“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #4 of 3,758 Rome B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

Great apartments that are cute and clean. Conveniently located close to metro stops and great parks. Host is wonderful and attentive. Breakfast included with fresh pastries, fruit, etc.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Englewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

We waited until the last minute to look for a place to stay in Rome. Stefano, the owner of My Guest Roma, went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable. His B&B was completely full on our dates, but he worked with a friend who had a room available less than a block away so we would have a place to stay. We walked back to My Guest Roma each morning where Stefano had breakfast waiting for us. Stefano also helped us find our way around, recommending bus routes and places to visit.

As Jewish travelers in Rome over Shabbat we were incredibly grateful that Stefano arranged for us to have kosher meals and provided a hot plate for our use. We will definitely stay here again if/when our travels take us back to Rome.

Room Tip: Book early, this place fills up fast.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

Dear Stefano,
Thank you so much for your delightful B & B. We truly enjoyed meeting you after our many emails. We enjoyed the morning Breakfast room and your excellent cappucino's. The breakfasts were fresh and the conversations heart warming. I enjoyed having the hot pot available ( for a warm cup of tea in the evening).
We really appreciated your personal touch the day we arrived. You sat down with us and mapped out our week of activity with wonderful recommendations for exhibits and restaurants. We enjoyed that you heard our plea for truly "local" atmosphere and guided us to more local oriented neighborhoods.
The local transportation system is phenominal, the bus stop less than a block away and the metro a few blocks in the other direction. Both easily accessible and the neighborhood very friendly. The local supermarket just down the street was wonderful. We bought treats to take for our days of sightseeing.
The experiences took a lifetime to plan, with a lifetime of memories! However, we fell in love with the experience and cannot wait to return!
Thank you for making the last 5 days of our trip ones we will cherish!
Grazie Mille,
Your Friends,
Julie & Mark, California
We enjoyed the room- Cosi' fan tutte (Thus do they all) The photo does not do it justice as it is very full of light and the bed decor has changed and is more bright and cheerful, -absolutely lovely!

Room Tip: Our room was on first floor, not noisy, inviting
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Holon, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

The B&B (more a five star hotel for me) is located in a quiet and very friendly neighborhood near Piazza Bologna, seconds away from a busstop, in which the busride is a 10 minute ride to the historic center, and minutes away from synagogues and kosher bakery, restaurant, supermarkets..
The owner, Stefano, is a great host.. He is very gracious and helpful in making sure you feel comfortable, by spending time to make sure you know any important current info, as well as the best places to visit and how to get there .From arranging a personal taxi transportation for me to and from the airport, kosher breakfast (and fantastic cappucino); arranging all I needed for the Sabbath, he left me speechless. I will definitly be back. Thank you Stefano for everything.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Kfar Blum, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

Me and my girlfriend were looking for a place to stay in Rome and found that "My Guest Roma" had the best rating in the internet made by people - AND THEY WERE ALL TRUE ! ! !
Stefano, the owner and hostess, is by far one of nicest people we've met. He takes personal care of the people staying at his place and helps in everything and around the clock. The rooms are in great condition and very pleasant. The place is a short bus ride from the center and the buses are 24/7.
All we needed is a nice place to stay for a few days trip to Rome made in the last minute, and we got allot more than we expected thanks to Stefano and his lovely place.
Next time we come we'll definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for the room that is for 4 people
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

If you are looking for a superb comfortable room central and reasonably priced, My Guest ROMA Bed and Breakfast is an optimal solution. The room have all the amenities one would like: air conditioning, excellent connection speed wireless, fridge, kettle and microwave. They are new and cleaned on a daily basis ( a rarity in similar accommodations, from my experience in NY and UK ). I slept as a queen and would not have expected it in central Rome. Breakfast is delicious and plentiful. It is both served and self service and there is even a gluten free option. The proprietor goes out his way to help guests. He arranged me taxis, printed out tickets, made bookings. You get the full reception service you’d get into an hotel, with all the additional value of a personal precious touch. It is not the Sheraton, but in its genre, I would say it is

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

My daughter and I had a wonderful experience at My Guest Roma, Rome. The host made every possible effort to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. He spent considerable time finding out what we would like and telling us how to find it in Rome, how to get around, find the best coffee, the best gelato, etc. The B&B is exceptionally clean and the beds are very comfortable. The rooms are simple but roomy. The breakfast was delicious and the breakfast room is pleasant. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. The B&B is out of the central city in a nice neighborhood and a good bus route and the Metro are easily accessed. It was a good value.

We keep kosher and are Shabbat observant. As with every other detail, Stefano went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. There are two synagogues within a 10 minute walk as well as a kosher store, kosher bakery and kosher restaurant all nearby.

• Stayed May 2011