“hubba hubba”

Ranked #25 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Fargo, North Dakota
“hubba hubba”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I spent some nights with my husband when we were in our honeymoon trip. I loved the room and the service was top notch....we walked around the city and enjoyed the surroundings; It was beautiful. Will surely return.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night. Right in the heart of the enchanted City lives this niece boutique hotel with 14 rooms where attention to detail and customer service are at their best. The staff welcomes you with a positive and can do attitude, ready to assist and book anything from restaurants to concerts. On the terrace you can enjoy cocktails made by the barman (Dragos). I tried a couple of his drinks and wow perfectly made (one with blue curaçao and one with cocktail onion - asked to be surprised and I was).
The rooms are quiet and have nespresso machines. Kingsize beds and the decor is modern and trendy. Theodora (concierge) helped me in choosing a restaurant for the evening and her suggestions and knowledge of the area were of great help. She also booked my return flight and checked me in for my flight back to London. If you go to Rome and are looking for a quite but centrally located hotel this one is worth checking. Had breakfast on the terrace the morning I left and there was a great choice of foods (continental pastries, jams, yoghurt, muffins as well as eggs and meats).

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank cdcworld
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 29 January 2014

pick the best hotel ever! this was highly recommended by a friend of us and the expectations were fully satisfied. This little treasure is in the heart of the Eternal City, just a few minutes away from the Spanish Steps and Villa Borghese, but despite its central position the rooms and the guest areas are all very quiet.
we stayed for a week and the staff helped us every day in choosing places to visit, to eat, they were extremely helpful, kind and prepared.
we really appreciated that.
the room was luxurious and the bathroom spacious and comfortable, felt like being at home at the end of the day.
excellent space for breakfast (the top floor with the open terrace) and great views from the window.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank joshua p
London
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We only stayed two nights. The room was nice but at 440 Euro's - seemed to be quite pricey and expected more. The breakfast on offer was really poor. I would not recommend the hotel simply on the basis that I think that you could get more for less elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NoordhoekTravelGuy
Albert0Moncada, Direttore at Babuino 181, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us - we are glad you liked your room. I was very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy our breakfast.
On our rooftop terrace, we serve a complete continental buffet of homemade pastries, local cheeses and meats (like prosciutto and salumi), fresh fruit, fresh squeezed orange juice, yogurt, and eggs.
Our breakfast staff has been complemented often on their fabulous cappuccinos. If you had notified us of a special request, we would have certainly tried to accommodate you. We are continuing to evolve the services we offer on our rooftop terrace and always appreciate feedback from our guests.

If you return to Rome, please let me know so we can serve you a complimentary breakfast and feel free to contact us with any specific recommendations.

Best regards,

Alberto Moncada
Moscow
Reviewed 19 January 2014

It was a good week stay in Rome for pleasure. We were lucky enough to get upgraded to a suite in this hotel, otherwise the rooms are very small despite the pictures and reviews you may read about the hotel. When I first walked in to the standard room, i could not believe how small it was and basic, not worth the money you pay for it. There is a small window facing the wall of a building. After I complained we were upgraded, luckily.

I also spent one night in the deluxe room, slightly bigger than standard and it was small too... So if you want to have a good stay go for a suite in this hotel - the only desirable option.

Also, be advised that there is no kitchen in the hotel and the hotel has two separate buildings, 3 minutes walk one from each other (if you have luggage those 3 minutes may be painful after check in!). The breakfast served on the top (4th floor) is brought from somewhere and only heated in the hotel. It is not possible to meet all guests requests and diet requirements, so be aware.

Bathroom amenities are not of a good quality, i personally did not like it.

On a positive side, the staff is trying very hard to be helpful: attention to people's needs, politeness and readiness to help. Very well indeed.

Room Tip: go for suite - the only desirable option
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dmitryvulkan
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I just spent 4 days in glorious Rome and stayed at the luxurious Babuino 181 hotel located in the center of all, the location was perfect and the staff was the most warm, helpful, efficient- AMAZING. The rooms are very spacious and quiet, and the rooftop breakfast area as well as evening bar was beautiful. A true Gem, I would return as well as highly recommend to all friends visiting Rome.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
boston
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed at Babuino 181 for just one night at the end of a weeklong business trip in Rome. I loved it! The location is fantastic, my 3rd floor room (deluxe double) was perfect. The check in was very pleasant and I had everything I could possibly ask for. I want to make a special comment about the recently opened rooftop terrace. It is truly wonderful and a fantastic place to spend an evening. The bar manager was wonderful. This place is a real gem. I will be recommending Babuino 181 to others. - Suzanne

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo