“A Great Stay”

Eurostars Roma Aeterna
Ranked #257 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The hotel staff was very helpful, the room was spotlessly clean, and the breakfast was plentiful with a great variety of foods. I used the workout room, which was simple and adequate. The location is manageable with bus stop nearby, and subway station a short walk away. My room faced the train tracks, but the noise was not bothersome at night. I had no problem with wifi access for use with my iphone. Great stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I booked this hotel for my fiancée's 21st and I've got to say I was very nervous about arriving and not finding what I had seen on the internet given how cheap the holiday was, but I can say from the second we entered the hotel we were not disappointed. We were greeted by an incredibly helpful member of reception staff who explained everything we needed to know about the hotel, public transport and Rome it's self. Now granted the hotel is NOT located a 5 minute stroll from the colosseum but it really isn't as bad as people are making out in other reviews, if your going to Rome you should expect to be doing some walking my partner was pregnant at the time and she never once complained. In reality the nearest metro station is a 25 minute walk away and once there you are connected to all of Rome not only that the hotel provide you with a map and tell you how to get there plus it's only 16 euros for a 3 dat transport pass that entitles you to use any transport as much as you like. Now onto the neighbourhood some people have said it's a bit "dodgy" well all I can say is open your eyes and look around you all of Rome looks a bit dodgy if your basing it on the fact that there is graffiti on the walls the neighbourhood is actually the quietest place in Rome which in my option what you want plus there are several shops within 5 mins that you can buy all your essentials from. All in all 10 out of 10 for this beautiful hotel and we can not wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located 10min from termini station and 20/25 min from the historic center of rome by taxi. Its rooms are very clean and spacious and has a good cost benefit relation. The breakfast is ok and the staff is very friendly. The only thing i would suggest to improve is the wifi access for ios devices wich must be logged in every time you have to access the internet.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Eurostars hotel for four nights with my girlfriend, and it was the prefect decision! The hotel is practically new, and our room even had a jacuzzi! We got a really good price with an included breakfast buffet.
This hotel is not very close to the main attractions, but if you don't have a problem taking the bus, line 81 stops right in front of the hotel and will take you to all of the important monuments in Rome!
Last but not least, the service was excellent and were fluent in many languages!

1  Thank Santiago R
Reviewed 18 February 2014

All in all this is a really nice hotel, it's just a shame where it's located - it needs to be picked up and moved closer to the city centre.

As we pulled up to the hotel in a taxi from the airport it was obvious that we were not in a particularly nice area of Rome due to the dirtiness outside and groups of drunks opposite the hotel. The inside of the hotel was clean and modern and check in was quite straight forward. However, I had emailed prior to arriving about ordering a bottle of Prosecco for my room to celebrate Valentine's Day, which the staff knew nothing about. (I eventually got my Prosecco after speaking to a different member of staff, but by then the time of "surprise" had passed).
Our room was very small, with no drawer space, compared to our friend's room, which was much larger with a separate seating area. It was also very hot, with the heating being left on prior to our arrival. When we tried to change this to cool air, it got hotter! On speaking with reception, it turned out that they do not have AC in the winter. This would have been fine if you could open the window, but due to the busy road and railway line outside, the choice was either sleep in stuffy heat or don't sleep through the noise, which was near impossible - it was like sleeping on the M25!

We had a drink in the bar one afternoon which was nice, but on returning to our hotel at 11:30pm one evening to have a drink we were greeted with a closed bar and no way to get another as the bar staff had gone home! And it wasn't like we could walk to a nearby bar... see below!
There was a bus stop opposite the hotel, which made the city centre and Metro station easy to access, but sometimes it was just as easy to get a taxi (although this started to get expensive). The Metro was too far to walk to and it wasn't a particularly nice walk.

We personally wouldn't recommend or stay in this hotel again. I commented whilst there, that I wouldn't walk over to the shop alone as a woman due to the groups of drunken men outside. There was a nice local café which we went to for breakfast one morning, but there wasn't a bar or restaurant nearby that we could have gone to had we wanted to.

Room Tip: Not on the side next to the train line and a bigger room where possible
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank zoewooster
Reviewed 28 January 2014

It is totally a nightmare. They charged my credit card EUR599.25 given tha I never stay in this hotel!!!!

I have received an email on 27/12 from booking.com and tell me about I didn’t ceck-in to Eurostars Roma Aeterna Hotel and no show penalty EUR 599.25 will be debited to my credit card. The email stated that I have made this reservation on 29/10. At that moment, since I didn’t carry my notebook and can’t really check my booking record when I was still in Rome, so the only thing I can do is to reply to that email directly, and claim that I must check my record and I am sure I have cancelled the booking, and asked them don’t charge to credit card not until 2 Jan until I figure out what’s going on.

When I get back to HK, I checked my email record in my email box and contact to booking.com customer service directly by phone to clarify that I have never received any order confirmation regarding to reservation of Eurostars Roma Aeterna Hotel. I have made several bookings on 29/10, but I have well received the order confirmation for other bookings, but not this hotel. I remembered that I have reviewed this hotel but not “BOOK” this hotel. With NO order confirmation email nor reminder email, the first email I have ever received is the no show penalty email.

I tried to contact the hotel manager to explain to them what's going on and ask for their help with proven email record to show I actually didn't receive any order confirmation email at all. How do I have information to cancel the booking if I didn't make it??

They replied to me that I should contact to booking.com customer service and they can't help me on this even though they are the party who charged my credit card 100% of penalty. This is total useless to make the complaint to Booking.com customer service, they just keep telling you they are sorry, but they ARE KEEP TELLING YOU BASED ON THE T&C, THERE ARE NOTHING THEY CAN DO TO HELP YOU. This is absolutely ridiculous that Booking.com passes the blame on the hotel. The hotel passes the blame on Booking.com. And non of them actually tried to resolve the issue given that they have debited all the momey on me.

I will report this fraud case to any authorities or associations until I got my money back. This is a big sum of money for me, I will flight for it until I get my money back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank tracyliu723
manageraeterna, Director General at Eurostars Roma Aeterna, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

First of all I would like to thank you for considering our hotel in Rome. I have been informed about the inconvenience with your reservation through BOOKING.COM that you have made in our property. I understand you position with this matter, but unfortunately our hotel cannot do more than this. You have choose an operator for do the reservation through them in our hotel that have an entire department for direct booking. As per this reason, the misunderstanding is not something that you can reclaim to our Booking Department or Hotel, but you can contact customer care of BOOKING.COM for explain this situation and verify if they have got any problem with the booking confirmation. As you probably understand during this dates of your booking there are cancellation policy that our hotel has apply according to the parameter of BOOKING.COM cancellation policy. I hope that you could understand the situation. I’ll remain at your complete disposal. Do not hesitate to contact us back for further information or asistance.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Didnt enjoy amy elememt of this hotel. Staff were non existant, no assistance. Not to mention the rooms were.over priced with broken air con systems. Also, a long walk through a dodgy area to get to the metro. Wouldnt recommend.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends