“Too far from city, lacked any sort of class”

Eurostars Roma Aeterna
Ranked #283 of 1,291 Hotels in Rome
Walsall, England
“Too far from city, lacked any sort of class”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Didnt enjoy amy elememt of this hotel. Staff were non existant, no assistance. Not to mention the rooms were.over priced with broken air con systems. Also, a long walk through a dodgy area to get to the metro. Wouldnt recommend.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank michaeljf89

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Leca da Palmeira, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I was there last summer and after leaving my airport transfer at the Termini station I had the brilliant idea of walking to the hotel. As it was August it was very hot and I got there about 20 minutes later a bit tired of all the walking.
The hotel is clean and it looks almost brand new. Having dinner is a bit overpriced compared to the quality of the food if you don't have half-board included (either way I would recommend to eat in the various restaurants that you can find in the city center). Although it has a bus station right across the street it takes some time to get to the Termini station (you can buy the bus tickets in the front desk but honestly I've seen a bunch of people entering the bus and not validating their ticket).
I loved Rome and I want to go back there again, but I'll surely pick a hotel that's more central. I should have suspected the price I payed for this 5 star hotel.
Location is definitely the worst problem. The train tracks also make some noise at night.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank João C
Belgrade, Serbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very far from the city center! the only way to get to the center is by bus ( unless u want take a taxi which is the most expensive in Europe--around 30 euros one way) , you will wait for bus around one hour and you will get to the Main Termini station in 20 minutes and after that u will finally rich dirty Metro and get to the center. All in all if u want to visit Rome, take hotel in the center , no matter about the price or stars... You wont regret when you get to Rome and see how their public transport is so unorganized and dirty and lot of pic pockets is waiting for u so be careful!!!!

• Stayed December 2013
5 Thank Rosauraija
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

A good value for money, but the attitudes of the service personnel could be better.

I was checked in by a fast-talking receptionist who started by (of all things) asking for my credit card (not that I had any particular problem with it, but the practice can hardly make one feel very welcome either).

The card I was issued to unlock the door of my room with didn’t work, and it took me and a bellhop several trips downstairs and back to finally get a card that could do the job, with the whole of the reception desk being totally nonchalant about it. I figured that it was only thanks to the persistence of the bellhop (who was also the only one who apologized for the bizarre predicament I found myself in) that I was able to get into my room at all.

When asked for basic directions about historical sights, another receptionist didn’t even bother to establish an eye contact with me.

Finally, a bar worker wouldn’t let me borrow a tea pot.

No complaints about the room or cleanliness, mind you – all very much to a four-star/business traveler standard.

The hotel is way off Rome’s historical center, but you can easily get there in about 20 minutes by taking the bus across the street. One cost-effective way to get back to the hotel late at night is to take the metro to the San Giovanni station and then walk along Via la Spezia for about 20 minutes more.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MyronNYC
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I recently visited Rome for a conference that took place in this hotel. I took my 7 year old and my nanny with me. The hotel room itself was not bad. It was spacious, considerably more than a hotel in the center of Rome would be. Food was ok. But the location....! When the taxi from the airport stopped on a non-descript street, across from train tracks with lots of graffiti, I thought the taxi driver had an errand to run. No, it was our hotel. Truly in the middle of nowhere, far from the nearest metro stop. And in the middle of a dodgy area, referred to as "hip and up and coming". Fine for me, but the image of my 7year old strolling a street in Rome inhaling ganja with his young nanny was not my idea of an ideal location for a family trip. On the location, I did not find the hotel's website very truthful. If you do not want to pay for taxis or go several bus stops before you reach the metro, this is not your place. Also, the hotel advertises free wi-fi. It is indeed free. It just does not work for anything else than perhaps reading an odd newspaper or magazine. It was impossible to properly work on the wi-fi. And while the manager was nice, the young staff needs lots more training, both in terms of knowledge and attitude.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Katuska64
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband and I stayed in the hotel in the beginning of December 2012, and we had a really bad experience. We were stoled inside our hotel room, while visiting Rome! We had put the do not disturb sign in the door, and when we came back we had both computers stolen from the room. It also happened in another room, a couple from Hungry had their brain new cel phone stoled from the room, while they were out as well.
It was impossible to find who did it, it was no security cameras in the hotel hallways. One of the receptionist said it was very easy to break into the rooms doors. After loosing a lot of time, being very stressed out, loosing a lot of important data from the computer, going to the police, etc. The director of the hotel guaranteed that the insurance was going to pay for everything, but it's been one year and nothing happened. He now doesn't answer the phone or emails neither from us, or from our lower.

Room Tip: Don't bring your computer or important things to this hotel!!!
Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank SURFENEVE
Auckland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

This hotel is quite beautiful inside. It's very clean, modern and the staff were very friendly. I found the hotel itself to be very good; however, it's situated in the middle of nowhere. To walk to an underground station takes about 15-20 minutes, which I guess isn't very long but it does get quite hot and it does seem like forever when there is graffiti and dodgy looking people everywhere. I was with my partner so it wasn't too bad for me but I definitely would not be staying here if I was travelling alone or with just girls. There aren't really any shops or malls nearby; there was a fresh produce market just around the corner which is set up quite early on in the morning and a pharmacy on the way to the underground.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple