“At Stephano place feels like home”
Review of My Guest Roma

My Guest Roma
Ranked #4 of 3,691 Rome B&B and Inns
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“At Stephano place feels like home”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

This was not my first stay in Rome so I really know what to expect for 2,3,4,5 stars hotels in Rome. But at my Guest Roma I was positive suprised.

I came with a family, by car, late and the owner, Stephano, waited for us. He is friendly, very warm and helpful. We felt as at home. He gave us a map and all needed info. Stephano is really a valuable source for all needed information.

My Guest Roma in not in the center, but not too far, so you can expect to sleep very good since there is no noise. Public transport is very accessible and pubs and tavernas around are cheaper than in the city center.

Room and bathroom was very clean, simple, with a taste. Breakfast is more than greate and the guy who is helping guests at the breakfast is very polite and nice as all Stephano's staff.

I will definitely come back again, alone or with the family. Thanky Stephano, you are great!

My Guest Roma si more than great value.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
prescott ontario
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stephano is sincerely welcoming and helpful. He wants his guests to feel at home and tries to take the stress out of unfamiliar territory. We took his offer for the taxi pickup from the early morning flight from Canada. Our comfortable apartment was ready upon arrival. He was so helpful spending time with us(4) showing a map with points of requirement for using the transit, which is very nearby. He organized us 2 different guides for 1/2 days to see the Collisium, and the Vatican. Both guides were amazing, fun, and very informative. Stephano was available for any requests regarding, meals, tickets, and helping us find our car rental place on the day of our departure. He is a caring, kind man who loves his work and it shows.
The B&B is not really close to city centre, but it gives you a realistic taste of Italian Culture and everyday life. The restaurants nearby are plentiful, transit (bus and Metro) close, and very inexpensive. (Just watch your pockets and purses on the crowded buses).
The bedrooms are simple in décor, and okey in comfort,( a little hard for my taste) but slept well. The bathroom was clean and modern, everything worked well.
The breakfast was good, cereals, and breads. All served with care and pleasure.
Having the apt. we were able to have more room, to use our laptop, plan the day, relax before dinner out, or debrief our day before bed in our spacious kitchen space of our own.
If you do not want to use the transit daily then plan to stay in City Centre. We were not used to using transit of any kind at home, and we found it easy to figure out. (from Rural Canada).
We found our time in Rome, really great. A very crowded city, be careful walking, as the motorcycles and cars rule the road.(driving like we never saw before). Having a car here is a crazy thing to do, if you want to rent, get it when you leave the city, not before. This is a great place to stay, Stephano and Staff make it wonderful and the price is very reasonable.

Room Tip: if you are two couples or a family, take the apartment.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beachlovercanada
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Many visitors to Rome seldom have a first experience quite like we had with My Guest Roma. I've never felt so at home in a foreign city and writing a great review has been top on my to do list since I got back to he states.

I traveled recently with my sister, her husband and child and our brother. Stephano and staff were nothing but pleasant and helpful. Most tourists stay in the city center but honestly I feel my experience was enriched by staying in the Bologna area of Rome. Public transportation and cabs were readily accessible. It is not a touristy part of town, it's safe and many 20, 30 and 40 somethings live in the area. It's a great place for young families to stay, but I also think it would be fun for young single people traveling together too. I could easily see me and a group of my best friends having a great time there. There are definitely fun, trendy things to do in that area, but it's not overwhelmingly so either.
There were great restaurants near by like Momart and San Marino pizza recommended to us by Stephano. He was a great host and really made us feel at home. He gave us great advice on where to eat, where to shop and everything. Cleaning service and breakfast was awesome. Honestly I have nothing bad to say about our stay and it really felt like staying in a home away from home and we would definitely stay there again. Thank you Stephano!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Adekemi
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in a quadruple room with our kids and absolutely loved it. The room was spacious, beds were extremely comfortable and the owner Stefano went out of his way to help us in everything. He gave some local insights like the best places for ice creams, restaurants, what times to go to the Vatican etc to minimise queueing time. He even loaned his laptop to us for the duration of the stay! This place is not near the standard tourist area but that gives it its own charm. It is easy to go to most places as it is well connected by buses, that's what we did with the occasional taxi. For e.g. the Collosseum and Piazza Venezia are only 10 - 12 euros by taxi and approx 15mts bus ride. Breakfast was nice ( they do kosher only ). Just one thing to note if you have kids, the rooms ( at least the one we stayed in ) are not sound insulated well. But overall a great experience for us. Oh! don't forget to visit the Technotown museum for kids which is local to this place, Stefano recommended it and our kids loved it!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SPandya
Bloemfontein, South Africa
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed 2 nights as we travelled around Italy for our honeymoon and we were definitely not disappointed. From the minute we arrived at My Guest Roma, Stefano welcomed us with open arms and explained everything we needed to know. We actually wish we had met him sooner since he informed us more than any of the other places we had stayed at in and around Rome ;)

The room was meticulous and cosy. We loved the decor and feel of the place. The breakfast was awesome especially the gluten free bread, custard and chocolate croissants!! Good value for money, within walking distance to the bus stop and train station or even to a cosy restaurant nearby.

Considering our last stop was in Rome for our 2 week trip, we are so happy we left Rome and this fantastic B & B for last since we left on a high note. We highly recommend this gem of a place.

Bellissimo!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 369SandraD
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We spent 5 nights with my husband and 3 month old baby.What a wonderful experience we had.We enjoyed a warm welcome and personal service from Stefano and all the staff,really wonderful.The location is great as it is within walking distance to the bus/metro and surrounded by some wonderful restaurants which you can go out for a quick meal.The rooms are spacious and really have all you need.Being the fact that we had a little baby it was really nice having a family room.The directions to the place and advise given by Stefano on where to go and how to get about rome was just fantastic.It is a great place for value for money and overall a wonderful experience and would recommend it anytime.

Room Tip: Ask for the family room if travelling with a little one
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ciko_1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and it was absolutly charming. The staff and owner are very helpful and friendly. Stefano goes out of he's way to make you feel welcome and gives you all the information you could possibly require. The room was very nicely decorated and the bed was extremely comfy. Good location with a bus stop just across the road. Stefano also recommend to us some restaurants we might like. The one we tried was superb... San Marinos, we ate there both nights. If your coming to rome and want friendly advice and a great room! Stay here

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple