“Unacceptable quality of fish / Qualità del pesce inaccettabile”
Review of Harusaki

Harusaki
Ranked #2,946 of 12,519 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Rome, Italy
“Unacceptable quality of fish / Qualità del pesce inaccettabile”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I came to Harusaki following sushi cravings and positive reviews on TripAdvisors. I was bitterly disappointed. I ordered, to take away: 2 raw salmon nigiri, 8 raw salmon-avocado uramaki rolls, and 4 large futomaki rolls with raw salmon, ran tuna, avocado and Philadelphia cream cheese. I did not dine at the restaurant, however, when I came inside to place my order it was very stuffy, and (what appeared to be) the head waitress was continuously snapping at and loudly bickering with all the other waiters and the young man taking my order- bad form, and totally unprofessional to act that way in front of your customers. In other words, the atmosphere in the place was bad and I was happy I was taking out.

I placed my order, it was done in about 5 minutes, and I left. When I came home I discovered that I was not given any gari (pickled ginger) at all, which was beyond irritating. There was, maybe, half a teaspoon of wasabi- again, disappointing. But the real disaster was the tuna inside my futomaki rolls, please see the pictures attached. The tuna was absolutely impossible to chew- one piece had some skin and a chip of bone in it, and, another two pieces were, effectively, just large pieces of skin with a little tuna on them, hidden inside the roll. It was disgusting, and the worst sushi I've ever had.

"The Chef had a bad day" doesn't work here: if a professional sushi Chef sees skin scraps (and that's exactly what they were) like these, he should throw them in the trash and not put them in sushi. What a disgrace.

In Italiano:

Ordinato: 2 pezzi salmone nigiri, 8 pezzi salmone-avocado uramaki rolls, e 4 grandi rolls futomaki con salmone crudo, tonno crudo, avocado e Philadelphia (da portare via)

Ecco le foto del "tonno". Veramente una schifezza e una vergogna. Da buttare via.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank BetteSpark

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

It is expensive, but worth it! We enjoyed a really good meal here while travelling around Italy in November 2011

• Visited November 2011
Vancouver, Washington
“GREAT Sushi near Piazza Bologna”
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I love this restaurant because they have GREAT sushi and you can try any of it for a very reasonable price! about 15 euro for lunch buffet and 19 euro for dinner buffet.

• Visited July 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and great value”
Reviewed 22 September 2010

This was a real oasis in the usual restaurants of Rome. The staff were friendly and provided a great service. The Sushi was fantastic and very good value.

The restaurant is on a quiet street but was bustling with many Asians and Europeans when we arrived. I would highly recommend this restaurant to tourists who are seeking a break from Italian food.

2 Thank Liam1D