“Perfect For Quick Trips or Train Connections” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of B & B Trastevere Resort

B & B Trastevere Resort
Ranked #982 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Spring Hill, TN
“Perfect For Quick Trips or Train Connections”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

We really enjoyed our stay here. It was perfect for what we needed.

Coming off of our cruise we trained back into Rome from Civitavecchia...a 30 minute trip on one train (from the port to Trastevere Station). Walk out the front door of the station; go through the parking lot; get to the sidewalk on your right and then walk up the street a bit and you are there. All in all I'd say it was 10 minutes from the train to the B&B doors.

I appreciated RJS's review which let me know that the building could throw you a bit. The entrance is quite plain and as you are going up the small elevator if you didn't know, you might would be a bit unsure. Once you see the sign and enter the B&B though it is awesome. Very clean and the couple who were running it were very nice and helpful.

Rooms are spacious, clean and yes...newly renovated with a modern feel. TV was great except for I never imagined it would be so hard to find soccer on TV in Europe. This could have been my fault as we were hardly in our room except for late at night :-) The air conditioner worked great; the bed was firm but I slept like a baby. Bathroom was small but not too small with great water pressure...Huge to me as I love showers.

We really didn't eat breakfast but did enjoy some nice coffee.

We felt very safe and welcomed. The B&B is perfect for getting quickly over into the quaint areas of Trastevere or the #8 tram literally right outside makes it very easy to get over into central Rome for sight seeing within 15 minutes. Don't forget though to check the tram times as we stayed out too late one night and got ourselves a nice little walk back.

The location is also perfect for getting to the airport (FCO) as you simply walk back to Trastevere Rail Station and take the train directly to the airport (about 30 minutes). Very very easy...location plus reviews (and pictures...which are spot on) were why we picked the resort and the courtesy, cleanliness, and quality of the B&B were bonus for us.

We would & hope to use the B&B again.

Feel free to message me with questions.

Peace ~

Room Tip: Not sure. Our room was close to the front door and was perfect for convenience.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank williamguice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ballarat
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

At first the place was hard to find, it is in an ugly brick building with only a small plaque outside indicating that you have the right building. You go up the front steps, turn right in the hallway and you'll find a small elevator (or staircase) at the end of the hallway. The B&B is on the third floor. I must admit given the age and condition of the rest of the building I wondered what I'd got myself into, however the rooms are fully renovated and stylish, my room had a modern ensuite. The rooms are clean. There is a fair bit of traffic noise so I recommend earplugs. The breakfast was great, and they make you a nice coffee if you ask! The hostess was incredibly kind and helpful, patient with all my questions, even escorting me to a local cafe around the corner and ensuring I was looked after by the staff. The bus stop around the corner takes you straight into Termini, and Trastevere Station is only a short walk away too. There is an internet cafe nextdoor as well. I thought the bed was a bit hard, but discovered that was the case with most beds in Italy! I am happy to recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank RJS1981
Tel aviv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

Have a couple of hours to rest in Rome ? (between flights), get off the train before Termini - in "Trastevere" station( the trip is cheaper and faster). TRASTEVERE RESORT Is in front of the station. New and clean good bathrooms and shower . Available also for a couple of hours.(good tratoria -restorant in front of the station as well)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank rwein
Brasov, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

This is a great place to stay in Rome. The location is very safe and it is so close to the centre. They have great rooms, very very clean, excellent bathroom (wich are so hard to find in Italy). Close to the hotel there is the Trastevere Train Station that has direct connection to any direction you might need including direct connection to Fiumicino airport (20 min).
The nicest thing that ever happend to us, was the waking up in fresh croissants aroma and cappuccino... they have a great breakfast but the croissants... hmmmm .. great!
So, you can go there with no fear. It is great.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anca_podar
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

I stayed in Trastevere Resort with my partner for 3 days and our experience was great. It is not in central Trastevere, but it's just some tramways stops away from the city centre (and the bus H will leave you there directly from Termini station). It is originally a flat converted into a B&B. Our room was great and we had a nice terrace that was shared with other 2 rooms. The bed was very good, and even when the room was facing the street it was not noisy at all (well isolated with double glazing). The best part was the toilet, it could be the toilet of a high quality hotel. The breakfast was correct and the staff kind and helpful.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

My husband and I were in Rome for our honeymoon and stayed in the Pantheon Suite for 3 nights. The room was extremely clean and spacious and Marco (who runs the B&B) was very sweet and made us feel very welcomed and comfortable during our stay. He even went out of his way to help us rent a car at the last minute on our last morning in Rome...which was a life saver!

This B&B is in a safe neighborhood on the outskirts of Rome, but is a short train ride away from the heart of the city. Good Value.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
bucharest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

it was a pleasant surprise what we find there because everything is new and clean, the breakfast was very tasty and the coffee marvelous..the location is very close to trastevere, the best place for eat in Rome and also near to Tevere river. 4 tram station to the city center and very close to trastevere train station which can help U to go to the seaside, half hour with train..U can ask everything and u will find a perfect explication from the girl who is in charge there and who is a very nice and charming young lady..it's quiet and the rooms are very spacious..

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple