“A European La Quinta - for $300/night. yes - that's right.”
Review of iQ Hotel Roma

iQ Hotel Roma
Ranked #21 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Cedar Hill, TX
“A European La Quinta - for $300/night. yes - that's right.”
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My husband and I are staying at our last of 3 nights in Rome ath the iQ Hotel. I read a *lot* of reviews/looked at a lot of sites before booking this one. This is not our first trip to Rome, but it has been a decade since we were here last. That said - I'm a spoiled American, and it always takes me aback when in Europe how much less they get for so much more money. That said - this hotel is *very* clean and new - a big positive. The staff is friendly and helpful - another great positive. The rooms are tiny (like most Roman hotel rooms). But - for the price (I think around 300/night with all the myriad taxes) - it's not any better than a La Quinta back home. I'm not being sarcastic. I'm a fan of La Quinta for the same reasons - clean, comfortable, solid service. The location was decent - not great. Short walking distance to the metro - longer walking distance to any good sites (Trevi Fountain). Would I recommend it? sure. Again - *very* clean/great service. Would I stay here again? probably not - it lacked charm and no views. The rooftop terrace was okay - lacked charm. The same way I wouldn't recommend a tourist new too the states staying at a La Quinta - this is more for the serious traveler just looking for clean and comfortable - not necessarily any charm.

Room Tip: None of the rooms would be likely any different from one another.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank k-tonian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My wife, 4 year old son and I stayed here in June 2011 for 3 nights. We were very pleased with the room, the friendly staff, and the pick and choose additional services. AND the roof top patio was a nice bonus.

Looked like the place was recently renovated and outfitted with modern furniture and design. So don't expect 'character' or 'charm' but have your expectations exceeded by convenience, services. Also, good location with the < 5 min to Termini Station and underground for getting around.

The roof top patio was great to relax in the evening with a cold beer and snacks. There is small playground which my son enjoyed in the morning and afternoon.

My only gripe (small) was that WiFi was hit and miss and especially poor on the rooftop.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We booked this hotel on our last night in Rome because it is near Termini train station. We payed a very high price but there were not a lot of good hotel available.
The neighborhood is not pretty and does not feel safe. We walked more toward the west to find nicer surrondings.
This hotel is extremely clean and the rooms are big. The bathroom is a good size. There is a great terrace on the roof with self-serving machine for drinks and snacks.
To me, it is not really good value for money because you don't find in this hotel the little ''plus'' that habitually goes with this kind of hotel. The breakfast is not included.
If you want to see Rome and not just travel from or to the airport or the train, I would not choose this hotel.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Based on reviews we are glad we chose this hotel.
Loved the roof top terrace, the clean rooms, and
the buffet breakfast.

Staff very helpful.

Great location, especially if you will be leaving Rome by train!

Room Tip: Request a room facing via Firenze as the Opera House is across the street.
Avon, CT
Reviewed 2 October 2011

This was an excellent choice for price and convenience. It was near to the train station where we were picking up a car for the rest of our trip. The rooms and decorations were contemporary, clean and convenient. My only regret was that the beds were a bit hard to our taste, but quite comfortable. Lovely bathrooms. Breakfast was extra and nice, but we used a local shoppe for getting coffee and bread in the morning (right around the corner). Terrific gelato around the corner each evening was very nice, too. Walked to the Pantheon and took cabs to some other spots - Colliseum but could have walked (It was very hot for September). Very helpful staff and I'd recommend highly.

Room Tip: Inner rooms faced a courtyard and were quite dark. Prefer the outside rooms. Hotel on a side stree...
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We just returned from our trip to Italy, and when in Rome we stayed here for 2 nights. From the train station we got lost finding the hotel, but that was lack of proper research, on the way back to the airport at the end of our stay its a total breeze, very easy walk of just a few mins.

It was my husband and I (late 20's) and my parents (mid-60's), and it was great for all four of us. We received early check in for one of the rooms so we were able to store our luggage, refresh and hit the pavement.

PROS: Clean, modern, new, free wifi, beautiful roofdeck, convenient to walk to Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, other historic landmarks. Most of the hotel staff was very accommodating (they were great about calling us a taxi when we went to Via Veneto, Vatican City) and when I needed to print our train tickets they let me use the business center free of charge because the reception printer was down. We also found the vending machines to be super cheap/affordable and on almost all the floors ( this came in handy when we needed fresh water/sodas/etc.) AC was great too. We also did laundry one night in the self-service laundry - this was very helpful.

CONS: There's not much happening with a 4 block radius. It's a convenient location to get to/from sites, but not if you want to walk outside your door and have plenty of restaurant options/shopping/cafes. The breakfast is not included - its 10E per person. It is worth it if you like pastries, continental style, especially considering that there aren't a ton of places to eat close by. (There are a few restaurants, don't get me wrong, it's just a limited selection)
The rooms are super small. The bed is super firm. None of these things bothered us, but it's good to just be aware - it's not a bed that you are going to mind getting out of, lol.

Overall, this was a great place for us to stay. We enjoyed our stay, and would stay here again if in Rome. I would recommend this hotel to others, especially if you want a clean, sleek, modern feel. The highlight of this hotel is the roofdeck. Every night we'd go up and share a bottle of wine (also cheap in the vending machines - and good too - who would have thought!?) before dinner. It was beautiful weather, comfortable couches and made for a great start to our evening.

I have some pictures - I will try to post them soon.

Enjoy your time if you chose to stay here!

1 Thank Abbie B
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I stayed in IQ hotel for 5 days in August.
Very nice rooms, great breakfast.
Next time in Rome, i'll stay there again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business