“€9 for a plate of pasta is obscenely...”
Review of Sale e Pepe - CLOSED

Sale e Pepe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2010

€9 for a plate of pasta is obscenely expensive even by Roman standards. No highchair for our daughter either. Food not bad but as I said, much more expensive than under the previous management

Reviewed 18 July 2010

We were there for an lunch and since it was a lovely day, we dined alfresco. Space for that is limited so we were bumping elbows once the food was served. Food not memorable - dishes on the menu are those you could get at any Italian restaurant any where in the world. Portions a bit small. Wines were ok. Service was not impressive - hard to get hold of servers. What caught got attention was the bill - suffice to say, we never returned. Not even for drinks.

Reviewed 28 March 2010

I have been to this restaurant twice and both times I was pleased with my meal. The menu has a decent selection and is reasonably priced. I ordered pasta both times I was there and they were both very good. It was nothing out of the ordinary but the service was decent and the food was good. I would recommend to others.

Reviewed 1 March 2010

We had dinner the other night at this restaurant and found it a charming place to visit.The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere relaxing . The food was superb and at 80 euros for four of us including drinks great value. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Rome.

Reviewed 19 January 2010

We have visited this restaurant during our trip to Rome in September 2007 and the food was really delicious. The house wine was very cheap but very good, as were all the desserts we have tried. Service is also very good and the restaurant has a cosy and rustic atmosphere typical of Rome. I will surely visit the restaurant again when I'm in Rome.

The metro does not have any stops close to the restaurant and the best way to get there is by bus or tram which stop right in front of the restaurant.