“Great base for exploring Rome”

and 1 more site!
B&B Trastevere Resort
Ranked #969 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great base for exploring Rome”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My family of 7, including my son-in-law, stayed for a week at B & B Trastevere Resort. We had comfortable, spotlessly clean rooms with private bathrooms and a shared balcony, on Viale Trastevere. Each room is air-conditioned and has a mini refrigerator. The resort was an easy walk from the Trastevere train station. Although the street outside is very busy, it was very quiet for sleeping at night. The location provides easy access to transportation by train, bus or tram, and of course you can always call a taxi.
Gabriela is a wonderful hostess. Daily breakfast is simple, and includes pastries, pound cake, cereal, yogurt, packaged muffins and hard-boiled eggs. The extravagant part of breakfast is the cappuccino that Gabriela will make for you. She foams the milk in a pot on her stove. It is heavenly!
Many good restaurants are within walking distance of this resort. It is easy to get to all the main attractions using public transportation, and Gabriela gives great directions and advice. Her English is excellent. We really enjoyed our stay.
The B & B is on the third floor of a building that also includes doctor's and dentist's offices. Make sure you know the street address when you are looking for the building - there is no large sign. This is a great choice for clean, comfortable, inexpensive accommodations in Rome!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Visimom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed in B&B Trastevere for 2 days. We arrive at station Trastevere from Florence, and the hotel is only 10 min walking distance from the station. The tram just outside of the hotel is convenient for visiting most of the places in Rome.

The hotel room is very good, much better than expected. Clean, well decorated, very cozy. Plus, the old-fashion elevator in the building is something we have never seen before!

Marco is exceptionally good. He spoke very good English(very rare in Italy to be honest...), recommended good restaurants to us, told us how to get to most of the places conveniently (without good English this is almost impossible), and prepared excellent breakfast for us.

Also, the neighborhood of the B&B seems to be quite safe. This is also quite important given how notorious Rome is for being unsafe...

All in all, this is the best B&B ever stayed. You will not regret staying here!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ryantheleo
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed at the Trastevere resort for a week while visiting our daughter. Our room was spacious by European standards, very clean and convienent to public transportation. The train station from the airport was a short walk, with the tram and buses just across the street. Our morning breakfast was available even on those days that jet lag caused us to oversleep! The hosts were extremely friendly and helpful.There many restaurants and small cafes nearby.I would definately stay again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Fish7_2-3
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Arriving very late to our hotel (around 3am), our host was generous, guided us straight to our room, and arranged for a later breakfast than usual. The second day as well, we checked out at least an hour late and had a nice late breakfast. I recommend, even though it is hard to find!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I stayed in Trastevere resort 9 nights (and I wish I could have stayed more)

Very nice atmosphere, super-clean, very friendly staff. The room is big, it has a tv, A/C, wireless internet, a fridge... breakfast is really good and various and "Italian style". As I said staff is superfirendly and they help you in every way they can (giving you maps, suggesting you where/when to go...)

The B & B is situated close to Trastevere train station and at a walking distance (or at a tram distance if you do not want to walk a lot. The tram stop is just outside the hotel!) to all main attractions in Rome. moreover it is close to the area of trastevere where lots of restaurants are situated and to the famous open market of porta portese (held on sundays)!

It is also situated close to a bank, supermarkets, hairdresser, restaurants...

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank silviola86
Spring Hill, TN
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We really enjoyed our stay here. It was perfect for what we needed.

Coming off of our cruise we trained back into Rome from Civitavecchia...a 30 minute trip on one train (from the port to Trastevere Station). Walk out the front door of the station; go through the parking lot; get to the sidewalk on your right and then walk up the street a bit and you are there. All in all I'd say it was 10 minutes from the train to the B&B doors.

I appreciated RJS's review which let me know that the building could throw you a bit. The entrance is quite plain and as you are going up the small elevator if you didn't know, you might would be a bit unsure. Once you see the sign and enter the B&B though it is awesome. Very clean and the couple who were running it were very nice and helpful.

Rooms are spacious, clean and yes...newly renovated with a modern feel. TV was great except for I never imagined it would be so hard to find soccer on TV in Europe. This could have been my fault as we were hardly in our room except for late at night :-) The air conditioner worked great; the bed was firm but I slept like a baby. Bathroom was small but not too small with great water pressure...Huge to me as I love showers.

We really didn't eat breakfast but did enjoy some nice coffee.

We felt very safe and welcomed. The B&B is perfect for getting quickly over into the quaint areas of Trastevere or the #8 tram literally right outside makes it very easy to get over into central Rome for sight seeing within 15 minutes. Don't forget though to check the tram times as we stayed out too late one night and got ourselves a nice little walk back.

The location is also perfect for getting to the airport (FCO) as you simply walk back to Trastevere Rail Station and take the train directly to the airport (about 30 minutes). Very very easy...location plus reviews (and pictures...which are spot on) were why we picked the resort and the courtesy, cleanliness, and quality of the B&B were bonus for us.

We would & hope to use the B&B again.

Feel free to message me with questions.

Peace ~

Room Tip: Not sure. Our room was close to the front door and was perfect for convenience.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank williamguice
Ballarat
Reviewed 8 August 2011

At first the place was hard to find, it is in an ugly brick building with only a small plaque outside indicating that you have the right building. You go up the front steps, turn right in the hallway and you'll find a small elevator (or staircase) at the end of the hallway. The B&B is on the third floor. I must admit given the age and condition of the rest of the building I wondered what I'd got myself into, however the rooms are fully renovated and stylish, my room had a modern ensuite. The rooms are clean. There is a fair bit of traffic noise so I recommend earplugs. The breakfast was great, and they make you a nice coffee if you ask! The hostess was incredibly kind and helpful, patient with all my questions, even escorting me to a local cafe around the corner and ensuring I was looked after by the staff. The bus stop around the corner takes you straight into Termini, and Trastevere Station is only a short walk away too. There is an internet cafe nextdoor as well. I thought the bed was a bit hard, but discovered that was the case with most beds in Italy! I am happy to recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo