“Clean and modern hotel for a self serve clientele”
Review of iQ Hotel Roma

iQ Hotel Roma
Ranked #19 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at iQ the last 4 nights of our 2 week honeymoon. My husband found this hotel from trip advisor and booked it because of the wonderful reviews. We liked the modern look in the lobby, self serve laundry option, breakfast-although it is an additional cost of 10 euro per person, the rooftop lounge area, and vending machines with snacks and beverages. The location is fine if you want to use public transportation, right next to the metro station and a 5/10 minute walk to an On and Off Sightseeing bus. There is also a grocery store around the corner that you can buy sodas/water, and snacks to keep in the mini fridge. There was one man at the front desk who was particularly helpful with maps and two great restaurants. This is not a particularly romantic, warm, friendly, or comfortable hotel. The bed was very uncomfortable, the shower/tub is very tall and can be difficult to get out of because the ledge is so high. The tv is extremely small and for a hotel that caters to people that speak English, we were shocked by having only 2 English stations--CNN and BBC. When my husband asked for a code for the business center computers, they explained you had to pay to use them-which is very strange if you offer a business center. Also, there are no ice buckets? With vending machines that serve ice, you'd think the hotel would offer a bucket. Instead you can use a cup from your bathroom or cups to buy from the vending machine. People were using trashcans instead. If you are looking for a self serve hotel then this is the place for you. If you are looking for a warm and friendly hotel with romantic qualities then this hotel is not for you.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2011

The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the train station. Rooms are very nice and very clean, great shower. The metro is right down the street and all the attractions are within 20 to 30 minutes walking distance. Staff is friendly and helpful. Would stay here again in a heart beat. It's the best deal for the money.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights in July. The concept of the Hotel is fantastic, 4/5 surrounds but self service options available if you need. Laundry room a great idea, but as other reviewers have mentioned only 1 washing machine and dryer, can make for a long night trudging back and forward to check! My only complaint was the room I was allocated. Room 501, (I think), it was on the ground floor and was a disabled room. There was a grate on the footpath outside the window and everytime someone stepped on it it made a clunking sound. This woke me up a few times every night. Also when people dragged wheely luggage over it it sounded like thunder. Also the disabled bathroom ment that every time I had a shower water went everywhere. To the Hotels credit they listened to my concerns and I was given a discount on my room and was told they would be looking in to securing the grate a bit better. All in all it was handled very professionally with the manger coming to speak to me. Despite my experience I would reccommend this hotel as the location is fantastic and the price was good value.

Room Tip: Avoid disabled rooms on the lower level
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank PinotFanatic
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I agree with the other reviewers, so I won't repeat everything.

Basically, this is a great option - I think you can't go wrong if you stay here. Every hotel has some pros and cons - of course nothing will be perfect, especially when you try to balance price and quality. You can find better hotels in Rome, I'm certain, but you could also be paying double or triple! I felt this hotel was quite reasonable for Rome, and I had very few complaints (and all are minor).

If you want quaint, charming "old world" feel, this isn't it - but I prefer this kind of hotel: very clean and modern.

There was a clicking sound often in our ceiling - not sure if it was from air vents - we only told them at the end, as it didn't bother us - my wife can sleep through a hurricane, and I sleep with earplugs :)

The breakfast was worth the 10 euros each - fantastic spread, and being able to eat on the beautiful rooftop patio outdoors is wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GadgetNeil
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Excellent hotel in a great location, staff really helpful and friendly and spoke excellent English . Super room with great aircon ,clean and nice bathroom . Breakfast was good and only 10 euros. Overall a good choice

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank michael226fell
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed for 10 days here and loved it. The Hotel was very clean and modern. The staff was helpful and the location was very convienient to walk everywhere. There was a restaurant around the corner called Bar Viminale that was very good and reasonable, it is family owned and they are lovely. We even met a movie star there! If we ever go back we would stay at the IQ again

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SUZYQFortWorth_Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2011

my wife and I couldn't have asked for a better location for our 4 night stay in Rome. only a few minutes walk from Termini train station and metro stops. And a short walk to the colosseum, trevi fountain and all the other sights in Rome. the room was large and very comfortable. The rooftop terrace was very nice to relax from the busy city. The staff was wonderful and everyone spoke english. Our only minor complaint would be the advertised laundry room. there is only one washer and one dryer for all the hotel guests. But it was a very minor inconvenience. We will stay here again on our next trip to Rome.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple