“Best hosts ever!”
Review of A View of Rome

A View of Rome
Ranked #18 of 3,742 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We only stayed here for 1 night on the 9th July for a fleeting visit to Rome, but what a great place with the loveliest owners ever. Even though we were only there for 1 night Daniele and Livio treated us as if we were there for a week. They couldn't have been more helpful and nice, they made this short stay a real treat. Although we were on holiday I had to fly back to London for a day's work on the 10th and they sorted a car to take me to and from the airport (excellent car and driver) and spent ages with my husband and son (who'd never been to Rome before), planning them a great itinerary whilst I was away. They sorted everything for them, best sites to visit, best way to go in and get tickets, busses to catch, restauratns to visit - everything. The rooms are also great, all the facilities you could possibly want, some have stunning views of Rome and the others are huge luxurious rooms, either are a real treat. I left early so missed breakfast but I gather from my husband and son that I missed a real treat. I really hope to return and we'll definitely stay longer next time. Thanks to you both for everything.

Room Tip: We had 2 very different rooms but both equally superb. We had a room at the front with a stunning vi...
1  Thank Jean046

Reviewed 28 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at this B&B for 4 nights with Livio and Daniele, and they were fantastic. Daniele met us at the door, helped with our bags in the elevator, sat down with a map of Rome and immediately started showing us great places to eat, as well as what we could do to take it easy on our first night in Rome. Livio made us breakfast every morning - eggs - which are a real treat when travelling in Italy, and he helped us plan our days as well - everything from where and when to go to the tourist destinations, to great restaurants and where to shop. The location is excellent, a short walk from St Peter's and a few steps from the Metro and major bus lines. The rooms have a nice view and are extremely clean. But what makes this the best place to stay is the extreme thoughtfulness of our hosts, who went out of their way to make our honeymoon special, and to make us feel at home. We would stay with Livio and Daniele again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My family recently stayed at this B and B for 5 nights. The place is very close to the Vatican, buses and metro. There are many great restaurants to choose from, as well as shopping.

The rooms were nice and all the facilities were at hand.

The number one thing that makes this place the best is the top rated staff. They go above and beyond for all their guests. Daniele, Livio and Filipio were top notch. Every morning , we have fresh crossiants, amazing ham and OMG best chees omlette made by Livio. We also had water, tea , coffee and orange juice. Every morning at breakfast, they would go over your day plans with you on my map. They would suggest places to see and places to eat. They arranged tours for us also.

I am a travel agent and will no doubt, send any of my clients that are going to Rome to stay here.

Kim:)

2  Thank kimmer9396
Reviewed 14 July 2013

With my wife and 2 years old baby girl, I visited Rome in November 2012. We usually pay much attention to comfort, service and safety when we travel abroad on holidays. Tripadvisor is where we fetch information on places we are to visit.
Even if we used to stay at Hotels when we travel, this time we opted for the Touch of Rome Bed and Breakfast based on the reviews. We were not disappointed as we received a 5 star service for a B&B. Services were well above expectation.
From the day I contacted the B&B for quote and information, the good service began. They were continuously sending us information about Rome, outings and tours available. From Mauritius we were able to plan our holidays.
They offered very good and reliable transfer service. We arrived at Rome more than 3 hours late at night and the Driver Francesco was there to greet us and he was very helpful too. On arrival at the B&B there was someone to welcome us and to introduce the B&B to us even if it was nearly 1:00am.
We were very pleased to have a spacious room, very clean and well equipped (flat screen TV, internet, sofa corner, wardrobe, and mini bar). The bathroom was nice too and we always had high pressure water from the shower. We were offered free breakfast every day prepared by Daniele,Livio or David. We had breakfast in the breakfast room of a View of Rome another B&B of the same owners found in the same building. It was an opportunity to socialize. Service and welcome during all our stay was outstanding. The personalized service we received was more than expected. They were so kind towards my baby girl that she still talks about them months after.
We found the location wonderful, just next to Vatican City, steps away from St Peter square, and the Vatican museum. Just next to the B&B there are lots of Restaurants, Pizzerias, cafés, etc. There is also a supermarket ‘Billa’ nearby and a shop offering international telephony services at very cheap rate. This allowed us to save a lot of money by not using roaming on our mobile phones. The Bus station and taxi stands are just in front of the B&B. Except for Coliseum that we visited with a tour organizer, we walked to most of the places of interest.
For shopping we started downstairs from the B&B and followed Via Cola di Renzo a very animated shopping street with shops for all budgets. Via Cola di Renzo ends with Piazza Del Popolo from where you can continue your shopping all along Via Del Corso another very popular shopping street. We were lucky to benefit from Christmas discounts. We were back to Mauritius with 3 additional pieces of luggage that we bought to accommodate all our shopping items.
For sure if we are back to Rome we will book with A Touch of Rome as it is the place to be for excellent holidays! Thank you very much Daniele, Livio, David, Lourdes and Simona, from Lea, Connie and Gerald.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Daniele and Livio are some of the best hosts I've met. Their breakfasts, tips for getting around and recommendations for places to eat & drink were top.

The B&B is well placed with an easy shuttle to and from the airport and a short walk from metro and bus stops. St Peters & a whole range of restaurants are a stones throw away.

The room like everything else was excellent. Hi

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Just arrived back in the UK last night after two nights in Rome. It really is as good as all the reviews say. Daniele and Livio are charming personified. Use their tips and you will not go wrong. La Scala restaurant was perfect, the hints for the Vatican Museum were spot on and also the tips about missing the queues for the Colosseum. The B&B staff made my 40th birthday stay in Rome extra special and I will be recommending that all my friends stay here when in Rome.... THANK YOU from Claire and Jason xoxo

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Great location and service. Upon arrival, Daniele gave us the best tips on how to avoid waiting in line for hours at the various attractions, and provided us with an itinerary complete with bus numbers and routes so that we could see all the major sites in a day and a half. We avoided a few hours of waiting in the sun for sure. He also had lots of recommendations on restaurants and breakfast places which you should write down as he gives a lot of information quickly. He also helped us return the car to the rental place, which was very much appreciated. Lourdes was also very friendly and arranged a taxi ride to the airport at a reasonable price. Guests can reach the hosts by phone at any time during their stay as they remain available for questions or arrangements. The only disappointment was that I really thought I had booked at A View of Rome. I think the booking process is clearer now, but at the time I did ours, there was no mention of courtyard views. Also, there are only duvets as blankets, no sheet, which was a bit odd but maybe this is more common in Europe? There was a stain on the duvet cover which I didn't really like and which I left in full view but it wasn't changed, and a smell of glue in the bathroom maybe due to a recent repair. The room has all the modern amenities, like satellite TV, computer and wifi which all worked very well. All in all, we enjoyed the great location and friendly helpful staff.