“Impeccable accomodation and unforgettable hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Guest Roma

We can't find prices for this accommodation
My Guest Roma
Ranked #4 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Sesto Calende, Italy
“Impeccable accomodation and unforgettable hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

I have just returned from a wonderful short break in Rome with a friend and can highly recommend My Guest Roma. My room (a double) was cheerful, extremely spacious with its own little entrance hall, plenty of storage space, a large bathroom and a good sized safe. The bed was SO comfortable too! In the area just outside my room there was a super array of complimentary teas and coffees with a kettle - incredibly useful. Everything was impeccably clean.

The location of the B&B is a little further from the main centre than I would have liked although it is well connected by bus (bus stop very close by) and metro (Bologna - 10mins walk away) and quiet at night so no problems with sleeping etc. I found the bus to be handiest, but public transport in Rome is very crowded and at peak hour it was sometimes difficult to get ON the bus since it was jammed full! If all went well we could be in Piazza Venezia in 20mins but when we had a tour booked for 9:30am we had to leave much earlier to be absolutely certain that we would get on a bus and arrive on time. This was the only negative and to an extent is reflected in the price (clearly accommodation in the heart of historical Rome would be very costly indeed).

The main reason, however, that I have awarded My Guest Roma 5 stars is down to Stefano the owner. From the minute I arrived he made me feel so welcome and was attentive to my every possible need for information, practical help or advice. His recommendations for places to eat were superb too. I have traveled extensively and often stayed in B&B's where I have experienced great service, but Stefano's hospitality was by far the best I have encountered and his kindness to my friend and I will be something I'll remember for a long time to come.

I hope this review is helpful.

Room Tip: For solo travellers: The single room was quite small (my friend had it). I chose the double (for s...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank iyireland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

We are way late on getting this review posted as we travelled here in November of 2011, but I can't say enough good things about Stefano and his B&B. Our trip was sort of a fly by the seat of our pants vacation, with the only reservation being for the first couple days here at My Guest Roma. I only bring this up because we loved this place so much that when returned to Rome after Florence and Venice we chose to stay there again! It is an awesome neighborhood with shops and food not a far walk away, the subway line is close, and the bus line is closer. It was off the beaten path, yet easy to get anywhere.

Now some specifics:

Stefano: Awesome guy, English is good so communication was never an issue. The first day we were there he sat down with us and talked about what we wanted to see, what we needed to see, and what places we should visit for what we were looking for. We found most all of his advice to be spot-on. He referred us to a place to eat not far from the B&B and we liked it so much we ate there at least 3 times, trying something different and fabulous each time. Unfortunately I can't remember the name now, but the point is Stefano can help. He also advised us on which places to actually pay for tours and which places we could enjoy just as much with the much cheaper headset tours, and again we felt he was right. (The only guided tour we paid for was the Colosseum/Forum and it was well worth it).
On a side note, do not try to ask waiters at restaurants what is "popular" to eat. After a few nights of disappointment in food we finally asked Stefano why we were in the greatest country in the world for food and we were not happy. After he found out we were asking what was popular he said to stop because what they will do is tell us what dish they have not sold much because they don't want to waste it at the end of the night. So when you ask for the most popular, they will recommend the least popular. :)

Breakfast: We found it very good. We often ate so much that we ended up skipping lunches.

In summary, a great place to stay! Awesome B&B at a great price.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Chad D
madrid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 little children and we have just returned from a wonderful trip to Rome

We were arriving in Rome at the Tiburtina station relatively late and had to leave the city from the other station, Rome Termini. As we were looking for accommodation that would be central & close to both stations but we did not want to be too close to the shabby areas next to them. Ideally in the middle we found My Guest Roma on Google Maps.

We loved the room and were impressed by the friendliness of the staff both over the phone and in person.

The room was large . It had a double window and lovely décor with suitcases dating to the beginning of the 20th-century (we were told). It was fully equipped with wi-fi, fridge, safe deposit box, tv and hair dryer .

The breakfast was open buffet and pretty varied. It gives me great pleasure to warmly recommend My Guest Roma : the location , the room , the wonderful staff made our stay very comfortable !

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank carlos m
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

Rome was the final stop of our family's two week vacation in Italy. We stayed at My Guest Roma from 10 to 14 December and Stephano, it's owner, made our stay both memorable and extremely comfortable. He was ever ready with advice and pointers both for our sight-seeing and practical needs. Thanks to him, we had one of our best meals in Italy and covered the major sights efficiently (which was important since our 6-year son came along for this trip). The guesthouse was in a lovely and peaceful neighbourhood and just a few train/bus stops away from the city centre. Stephano's warm hospitality made our Roma trip special.

Room Tip: If you are travelling as a family, do book the apartment which comes with a kitchen and own entrance...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Lee Cheng T
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

The place is beautiful, clean, and priced really cheap for its quality. You are getting hotel-class amenities and great breakfast for a price of a guesthouse. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. Bravo, Stefano!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jason K
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

We were guests in Stephano Milano's "My Guest Roma" in early November 2012 for 11 days.

Summary: Just before our Rome visit we had just completed a two week tour with a 5 star guided tour company, so our tastes were set quite high. There simply were no disappointments. No 5 star facility in Rome could have provided more useful/hospitable accommodations. This resulted in a most efficient and enjoyable visit.

The Facility: Located in a quiet and safe neighborhood, less than a block from the bus, a 10 minute walk to the metro (10 minutes to Rome center). Several excellent restaurants are in easy walking distance (especially the Chinese one just across the street), as well as pharmacy, full service grocery and banking. Our room was very large by European standards, simply but well furnished, with ample closet space, firm and most comfortable beds, a small refrigerator, a nice bath with a small but adequate shower and absolutely spotless. The room was very quiet with no disturbances from either inside or outside noise. Internet signal was strong and a loaner laptop was available on request. An assortment of umbrellas were available at the door. The only possible negative was that we were unable to locate any English speaking stations on the TV (that would have been totally unimportant had it not been during the November US election.)

The Breakfast: (A preface -- B&B's in Rome are not allowed to cook for their guests.) There was a very wide selection of breads, rolls, cookies, spreads, cereals, cheese, fresh fruit, juices and most any coffee product one would desire. The breakfasts begin at 8:00 AM but if one's plan calls for any earlier, Stephano would prepare a wide selection of your choosing and put in the room the day before.

The Hosts: Stephano and his staff are the most cordial and helpful and patience hosts that one could imagine. Each day he would ask about our desires, make suggestions, provide maps, brochures and detailed descriptions for transportation. He is most knowledgeable of Rome, its attractions/facilities and makes reservations at those sites requiring such. He is most concerned with the comfort and enjoyment of his guests. One example was that my wife was in need of some medication and he insisted on accompanying us to the local pharmacy, communicating her needs and even convincing them to provide medication which, in Italy, requires a prescription (not in the USA). He makes arrangements for taxi service (including airport pickup) and for the four times we used such, it was very prompt, economical and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank bill-ho
canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

I stayed at My Guest Roma for 3 nights. Stefano, the owner, makes you feel right at home. The room was large as I asked for a double room for a single occupant. Upon arriving Stefano takes the time (as long as needed!) to explain the layout of Rome to the uninitiated. He helped me plan my days so I could get the most of my short visit. I was also given tips as far as security, transportation and navigating through the Vatican, best places to go for views of Rome, etc. It is indeed like staying at someones home.
The room itself was spotlessly clean, pleasant, with central heating which was in very good working order, and comfortable.
The B&B is a bit out of the center of Rome, a bus or metro is needed, (about 15 min ride). But, as in any big city very few of us live right in the center. You get very good value for your money. Not everyone can stay in Via Veneto...
I would highly recommend this place.
Thanks Stefano for everything.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo