“Bellisima!”
Review of iQ Hotel Roma

iQ Hotel Roma
Ranked #20 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I was a little skeptical if iQ would live up to the great reviews on this site, but it did not disappoint.

As other reviewers have indicated, the hotel is pretty new, very clean, centrally located, and has great service. We were able to walk from Termini (the central train station) upon arrival in Rome in about 10 minutes. The only time we took the subway was to the Vatican (though we walked home that day).

The one downside to the hotel being so popular was that it was actually oversold when we arrived. We were happy to take the front desk's offer to check in to their sister hotel, The Artemis, located around the corner and accept free breakfast each day (normally ten euros/day) for our troubles.

One tip: I generally find European hotel rooms warmer than I am accustomed to at home and that was the case with the Artemis and IQ as well. We slept with the window cracked at night and were so tired the little bit of street noise was not a problem, but if I was to return, I would request a courtyard room... something to consider if you also like a cool hotel room and don't want to deal with noise from the street.

The rooftop terrace was fantastic. There were heaters and it was enclosed, so usable even in the winter. Though we were just two, I think it would be ideal for small groups or families traveling together to have a common area besides the room to hang out. The vending machine offered wine and beer at very reasonable rates.

I also like the close proximity of the Irish Pub around the corner. Made for a great last stop close to home after dinner : )

Overall, a fantastic hotel worthy of the great reviews and rating : )

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I chose to stay here from all the good reviews from travelers on this site. I attest it's all true. I arrived from Canada on an overnight flight and I was able to check into my room at 10 AM. YMMV as it depends if they have the available room for you. Once checked-in, the bed looked very tempting, but I held off, grabbed my maps and guide and hit the streets.

The front desk staff were so polite and welcoming. For me, a welcoming experience upon arrival sets the tone for the hotel experience. I wish more hotels saw the value in highly trained staff with good interpersonal skills.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank YYZMAX
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Good, new hotel with nice breakfast and depending on the price that you book it it could be great.
It would easily get 5 stars for 100 € per night if it wasn't for the almost non existing internet connection and the hair on the sheet and the towels. However, the response was immediate and they put new sheet right away. Small rooms but who cares. Great service in general. They should pay more attention to cleaning as much as they do for the breakfast where there is a manager checking things. Don't get me wrong though, the hotel was clean and professional. I would recommend it and I would probably get back despite its few drawbacks.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Evropi C
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 days during February 2013. The hotel is located closed to Rome Termini station, 7 - 10 mins walk. Beside the good location, hotel room is clean and it has many features such as vending machines to provide food and water. Also useful to many travelers is that there is self service laundry machine. Hotel staff are polite and provide good meal suggestions. Overall this is a hotel that i would recommend for all travelers

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JM L
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

A nice and clean hotel in the city center in close range of many of the major attractions and sights such as Fontana di Trevi and the Spanish steps. The rooms were rather spacious and also had a balcony. The breakfast was good as well for being in Italy, with many cold and warm options. It was not included in our rate though but it was quite cheap. Perfect with vending machines for drinks and snacks at low prices.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Swede1979
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I have visited this hotel during January 2013.

The first impression that I got is 'What a lovely and helpful staff' noting that I suffered from the customer service in the Hotels in Italy in general, but this one was out of this world.
The receptionists gave you the information before you ask for it.
From the other hand, the hotel is so tidy, modern, new, and very comfortable.
Everything you need is in your room, from comfort bed, amenities, safe box, tv with satellite channels, etc.
In each floor, there is a refrigerators that dispense after payment that contain Italian sandwiches, sparkling water, still water, wine, beer, and a coffee machine as well (what a tasty coffee). Water for example is cheaper than the kiosk at the street corner, so it is convenient for you to get a bottle whenever you need.
Additional nice features that I didn’t find anywhere, are a laundry room (washing machine and a dryer that you can use whenever you want in addition to ironing board and machine) moreover, they have a separate room that has microwave in case you want to heat something and a separate room from which you can get ice.
The breakfast is not included in the room rate, however for just 10 Euros you can get a WOW breakfast (really fantastic options, tastes, and service). It worth every penny.
From the Hotel you can buy the Hop on Hop off city tour of Rome.
Moreover, the hotel is close to most attractions in Rome, and to Central Station, and National Street where you can get good prices for souvenirs and clothes.
The hotel has a parking for your car with a direct access to the hotel, however, the parking will cost 12 Euros per day, otherwise, you can park your car outside if you find an empty space.
I’m planning to visit Rome again and definitely I will choose this hotel for my stay.

Room Tip: All The rooms are nice, however, if you are a smoker you need to mention that to give you a room wit...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank tareq74
Reviewed 16 February 2013

This is the second time I come to this hotel. It's 10 min aways from Central station (Termini) by foot, very close to the mani street "Via Nazionale". Outside it looks modern and a bit cold, inside the athmosphere is essential but cozy. Rooms are nice, quite big, very clean and comfortable and at the desk people is very kind and they do speak English well. Breakfast, and this is a topic point for Rome, it's huge and good quality. Normally breakfast in Rome's hotels is not so huge unless you stay at a 5 star hotel. Price was very convenient and cheap considering it's a 4 star hotel and in Rome downtown but it depends on the period. I personally will come back this hotel in my next stays in Rome and I recomment it both for business and private interests.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business