Campanella3
  • Bar/Lounge
207 Inn(Rome)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsivan and antonellab bperfect home away from homegreat hostsgave us a mapshared kitchenclose to the vaticannice apartmentaround the cornerwonderful stayvatican museumgrazie milleplace to staystayed for two nightsrecommend staying heresuperb locationbed and breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My sister and I stayed 4 nights on Campanella 3 at middle of August. I choose it by checking the lastest reviews and everything was exactly as everybody described. Very good location near Vatican, safe area with plenty of restaurants, a market where you can eat the famous "Porchetta Romana", a supermarket, gas stations, laundry place, gellaterias and pizza places. The Metro station is nearby, but it was not in service. However, it's replaced by a bus service that servers all the metro stations till Termini station. If you are a walk kind of person, you can reach all the sightseens by foot. We did it almost of them in one day starting on Vatican.
We felt like home in the apartment. Nice bedroom with all the amenities you can think of. There is a TV, but we didn't use it. Air conditioned on the bedroom and on the kitchen (this time of the year in Rome is really hot). Wi-fi works very good and it's fast. Awsome thing: if you don't have a computer, there is one laptop available for use. The kitchen has everything you need. They provided the breakfast for all days you are there. Coffee is great - italian style.
But the most notable think is how Ivan is kind and helpfull. Unfortunatelly we didn't have the opportunity to meet Antonella. We arrived late on Campanella 3 (almost midnight) and Ivan was waiting for us. He helped me with the parking ticket for the car. He provided a map and pointed out the sightseens, restaurants, market, supermaket and so on. The very nice tip he provided was to book the Vatican Museum tickets in advance. Also, he pointed out the best location to buy tickets to Coloseum and avoid the long lines.
We definitely go back to Campanella 3 when in Rome and I advise all my friends and everybody else to staty there. Great value - Priceless!!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jef N
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My second time in Rome, Campanella's is a definitely a very good place to stay, near Vatican. Safe area, easy to move from place to place. Ivan really felt my family and I like being at home.
Clean sheets, clean towels, air condition, internet, tv cable... I would surely come back there to stay the next time!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Araceli G
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Very comfortable rooms with a well stocked kitchen area. The apartment is in a nice area with easy access to a grocery stores, restaurants, and the metro. The staff is very helpful. Exceptional value.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for several nights and it was basically like having our own apartment in Rome. We were the only couple there for the majority of our stay, so we enjoyed having the place to ourselves. The bedroom was spacious and air conditioned, which was a welcome relief during the month of July! There was wi-fi, as well as a computer in the kitchen in case you didn't have one with you!

The apartment was located close to the Vatican, and it was easy to catch the subway to the Colosseum. Good location a little outside the crowd.

We didn't get to meet Antonella, however Ivan was helpful. He was waiting for us at the apartment when we got there (after a slight miscommunication about being picked up from the airport). He gave us a map and pointed out different sights and restaurants around the city. He also let us know that there was a train/bus strike the next day, which was good to know. He let us store our luggage in the apartment after checkout since we had several hours until our train. Overall, a great way to start our trip in Italy.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danny C
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My friend and I stayed here 3 nights at the end of June and was truly impressed by the apartment and the service and hospitality of Ivan (we did not get to meet the beautiful Antonella as she is blessed with a baby and resting at home) - which far exceeded our expectations!

The apartment is about 5-10mins walk from the metro station "Ottaviono-San Pietro" which is on Line A and just a few stations from the main train station (Roma Termini) which most people will arrive Rome by. It is located on a quiet and peaceful street and there is no security or safety issues. It is also just about 10mins walk away from the Vatican, and 5 mins walk to the bus stops at Via Leone IV or Via Doria (take Linea Urbana bus 492 - which I discovered only on the last day of my stay in Rome, after walking many days till my legs nearly broke) which will take you to Via del Corso where the main tourist sights such as Piazza Navona and Trevi Fountain are located around.

Around the corner a street away (I think on Via Doria), there is a supermarket and a sheltered Roman market where there is an abundance of fruits and fish and vegetables on sale. Do take a look at the market which to me is more authentic than visiting a supermarket (which is just opposite the market and where you will find more nationalities compared to purely Roman visitors in the market). You can also get whatever you need to cook here if you wish to use the apartment's kitchen. There are also several restaurants around the area.

When we first arrived, we were greeted by a list of tenants in the apartment, and we have to choose Campanella 3 to ring the bell so that Ivan can unlock the apartment building. Interestingly, the door bell of Campanella 3 is located below someone who identified himself / herself as "The Artist" (see pictures attached to this review). Ivan came down to get us and the apartment is just on the first floor, so we conveniently climbed up while Ivan took care of our luggages through the elevator (there is a small elevator available in the apartment building - so no worries if you have heavy luggages).

Upon reaching the apartment, we were impressed with the warmth and cosiness of the place - it feels as though you entered a home and immediately feel at home. Ivan showed us our room (room 4) which was cosily carpeted and furnished with a wardrobe, 2 single beds, a TV, and a chic and nice bathroom. He then sat us down in the kitchen and produced a really useful map of Rome (which we made use of fully the next few days we were in Rome) where he informed us of where we are on the map, suggested places we should see, and recommended restaurants we should try.

What impressed us most however, was how organized, efficient, and informative he was when it comes to using and living in the apartment! He showed us our breakfast for the next few days - from the neatly labelled (with our room number) and stocked packets of peach juice, bottles of milk, and chocolate, etc in the refrigerator, to the baskets of bread / biscuits in the kitchen cabinet. If I could say this, the kitchen was a truly impressive place which I love. There is a cereal dispenser, a coffee maker, neatly packed packets of sugar, boxes of tea bags, pots and pans for you to cook if you wish to make use of the kitchen (which tenants of the other room do every night), neatly kept utensils and cutlery in the kitchen drawers, olive oil, cooking oil, serviette for you to use, and the list goes on and on. There is also a corner with a computer for you to serve internet on, and if you have your own laptop or mobile phone, there is free Wifi which you can connect to within the house. The kitchen is small but they have given the whole place a spacious and airy feel with the use of a long mirror, which was surrounded and nicely decorated with lovely hand-written notes from guests whom had enjoyed their stay here.

The apartment is also cleaned everyday by a helper who will come in the morning.

Ivan and Antonella themselves live in the area about 10 mins away, and Ivan also left his number in case we need any help or are lost. He also arranged for us a cab to pick us up at a reasonable price to the airport cos we had to leave rather early in the morning, and so we managed to stay here worry-free with every tiny detail taken care of by Ivan. If you have the stamina, you could also walk everywhere around Rome by staying here - we did but our legs got really tired because we walked for nearly 11 hours to several key tourist attractions from early morning till midnight. It was only on the last day that I discovered bus 492 which went to the major tourists places and which was so close to the apartment! :(

Rome was unbelievably beautiful pretty and nice (especially at night walking along the Tiber River), and our stay at Campanella 3 topped the whole experience because it gave us a sense of authentic Roman / Italian living. If we return to Rome again, staying at this apartment again will certainly be our top choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends