“Excellent Find!”
Review of My Guest Roma

My Guest Roma
Ranked #5 of 3,739 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The hostel I had booked for my trip to Rome fell through at the last minute, and I heard about My Guest Roma last minute from my father. I emailed Stefano three days before my departure, desperate for somewhere to stay, and he was gracious and very helpful from the moment I first spoke to him. Upon arrival, Stefano sat down with myself and the friend I was traveling with in the quaint kitchen/breakfast room and gave us detailed directions to the sites we wanted to see, as well as restaurant recommendations for that night. He really made an effort to make us feel at home.
The room itself was lovely, large, and clean--especially surprising because for the price we had expected a setup more akin to that of a hostel. Breakfast was complimentary and Stefano sat down with us while eating, helping us to plan an itinerary for our day. It seems that Stefano is fluent in at least Italian, English, and French, as I noticed him speaking with ease to a French family at breakfast. He really is the main selling-point of the hotel--it's amazing how an owner who really cares and goes out of his way to make your trip great improves your experience.
The only slight downside is the distance from the center of the city, where the main attractions are. However, it was fairly easy to catch a bus about a block or two away from the hotel, and go straight to the city center. During the day, we also walked to the subway stop, which was about half a mile from the hotel, which also easily got us from one side of Rome to the other.
This was probably my favorite place I stayed throughout my semester-long travels in Europe, and is the best value for accommodations on a student budget, in terms of spaciousness, comfort, and hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed 24 May 2013

We stayed here during our Rome trip for 3 nights.
Nice location for bus and metro and safe quiet neighborhood. Grocery store is near by too. Modern comfy setup, good breakfast. Attentive, affectionate staff.
Stefano helped us with planning sightseeing. Gave us really good time saving tips, provided a guide who charged really reasonable fees. Gave us directions for bus, metro travel.
He was prompt with email replies before checking in.
Overall this place place made our Rome visit even more memorable.
Will sure stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank familyReviews101
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We had a wonderful stay at My Guest Roma! I arrived April 25th and stayed for 10 nights. My daughter joined me for 8 of those nights. I didn't want to leave Rome or My Guest Roma! Rome was glorious in every way! We felt safe in the city and safe in the area around the B&B. The booking went very well, and Stefano made it very easy. I stayed in two different rooms since I was alone for part of the stay. Both rooms were very clean and comfortable. The Metro stop was very close and a nice walk. The customer service at My Guest Roma was outstanding!! Stefano showed a genuine concern about our stay and made sure that all of our needs were met. He provided maps and travel information, along with tips on getting the best deals on entrance fees, etc. If we had a question, we always had access to someone with an answer. The breakfast was very good, and we were impressed with the personal service by Christopher! We felt like family at My Guest Roma, and we met other guests who felt the same way. Thank you, Stefano and Christopher!! Our stay was special because of you, and we now have friends in Rome!! All of the staff members were amazing and very helpful. Thanks to all for a fantastic experience!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PAMember
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Yes, the best thing about this B&B is Stefano. He is an absolutely gracious host, who is willing to go above and beyond to help you enjoy the city and make sure you are comfortable. As some of the other reviewers have said, the "negatives" are that the breakfast room is quite small (I think they do try to account for that, as they ask you to estimate what time you will have breakfast the day before), and the B&B is not close to the city center and attractions (although the bus stop is fairly close). If you are weary of taking public transport, you might take that into consideration, since you will have to take the subway/bus to get to and from the city center. We didn't have difficulty with the transportation, especially since Stefano explained everything and made sure to let us know what lines to take. The only thing that would have made our stay more enjoyable is if the door to our room (in the basement part of the property) was more soundproof. We could hear the other guests' doors opening and closing, as well as talking in the hallway in the mornings. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay in Rome, and would love to be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My daughter and I spent 3 nights at My Guest Roma in order to explore all Rome had to offer. The booking was handled in an efficient and friendly manner, and Stefano was there to meet us both personally on arrival. The room was clean, modern and comfortable, and located in a pleasant, safe area. The bus and Metro stops are conveniently close by, and the breakfast was very good. Stefano was so very helpful, recommending places to visit and eat, and he was very attentive throughout our stay. We had a great time and were so pleased we decided to stay here where we were well looked after.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We spent 4 nights at My Guest Roma in early April. I feel guilty that it has taken us so long to write a review as we had a fantastic stay, and I feel I should share our experience with other prospective guests...
Right from the time of booking, I was very impressed with the level of customer service: Gioia was always very quick to respond to our emails, and to answer our questions in a very friendly and comprehensive manner. Upon arrival, our expectations were again exceeded: despite an early morning arrival, our room was ready, which made all the difference after a 20h flight! The room was clean, big and bright, with a very confortable bed, and a spotless bathroom. On the first day, Gioia sat down with us and spent a good hour telling us about public transport, places to see in the neighbourhood, touristic attractions etc. Without even asking him, Stefano offered to pre-book our tickets to Galleria Borghese: I am so thankful he did, as we would have probably missed out otherwise (the museum is very popular, and booking a few days in advance is essential during peak season: e.g. we visited on a Thursday, and read at reception that there were no more tickets available until the following Tuesday!).
Each day, Stefano would greet us at breakfast, asking about our plans, giving advice, and being genuinely interested in making sure that our experience of Rome was the best possible. The other staff were also very warm and friendly, always willing to help.
We very much enjoyed the location, it is in a quiet suburb with nice parks and streets to explore. Although it is not in the city, access to public transport is easy, and it was actually nice to come back to our quiet room after a busy day visiting Rome.
My Guest Roma is a great place to stay, and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone planning to visit Rome. Credit must be given to Stefano, he is a fantastic host, his enthusiasm is contagious and one could not think of a better host!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Even before my stay I already knew I was going to be well taken care of at My Guest Roma as both Stefano and Gioia were fantastically helpfull arranging my stay via mail, despite my very late request, and went above and beyond to make sure I was as comfortable as possible from beginning to end. The room was immaculate, spacious and all the staff were fantastically helpfull and sweet. As I was in Rome on a pretty busy training course I had little time to actually explore the beautiful city, but Stefano made sure that what time I had roaming around wasn't wasted and helped me find suitable and delicious restaurants (being vegetarian) and recommended lovely places to visit during my time off, including directions on how to best get there.

I want to thank everyone at My Guest Roma for providing me with such a positive experience and know I cannot see myself staying anywhere else on my next visit to Rome.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business