“A pleasant stay!”

Ranked #5 of 3,643 Rome B&B and Inns
UK
“A pleasant stay!”
Reviewed 30 April 2011

We stayed in My Guest Roma for one week. It was a very nice experience, safe and tidy. Stefano is undoubtedly a superb host. The location was just perfect in terms of commute and also a very peaceful neighborhood. We recommend it for anyone who wants to stay in Rome to enjoy Rome and surroundings cities. Many thanks to Stefano for all his help starting from the very beginning, even before we actually arrived at his pace.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mentor, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Stefano was an excellent host, available to assist whenever needed, and genuinely interested in his guests' comfort. He gives his customer's 110% of his time and effort, and we were never made to feel that we were inconveniencing him. I especially want to thank him for providing the necessary care I needed for a sprained ankle on our very first day in Rome, and for the olive branch (customary for Palm Sunday in Italy) he left in our room after our travel schedule to visit family did not allow us to attend church services. We would look forward to staying in our home away from home should we travel to Rome again. Thank you, Stefano.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 April 2011

It was a pleasure to stay at such a lovely B&B, My Guest Roma. We loved everything about this place! The rooms and bathrooms were spotless, with fresh flowers changed every other day. The breakfast!!! Fresh croissants, fruits, and cappuccino made by order by your thoughtful host Stefano. Stefano has his B&B for only 2 1/2 year and he is known all over the world, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Israel...as a kind, helpful and honest person because he puts is heart in everything he does. Stefano went out of his way to help us celebrate Shabbos, by buying us Challah and setting up the kitchen for us. The location of My Guest Roma is so perfect. It gave us a chance to walk around as locals and experience life as real Romans, not tourists. And it is very simple to get to any area in Rome. Overall, I strongly recommend My Guest Roma to everyone.

tel aviv
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Our family (with 2 teenagers) stayed at My Guest for a whole week. Stefano made us feel comfortable right away. He assured us that here in Rome we are not alone. the rooms are very clean and modern, tastefully designed. the hotel is comfortably located about 15 minute bus ride from the center, which is perfect - no hoards of tourists around the hotel and very easy to reach the center. breakfast is good, the coffee and hot chocolate were excellent. we had a safe, enjoyable feeling the whole time we were there, and for sure would be happy to stay at My Guest with Stefano in the future.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Naples, Italy
Reviewed 23 April 2011

definitely that was not my first time in Rome, and travelling with 2 kids is not easy... mothers know!
a friend, that is what Stefano was to me and to my children, kind and attentive to every little need; patient and understanding. That's what he is.
Our room was always clean, breakfast available till late, quite unusual I must say, and whenever we came back from our sight seeing.. we were just at home again.
if you want to make your best from every point of view, chose a place where is nice to stay ... choose My Guest Roma.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 21 April 2011

This B&B is located in Piazza Bologna which is only a small distance away from the hustle and bustle city centre. Whenever we travel, I usually base our accommodation in a central location, so I was a little concerned about the location of the B&B. However, it turned out that the location was actually quite ideal for us, as both the 2-year-old and I are light sleepers, and we probably wouldn't sleep very well if we had based ourselves in the noisy city area (we did request for a quiet room, and Stefano was happy to accommodate our requests).

Getting to the main sights from this B&B was easy, and Stefano (our B&B guy) gave us all the information we needed. Our days in Rome were pretty full-on and packed, and I was quite happy each night to be able to wind down and rest in the quiet B&B. Our room was very clean, and the lovely housekeeper kept it very clean every day. Having a delicious breakfast ready for us every morning, and a large mug of steaming cappuccino from the coffee machine, helped us start each day the right way and provided fuel to keep us going until lunch.

Stefano was very helpful, and it's evident that he works very hard to run the B&B well. Even though it was a Saturday evening when we arrived (he's Jewish, but has no 'day of rest' running the B&B), Stefano sat down with us and a map of central Rome, and gave us some very useful information and a few dining recommendations. In my experience of travelling, having local knowledge is so invaluable, something that guidebooks can never fully achieve. Stefano's food recommendations were also great hits, and we were quite happy with all the restaurants we went to at his recommendations (dining in the touristy parts of Rome can be a bit of a hit-and-miss, and having recommendations saved us from having a bad notion of food in Rome). The only problem we encountered was not being able to easily reach Stefano on site on the rare occasion that we needed to talk to him, but we already knew from the beginning that while he was at the B&B most of the time during the day, he went back home late each night, and we could have reached him by phone for any urgent matters.

We enjoyed our stay at this comfy little B&B, perhaps more than at a hotel, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend My Guest Roma to anyone travelling to Rome for a holiday.

(review and photos at my blog: http://expatgourmand.blogspot.com/2011/04/italy-rome-part-i-our-first-true.html)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 17 April 2011

We are back in Thessaloniki but our mind is in Rome!Stefano's accomodation is so good that we suggest everyone to come as soon as possible because it worths!We are very impressed by Stefano's organisation and he also gave us a lot of helpful imformation about our trip.Great prices,great service!Thanks a lot!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends