“5 Star Hotel - 5 Star Staff”

Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux
Ranked #43 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 19 November 2013

It was my wife’s 45th birthday and she did not want a big birthday party so I surprised her with 4 days in Rome. I wanted to stay at a really nice hotel close to ll the main attractions so I chose Palazzo Manfredi. I was a little nervous because it was a small hotel but once I got there I was quickly put at easy. As soon as we arrived at the hotel it was raining but Giacomo was there to greet us outside with an umbrella. He had a big smile and was very friendly. He quickly made us feel like we were home. Giacomo was very helpful and went out of the way to make sure our stay was a pleasant one. I have been to bigger hotels but to come down to the lobby and be greeted by name every time was a 5 star experience for us.

The proximity to the Colosseum and the Forum was great, and there are some really nice restaurants in the small streets nearby. All with great food and friendly fun people.
We did not use cabs as we were in walking distance to all the main attractions and restaurants. The room itself was luxurious and plush as expected, the bathroom was beautiful with nice pressure water.

Giacomo invited us upstairs to restaurant 'Aroma' which was really nice (5 star restaurant). We originally went up there for a free welcome drink but then decided to have dinner to celebrate my wife’s Birthday.The view of the Colosseum was breathtaking. The food was absolutely delicious and although a little on the expensive side it was well worth it for the ambiance and the type of food you would not normally find at any restaurant in Rome.
I see reviews that say it’s stuffy and expensive however I was in Jeans and button shirt, no jacket and was treated like I had a tux on. The staff was excellent.

The only negative part of the trip was that our room didn't have a view of the Colosseum; rather, it looked out onto the adjacent under-construction building. Don’t get me wrong it’s not the hotel’s fault that it’s next door neighbor was under construction. There was not even any construction going on while we were there. We did not pay to have the view of the Coliseum but we did not pay to have the view of the construction either. In any regards, that didn’t matter to us because we would not be staying in the room much. We closed the beautifully plush curtains and enjoyed the room while we were there. I would highly recommend Palazzo Manfredi to anyone. It’s a great hotel, wonderful staff and great location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DomLuc68
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore at Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Guest,

What amazing words of compliments you have written, please accept my most sincere thanks on behalf of all my staff. I am so very proud that we have been able to assist in creating this lasting memory on such an important occasion.

I especially appreciate your very kind comment on our valuable team member Mr. Giacomo Valle, Front Desk Manager.

On behalf of everyone at Palazzo Manfredi Hotel, thank you for taking the time to write your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Palazzo Manfredi Hotel in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The Hotel Manfredi was a great choice in Rome. We stayed there for 3 nights in October 2013. The hotel was full, so we were upgraded to a Junior Suite that looked straight out at the Colleseum. The room was very quiet at night as there were sound proofed windows, and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and offered great suggestions. It was incredibly convenient to walk over to the ancient ruins of Rome after opening up the curtains and seeing them in your face!. We ate dinner at the restaurant on the roof with a view; and the meal, wine, and servce were excellent, although I warn you that it was a small fortune. One small tip would be to share a breakfast buffet off of one plate and go back for seconds, as it is about $35/pp. The wait staff had no problem with this. We would definately stay here again when in Rome.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore at Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Palazzo Manfredi-Relais & Chateaux during your recent visit to the Eternal city.

We are so glad to read that your stay was a memorable one and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed for three nights at the Palazzo. The proximity to the Colosseum and the Forum was great, and there are some nice restaurants in the three or four small streets nearby. The room itself looks luxurious as expected, but the mattress is very hard and uncomfortable. The bathroom, too, is very plush but the open shower design results in everything getting completely soaked. The room itself didn't have a view of the Colosseum; rather, it looked out onto the adjacent under-construction building.

The concierge/front desk was very helpful: they booked our tickets to the Colosseum and the Vatican Museum; the latter especially saved us hours of standing in line.

Upstairs, the fancy restaurant 'Aroma' was pretty stuffy. We went up there for a welcome drink and asked to step out into the dining area to check out the view of the Colosseum and we were told that it is for diners only. Needless to say, we didn't dine there.

Overall, decent service, kind of stuffy, and somewhat overpriced.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Alex M
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This is a long overdue review. We have stayed at the Palazzo Manfredi three times in the last two years...twice with our children. The proximity to the Forum and Coliseum was the thing that drew us to the hotel in the first place (going to sleep and waking up to the Coliseum RIGHT outside your window is AMAZING), but the staff has kept us coming back. On each trip they have gone above and beyond to make everyone happy - little gifts for the kids, bottle of Prosecco for mom and dad, allowing us to use a room for showers/naps before our room was ready, making my daughter's birthday (and my 40th birthday) extra special, etc.... We have also stayed at the Hassler and while it was nice, it was overly stuffy. The ONLY complaint I have about the hotel is the beds are a little hard, but that is easy to get over. Hopefully we will be back again this Christmas to the Manfredi!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Kirsten W
PalazzoManfrediRoma, Direttore generale at Palazzo Manfredi - Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back once again to Eternal city.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I'm sat in the hotel room in Palazzo Manfredi as I write this, whilst pleasant enough I wouldn't rate this as highly as most of the reviews on here. Yes the hotel is small and yes the staff are pleasant but it's the accommodation you pay for and this really isn't worth the very high cost. Small, noisy, no view even if there weren't building works right outside the window. Maybe it's our fault for requesting a room away from the very busy and extremely noisy main road.

Having stayed at several relais chateaux before this, unfortunately it's not really in the same class.

Stayed: September 2013
8  Thank cardifftraveller39
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed at the Palazzo Manfredie in Rome for 3 nights recently and had a wonderful stay in this small boutique hotel situated right oppossite the Collesseum. Although it was small and we travelled as an adult couple I am sure they would be great with children.

On arrival we were warmly welcomed and upgraded straight away. Our room was beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and very stylish.

The hotel concierge were very knowledgable and helpful and bent over backwards for us. In particular Giacomo and Raphael. Who recommend great restaurants for us and understood entirely what we were looking for.

The hotel is in a very nice location, 5 minutes in a taxi to the area where The Pantheon and Trevi Fountain are but this is also a very interesting and pleasant walk which doesn't take long at all.

Surrounding the hotel are late opening restaurants and bars two of which we ate in and served delicious food (which you seem to be able to get everywhere in Rome even at a little hole in the wall place), even though these are open late there is no noise impact on the hotel.

On top of the building is a gourmet restaurant and bar. We didn't eat in the restaurant other than morning time but breakfast was all freshly served and delicious.

I am a fussy guest but I really couldn't complain about anything with this hotel - we had a brilliant stay and I would definately return and recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Taifrench1

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your wonderfull comment regarding your recent visit at Palazzo Manfredi-Relais & Chateaux.

I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with the Hotel service and that we were able to meet your needs.

I especially appreciate your very kind comment on our valuable team member, Mr. Giacomo and Mr. Raphael.

It is give me a great pleasure to be able to pass along your positive comments and the importance of your satisfaction.

On behalf of everyone at Palazzo Manfredi, thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Palazzo Manfredi in the not too distant future.

With regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We were only in Rome one night, which was unfortunate not only because it wasn't enough time to see the city, but because this hotel was so amazing. We had a Prestige DomusAurea view room. The hotel is very small. Staff is so attentive and helpful. They helped us with everything we needed and they all did it with an unpretentious and friendly manner. Our room was amazing - and worth every dime. We had a living room, a "work out" room, a comfortable bed and a very modern bathroom. The bathroom didn't allow for a lot of privacy.

Good location - right across from the Colosseum. Breakfast was fantastic and the rooftop restaurant is wonderful. I wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Pay for a room that looks out at the Colosseum.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple