La Fabbrica di San Pietro B&B
Hotel Navona(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$1,192
US$959
Very Good 4/5
Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$402
US$383
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I am an Italo-Brazilian, who pays a visit to the old country every year. I normally stay a week with my family in Central Italy - Umbria, and afterwards, I spend sometime traveling around. I never went to a Bed and Breakfast in my life. This time, I was convinced by my Italian relatives, to do so. In fact, some monetary restrictions, finished to overcame my resistance to the idea... During my trips to Italy, I always spend 4-5 days in Rome. In the last years, I was going to a very nice hotel call Minerva located at the place with the same name, nearby the Pantheon. A magnificent place, the only problem, the cost: 300 Euros a night, each room! Due to the Eastern Holidays, all B&BS I contacted were packed. I was almost giving up, when finally, calling la Fabbrica di San Pietro, I was told that they just had 2 cancellations! The first positive thing to note was how easy it was to get there: Arriving from Perugia at Termini (Rome central train station), it was very simple to get a bus which drops us almost in front to their location. In the same way, at the moment of our departure – we were flying to Milan, it was very easy as well, to get the train from the San Pietro station to Fiumicino. Yes, since the idea was to have a downsizing of costs, this time, we decided to use just public transportation. In this sense, their location was very good. In a large city like Rome, no matter how well located you could be, it is impossible to reach all places of interests just walking, so good transportation is strategical. Just at the corner, we had number of buses, taking us to all places in town. Myself and my wife and our daughters, we were received by the owner, a very kind person, Paola. As a coincidence, almost at the same time, other people were arriving: a couple from the Philippines and two German girls. Since we know the city, we didn't need much information, but I was impressed by Paola's disposition, in providing tips to the other guests. Anyway, her suggestion of going to Carlone, a fantastic restaurant in Trastevere (specialized in Roman and Abruzzese food) proved to be very good. For sure, the accommodations were not at the level of the Hotel Minerva, but they were very convenient: beautiful furniture, a good size and extremely clean room, good quality sheets, and finally, a fairly decent Italian Breakfast -a best buy for 100 Euros! Since the experience was so positive, I will be considering using again B&Bs in other occasions.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank claudiosettimi
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Good location near the Vatican, and cheaper than many other parts of the city. The Trastevere district is a 20min walk and quite easy to get to. The main attractions in the city center are either a short bus ride away, or a 40 minute walk. Be warned that at heavy traffic times the bus to the train station can take over an hour! Normally it should only be 20 minutes.

The hosts were very nice, although they do not live there. So making arrangements to meet them upon arrival is necessary, but this was not a problem. Breakfast was fairly standard for a B&B in Europe. But of course it is Italy, so the coffee is very good!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sailTravel
Reviewed 6 February 2012

For those who travel with a large budget, there might be better customized options (i.e. 3 star-hotel or above). However, I found myself more fitting in mingling into the local life (in Rome, do as Romans do). In that manner, this B&B (fabbrica san pietro) really satisfied me.

Here are my short review on this B&B:
Provenance: I have known this thanks to one of my friends who is Italian 'Romani' (people who live in Rome).

Location: being right next to Vatican, you can go see San Pietro at sunrise and sunset. I will not elaborate to explain the beautiful (and quite without usual crowd) moments of Vatican around those times. If you're religious, I wouldn't hesitate to take this this chance. Going to Trastevere for nightlife or diner is very convenient with bus ride from here. Going to Panteon area on foot takes about 20-25 minutes (35 minutes with a cup of espresso or cone of gelato during the walking). Going to Termini station or spanish stairs would take 25-30 minutes with train ride. You can take train from Stazione san pietro - go one stop and change into Metro A.

Safety: Very safe area, according to my Italian friend. I met local people around, and enjoyed it very much.

Nearby: A few good local restaurants, which includes crossing the border (remember vatican is right next to you) to Pope's realm to enjoy meals and espresso. Not excellent fine cuisines nearby, though. But anyways, I had dinner plans in the downtown Rome for this matter.

Bed: Good. A bit small for American standard, but I (5'11'') could easily fit in and slept well.

Breakfast: Cookies, milk coffee tea etc provided by house, but not a continental type of full breakfast service. You can prepare your own meals (they have refridge and utensils). I was just too lazy to do that.

Facilities:
What they have: towels (lots of), linens, soap, hair dryer.
What they don't have: toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo.

Hospitality: Great. I found Tiziana (who greeted me at B&B) very nice and helpful. She was available for my whole stay.

Hope this helps. THis is my first time to write a review on tripadvisor, so I am wondering if this is the proper form. Anyway, bon voyages!

Room Tip: 3 rooms at B&B. 2 rooms are equipped with restroom with bath in the room. One room have the bathroom outside the room (but it's only reserved for the room anyway). You may want to ask them to give you one of the rooms with bath inside the rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Beantownbloke
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Nothing bad to say about this place. It's literally 2 minutes walk from St. Peter's Square and a 10 minute bus ride from the centre of town.

If The Vatican is one of your priorities to see when you're in Rome then look no further.

Our room was incredibly clean and was tended to every day. Breakfast is good - Fresh cake, brioche, juice, decent coffee. They also leave some little cakes and things in the room in case you fancy something during the day.

For the price, you can't do much better in Rome.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank freecactusdisco
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We have been there the last week end for 2 nights.
Very nice and very very clean appartment.
Rooms are very big with nice bathroom ( we also had a big balcony ) ! Italian ambiance !
We really love the concept of the appartment !
Italian Breakfast ( Italian coffee, traditionnal biscuits, juice, milk..all what you need :)).).
You can take your breakfast whenever you want, that's great. The kitchen is also very clean and cute.
The B&B is very well located as it's just next the Vatican ( 2 minutes by feets, in the city center )...The person in charge of the B&B is very cute and efficient.
She will give you many great adresses to eat and have a drink but also to take bus and how to discover the city. Really nice and special place to dicover Roma, for a small price.
We will go back. Thanx. Sylvie and Marco