“I definitely recommand this place!”
Review of Hostaria Farnese

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Staff is so charming, the food is fresh and well done, and the position between the French embassy and campo dei fiori market is perfect!

There are newer reviews for Hostaria Farnese

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This family run restaurant is a wonderful place! Carbonara, Veal saltimboca , poached pears....our family had a wonderful meal. Also try the Baked eggplant . My husband said it was the best he has tried!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We recently dined at the Hostaria and were quite impressed with the food and level of service. The staff spoke excellent English, the food was excellent and the prices quite reasonable for the area. Excellent choice right near Campo d'Fiori.

1  Thank GGMiami
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We were late in the day; they were close to closing but graciously accommodated (amen!). This was my first trip to Italy/Italia this restaurant began my experience on such a high from the greeting to the last lick of my savory spoon full of Tirami su. Beginning the palatal extravaganza was the common place (in America) Bruschetta - but this wasn't the 'run of the mill' - the crispy, crackling bread with the lightest brushing of the purist olive oil topped with the most flavorful tomatoes I've ever had, wow!. Onto the ar-ti-choke -oh my! This was as beautiful to look at and even more spectacular to eat! Simple olive oil and artichoke perfection. The main meal was pork with potatoes - sounds kind-of laissez faire; but wait for it... amazinggggggggggggggggg. The pork fell off the bone and the potatoes were cooked perfectly. The Tirami Su rounded out our afternoon and my boyfriend and I were fighting for the last spoon full, I won. The entire meal along with the lovely gracious owners (and son) made our meal beyond the beyond. I am no cook but I am an eater - this was FAB!

Reviewed 17 December 2013

This place is very cozy and traditional. The people are most hospitable, it's a genuine family business. My pasta was overly salty, so much that I really didn't like it. My partners pizza was delicious. We paid 50 € for water, wine, coca cola, pizza, pasta, two desserts.

Been to Hostaria Farnese? Share your experiences!