“Ok but ...”
Review of Residenza Borghese

Residenza Borghese
Ranked #699 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This rooming house was difficult to find but was in a fairly good location. There was no visible signage - just a brass plate on the side of the building (difficult to read in the dark). I arrived at 9:45 PM and had to get buzzed in - quite an intimidating process. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean and modern but very spartan and I did have difficulty with the shower draining. I would hesitate to stay again. The wifi was only available in the lobby which was inconvenient.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Susan C

Reviewed 18 May 2013

We stayed here last week and had originally booked at the Stylish Rooms hotel only to be told what I now see is a recurring story, that the hotel is full and we've been put in a sister hotel nearby.

(+ points):
1. Location, fairly close to metro Spagna

(- points):
1. There are no double beds, only twin beds put together.
2. There is a serious problem with plumbing in this residence. Our bathroom was completely flooded one day ( and this has occured again and again we were told with other rooms as well). There is also a constant smell of sewage.
3. The breakfast is 2 croissants. Make your own coffee. And eat it in your room.
4. There is a lot of noise, the insulation is not good.

I have seen that people have left very good reviews (which is why I didn't worry to much when I booked it) but do you really want to risk it and get given a flooded sewage room ? Don't be surprised that you won't in fact stay with the hotel you booked (stylish rooms) and get moved around for a lower quality hotel with no price change.

DO NOT BOOK HERE!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Axmxit
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We were hugely disappointed with our 4 night stay at the Residenza Borghese. We were provided with a large double room which appeared pleasant yet basic on entering, however provided several problems throughout our stay. Our largest issue was with the shower, which backed up and flooded the bathroom and bedroom. When reported to reception, it took them 15 minutes to come down to the room, at which point we were handed a plunger and some towels to put down on the floor and left to sort ourselves. We were also advised that this was a recurring problem due to women flushing their sanitary towels down the toilet and blocking the pipes. We were then moved into another, much smaller room where the same issue reoccured when having a shower. When I went upstairs to complain to reception, another french family had arrived and complained that their room was not as described and the 'guest house' were trying to pass a bath tub off as a jacuzzi.

When booking I was also of the assumption that I had booked bed and breakfast, however breakfast consisted of a yoghurt that was stored in the minibar, and a slice of melba toast with jam, which were stored in the bedroom. The hotel was also described to have wifi access, however you needed to be sat in the small reception area to get this.

The only two positives were location, a 2 minute walk to the via veneto, we also managed to walk to the spanish steps within 10 minutes and Colleseum within 40, and one of the female receptionists who was very informative.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Dan B
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

Reading past reviews we were very unsure what to expect , after been here for four days i really do not understand the negative past comments. The rooms are clean up to date in the best possible location , the reception was very professional and polite , if you visit Rome this is the best place to be, and for any past comments i would say , forget about it . We'll be back

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at Residenza Borghese. I loved my room! It was very clean, spacious, and modernly decorated. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. It is very centrally located near all of the main sites. The bathrooms are clean and the shower was great! The bed was very comfortable. The entrance is apartment style which I liked. I felt extremely safe at the property as a single woman traveling alone. There are many shops and restaurants nearby. Overall I had a wonderful time in Rome! Such a beautiful city and I had a lovely time at the Residenza Borghese.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Was given this hotel as was on a trip for work looked it up and read the reviews so was not looking forward to staying after several bad reviews.Yes it is tucked away up a side street and no it does not have a regular hotel entrace but what a wonderfiul little gem to stay for a week if on a low budget.
Room very good, bed very good, bathroom very very good!!!!
You do not get a breakfast as such but seconds down the road you have two great little Italian cafes great coffe and great eggs and pastries and not dear to the pocket.
Reception could not have been more helpful very pleasant indeed and on desk 24/7.
Walking distance to all main attractions and the metro two mins away if lazy, but walk you will see so much more.
So if on a limited budget and want to stay in the heart of Rome pick this hotel I will be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We booked originally Residenza Ludovisi and paid in advance but they didn't find our reservation and sent us to this sister location a 15 minute-walk away. This is not a hotel and is very poorly managed by a brother and sister and a couple of badly trained underpaid staff. Rooms look modern/basic but are dirty and very uncomfortable. The shower had no door so water was everywhere after taking a shower. Beds are twins put together and for the kids spring sofa-beds of worst quality. All of us woke-up with back ache. The call breakfast a couple of cookies and a coffee machine. They don't have milk and you have to eat at you room siting in the bed. My reservation included breakfast so I had to walk back to Ludovisi to get a less than decent one. AVOID all their locations : Ludovisi, Stylish and Borguese. This is a big scam. Not to mention the lack of signs to find the places, the floor or the 19th century elevator.I hope they go broke soon and stop fooling travelers.

Room Tip: No room is recommended.