experiences with art experts, archeologists and historians to sommeliers and chefs. *Hotel, restaurant, and train reservations We specialize in the best hidden gems of Italy~
Reviewed 17 July 2010

This was an excellent experience. Sienna made the plans for a tailor made tour as my husband and I wanted to view all the Caravaggio paintings in Rome. Laura our guide took us on two five hour tours and showed us not only the prized paintings but other works and antiquities too. Laura is very knowledgeable and organised. I recommend this company to anyone who wants to get the best from a visit to Rome.

1  Thank welltravelled53
"roman history"
in 6 reviews
"entire tour"

Reviewed 1 July 2010

This tour was well run. The hotels and restaurants were outstanding. The local guides did agood job. The people who run this group were extremely helpful and worked hard to make everyone feel comfortable.

1  Thank mmtdw
Reviewed 25 October 2009

Everyone says you need at least one week in Rome, but we only had two full days. Thanks to [--] who provided us with a private guide, I think we got to see almost everything. Our guide, Sarah May, gave us so much insight on not only ancient Rome, but modern Rome as well. You can spend less on a tour-we saw groups of 50 to 80 people in them. That's great for the five people closest to the guide, but I'm sure it was a waste of money for everybody else.

2  Thank Doris170
Reviewed 16 November 2008

I booked a tour with Italy Hotline months before our trip. Our guide met us at the hotel and took us to the Vatican. She was wonderful and so knowledgeable and fun. She shared great information with us and we had the best time ever. There is no way I would recommend anyone to tour the Vatican on their own. It is far too big and overwhelming. We loved every minute of our tour - it was personalized, informative, fun, and the best part of our trip!

2  Thank nicurn1
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 November 2008

I recently returned from a trip to Rome. We only had a day and a half to see the city so we relied on ItalyHotline and are so glad we did!

Sienna Reid made the booking process so easy. I explained to her that I would be traveling with an older couple as well as a four year old. She assured me that the guide would personalize the tour to meet our needs: both the physical challenges and keeping a four year old interested. Their guides are all English speaking and will customize tours based on your interests. Sienna set up payment through paypal which was very helpful too.

Our guide, Anne, met us at our hotel and we began our journey. Anne is from the U.S. and fell in love with Rome after a semister abroad. Her knowledge and passion for the arts brought such deep perspective to our tour! She pointed out so many things we would've missed on our own. And because it was a private tour, we could stop off for gelato or a quick shopping purchase whenever the mood struck. Anne knew little tips and tricks that helped us avoid long lines. And when we needed to call in the help of a driver for day two, it was handled promptly and efficiently. The van was new, clean, and very comfortable.

I would highly recommend booking a private group tour with ItalyHotline. [--]

3  Thank mtgevntplanner