“Amazing tour and an amazing tour guide!!!”

Antiqua Tours: Wine, Cultural and Culinary Experiences
Ranked #48 of 226 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Promoting the wine, culinary and cultural traditions of Rome and the entire Lazio region through tourism and education services.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This past month during my vacation in Rome I chose to do a local winery tour through Antiqua Tours to the Frascati Vineyard. Although the weather was less than desirable, I can say that our tour guide Sarah certainly made up for it. Not only was she incredibly knowledgeable and able to answer any questions that we had during the tour, but she is also very personable and humorous which never left a dull moment on the tour. I would certainly recommend a tour of any wine related event with this company and our tour guide.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My aunt and uncle recommended and arranged for me to go on the Rome in a glass Tour on my first night in Rome - what a treat!

I was greeted by Ettore who took me to two different wine bars where we sampled wonderful wines and snacks. He taught me a lot about the wines and food pairings. We also chatted about all kinds of things, and as other reviewers have mentioned, the tour feels like a night out with a friend.

Thank you Ettore for the great intro to Rome!

Leah

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

You are going to get what you ask for and more with these folks. They perfectly read their clientele and adjust accordingly while maintaining professionalism you won't find here in the States often. We had an amazing time. Learned & saw more than we anticipated. Our whole day was comfortable, fun and we came away with memories that would never be possible in the city. We will be recommending them to any and everyone that goes near Italy.

Nick and Holly

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I attended both a winery tour and organic wine event with Sarah and I can truly say both were some of the best experiences I had in Rome. For the organic wine fair, Sarah took me and a small group of friends to the event and guided us through tasting some excellent wines from all of Italy's winemaking regions. One of the most difficult things about Italian wine is that there are so many different types and production regions which can be confusing and overwhelming for foreigners but Sarah was so knowledgeable, friendly, and enthusiastic that we really learned a lot about wine without being overwhelmed. I also took part in a bit larger tour to a winery in Frascati and so enjoyed learning how (and where) grapes were grown, harvested, fermented, and aged into some very good wine. Sarah was again so knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the process and knew the winemaker so well that we were able to have an invaluable and one-of-a-kind experience! I am recommending Antiqua Tours to all my friends and family visiting Rome...it really is a must-do!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I went on a winery tour/wine tasting with Sarah in Frascati. Sarah is super friendly, bubbly, and extremely knowledgable about Italian wine. I also joined Sarah at a natural wine fair in Rome where we conversed with numerous winemakers and sampled wines for hours. Not only did Sarah teach me a tremendous amount about natural wine and the winemaking process, she also easily translated everything told to us by the winemakers to English. Sarah is an awesome person and professional and she makes me want to go into the wine industry myself! I am dying to spend more time with Sarah on one of her food tours. I highly recommend Antiqua Tours!