“Just fantastic”

La Fabbrica di San Pietro B&B
Ranked #768 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 February 2014

All we were looking for in one place. Extremely clean and quite. Perfect location, good breakfast ( delicious Italian panettone). And the hostesses (all of them) extremely friendly and helpful.

Don't waste time looking for other places

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 October 2013

1 ) Good location next to the vatican city.
2 ) Very nice neighborhood with reastaurants and cafes.
3 ) Beautiful, sunny and clean rooms with nice breakfast.
4 ) Paola and her husband are very helpful and hospitable!!
5 ) We felt like home!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012

10 out of 10!!! Wonderful place to stay. Very cosy, good size room, fastidiously clean light and airy. Windows that open, the bed was very comfortable. Titziana the hostess was wonderfully warm and very helpful with information and directions. Excellent location very close to the Vatican, 10 mins to Piazza Venezia by regular buses, and really just a medium walk away from many of the key sites, Piazza Novana, Pantheon etc. Airconidtioned/heating/TV wifi coffee/tea facilites all top notch. And to top it off the price was excellent. We couldn't fault it in anyway. The web address is www.fabbricadisanpietro.com
Ross and Jo, Alice Springs, Australia

Room Tip: We stayed in the room Romantica but they were all excellent.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank toley123
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I am an Italo-Brazilian, who pays a visit to the old country every year. I normally stay a week with my family in Central Italy - Umbria, and afterwards, I spend sometime traveling around. I never went to a Bed and Breakfast in my life. This time, I was convinced by my Italian relatives, to do so. In fact, some monetary restrictions, finished to overcame my resistance to the idea... During my trips to Italy, I always spend 4-5 days in Rome. In the last years, I was going to a very nice hotel call Minerva located at the place with the same name, nearby the Pantheon. A magnificent place, the only problem, the cost: 300 Euros a night, each room! Due to the Eastern Holidays, all B&BS I contacted were packed. I was almost giving up, when finally, calling la Fabbrica di San Pietro, I was told that they just had 2 cancellations! The first positive thing to note was how easy it was to get there: Arriving from Perugia at Termini (Rome central train station), it was very simple to get a bus which drops us almost in front to their location. In the same way, at the moment of our departure – we were flying to Milan, it was very easy as well, to get the train from the San Pietro station to Fiumicino. Yes, since the idea was to have a downsizing of costs, this time, we decided to use just public transportation. In this sense, their location was very good. In a large city like Rome, no matter how well located you could be, it is impossible to reach all places of interests just walking, so good transportation is strategical. Just at the corner, we had number of buses, taking us to all places in town. Myself and my wife and our daughters, we were received by the owner, a very kind person, Paola. As a coincidence, almost at the same time, other people were arriving: a couple from the Philippines and two German girls. Since we know the city, we didn't need much information, but I was impressed by Paola's disposition, in providing tips to the other guests. Anyway, her suggestion of going to Carlone, a fantastic restaurant in Trastevere (specialized in Roman and Abruzzese food) proved to be very good. For sure, the accommodations were not at the level of the Hotel Minerva, but they were very convenient: beautiful furniture, a good size and extremely clean room, good quality sheets, and finally, a fairly decent Italian Breakfast -a best buy for 100 Euros! Since the experience was so positive, I will be considering using again B&Bs in other occasions.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank claudiosettimi
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Good location near the Vatican, and cheaper than many other parts of the city. The Trastevere district is a 20min walk and quite easy to get to. The main attractions in the city center are either a short bus ride away, or a 40 minute walk. Be warned that at heavy traffic times the bus to the train station can take over an hour! Normally it should only be 20 minutes.

The hosts were very nice, although they do not live there. So making arrangements to meet them upon arrival is necessary, but this was not a problem. Breakfast was fairly standard for a B&B in Europe. But of course it is Italy, so the coffee is very good!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sailTravel
Reviewed 6 February 2012

For those who travel with a large budget, there might be better customized options (i.e. 3 star-hotel or above). However, I found myself more fitting in mingling into the local life (in Rome, do as Romans do). In that manner, this B&B (fabbrica san pietro) really satisfied me.

Here are my short review on this B&B:
Provenance: I have known this thanks to one of my friends who is Italian 'Romani' (people who live in Rome).

Location: being right next to Vatican, you can go see San Pietro at sunrise and sunset. I will not elaborate to explain the beautiful (and quite without usual crowd) moments of Vatican around those times. If you're religious, I wouldn't hesitate to take this this chance. Going to Trastevere for nightlife or diner is very convenient with bus ride from here. Going to Panteon area on foot takes about 20-25 minutes (35 minutes with a cup of espresso or cone of gelato during the walking). Going to Termini station or spanish stairs would take 25-30 minutes with train ride. You can take train from Stazione san pietro - go one stop and change into Metro A.

Safety: Very safe area, according to my Italian friend. I met local people around, and enjoyed it very much.

Nearby: A few good local restaurants, which includes crossing the border (remember vatican is right next to you) to Pope's realm to enjoy meals and espresso. Not excellent fine cuisines nearby, though. But anyways, I had dinner plans in the downtown Rome for this matter.

Bed: Good. A bit small for American standard, but I (5'11'') could easily fit in and slept well.

Breakfast: Cookies, milk coffee tea etc provided by house, but not a continental type of full breakfast service. You can prepare your own meals (they have refridge and utensils). I was just too lazy to do that.

Facilities:
What they have: towels (lots of), linens, soap, hair dryer.
What they don't have: toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo.

Hospitality: Great. I found Tiziana (who greeted me at B&B) very nice and helpful. She was available for my whole stay.

Hope this helps. THis is my first time to write a review on tripadvisor, so I am wondering if this is the proper form. Anyway, bon voyages!

Room Tip: 3 rooms at B&B. 2 rooms are equipped with restroom with bath in the room. One room have the bath...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Beantownbloke
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Nothing bad to say about this place. It's literally 2 minutes walk from St. Peter's Square and a 10 minute bus ride from the centre of town.

If The Vatican is one of your priorities to see when you're in Rome then look no further.

Our room was incredibly clean and was tended to every day. Breakfast is good - Fresh cake, brioche, juice, decent coffee. They also leave some little cakes and things in the room in case you fancy something during the day.

For the price, you can't do much better in Rome.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple