“You can't beat this hotel...”
Review of iQ Hotel Roma

iQ Hotel Roma
Ranked #21 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 25 November 2011

So we just spent 12 days in Rome (work/fun). We stayed in 4 different hotels, this was by far the best value. That said the rooms were a bit prisonish but stylish, sort of what a white collar prison might look like in the future.

Now the front desk staff; Cezar and Cristian were great!!! They gave us good recommendations and were very friendly. The location was great as well.

There are newer reviews for iQ Hotel Roma

Reviewed 25 November 2011

Great place, great service, nice and clean room, extraordinary locations. It's the best place you can find to stay at Rome. We loved!!!!

Reviewed 25 November 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights and the hotel was surprisingly very nice. This botique hotel has very nice modern interior, clean and comfortable beds. Location was accessible to any ancient sites, colleseum, roman forum, etc. neighborhood was also safe its very near Via Nationale, lots of shops and restaurants nearby. What I really like with this hotel is its remarkable service. I need to print some documents I left, and the person in charge at the front desk (Christian) gladly ask me to email it to them and they'll print it or me, free of charge! :) Definitely will stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Stayed in a double room for 3 nights during our first stop in Italy. It's not too far from Termini, which makes transit a breeze. The front desk was efficient and our room on the 4th floor was ready for us at 11am. Our room has a balcony that overlooks Teatro dell'Opera and a vending machine that sells basic necessity aroud the corner.

On the first floor, there is a washer and dryer that cost 3 eur per cycle. If you have a big load, you might need two cycles for the dryer, which I did. I read the instructions closely, but somehow the second dry cycle didn't work as expected and I had to call the front desk, who sent up a grumpy porter who asked me "Did you read the instructions?" in a not so friendly tone. Umm, yeah I did, which is why the first dry cycle worked without a glitch. Anyway, he came back up again and loaded the machine and we are back in business.

The 5th floor has an awesome alcohol vending machine - champagne, wine, beer, plastic cups/glasses are widely available. A separate coffee machine and snacks machine are in the same area. You can get your drinks and walk out to the rooftop seating area if weather permits. It's a very cozy area to unwind and relax before dinner. We utilized the gym on the second floor once during our stay. It's very compact - 3 treadmills, several bike stations, weights and a stairmaster.

During the stay, we hopped on the 64 bus multiple times on Via Nationale (2 mins walk) to a lot of the attractions (it goes all the way to St Peter's Basilica). Also, the Republica station is only 3 mins walk away but there were constructions going on which shuts down the metro system at 9pm most days. Overall, great stay and couldn't ask for a better hotel to kick start our trip!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I stayed for five nights recently at this hotel, it was easy to find from the Termini on foot in the dark. Republica metro station is two minutes walk away and there is a bus stop at the junction of Via Firenze and Via Nationale. I booked a small Double Room which was a good size and overlooked the courtyard, it was quiet, cosy and very clean and well maintained during the course of my stay. I had the buffet breakfast every morning and found it to be just the right start for a day's sightseeing.
The Roof Terrace is a nice place to relax with a glass of wine and some nibbles when you return to the hotel.
All the staff were obliging and polite and spoke excellent English.
I ate at Piccolo Buco on a number of occasions, this is a restaurant near the Trevi Fountain, it is only a five minute walk from Barberini Metro station,the food was excellent and not expensive and the house wine was very good, the host Lucca is charming and helpful, I would recommend this place.
If you are near the Pantheon, pay a visit to the Tazza D'Oro Coffee Shop, this is a Rome institution serving excellent coffee, don't forget to go to the Cashier first and pay for your drink, he will give you a ticket to take to the counter and the Barista will make your coffee. Great atmosphere!

1  Thank di947red
Reviewed 22 November 2011

excellent hotel. room cosy and quiet. service top class, staff really nice and helpful.breakfast very good. location perfect. would highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank dri44
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I only stayed at this hotel for one night as I was in Rome for business and I can't fault it in any way at all. The only thing it is missing is the 'personal touch' which I always look for in a hotel. The staff though very helpful and polite were very business like and I always enjoy befriending staff whenever I travel and putting characters to a person's face rather than just a name.

The rooms are huge and perfectly equipped. The bathrooms are also fantastic! There is free Wi-Fi and the breakfast (additional cost) has an excellent choice. I loved the little touches such as a night light near the bed.

There is a small bar at reception but other than that there are self service pay machines located all over the hotel. Families with young children will love this hotel as there also is a self service launderette!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business