“modern hotel in the old city”
Review of iQ Hotel Roma

iQ Hotel Roma
Ranked #22 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
張家港市, 中國
“modern hotel in the old city”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

i always find that most of the hotels in Europe are very "historical". personally, i would feel more comfortable to stay in the modern style hotel and i found that IQ Hotel Roma can definitely fulfill my need. the room size we pick is quite small, but it is very comfortable with all we need. there are sufficient plug in the room for different utilities to use. toilet is clean and price for breakfast is reasonable, just EU10 each. lastly, they also offer self laundry facility too which is very helpful for tourists like we that are traveling for awhile.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Weston, Florida
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

So let me start this by saying that I've never written a review but I use trip advisor all the time. I felt so strongly about this hotel, I had to create a profile and write a review for them! This place exceeded our expectations! We spent 4 nights in Rome and this hotel was a perfect place to stay. The location was excellent- it's just steps from Roma Termini but on a nice little quiet street, so there's never the problem with traffic being loud outside your window. You can catch the metro or train from there and there's also bus stops at all the sightseeing tours! The restaurants around the hotel are great too, and even a delicious gelato place steps from the front door. We had two rooms and both were the same- very clean, comfortable, well laid out and not cramped! The bathroom was big and the shower wasn't too small either (and we're on the bigger side). They have their own self service laundry and business center, which came in handy on the rainy days. But the best part about the hotel was the staff! They were extremely knowledgable, friendly and helpful! Their recommendations of restaurants, travel and activities were spot on. There was never any problem with communication, as they all speak English! The breakfast buffet they offer always had fresh food, including fruit, hot eggs and bacon, danish, juice, and coffee! I would definitely recommend this hotel and when I go back, I will definitely being staying here again! I'm sad I didn't book the other IQ hotels for the rest of my trip :(

Stayed January 2014
6 Thank 894christinad
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The iQ Hotel is where my family and I stayed during our trip to Rome. This four star hotel offers you unbelievable services and I enjoyed every minute of my stay. A haven for modern travellers, the rooms are fully equipped with all that you’d expect to find in a 4-star hotel, including satellite TV, free internet connection, a mini fridge and lots more. My favourite part of staying at the iQ was using their vending machines which popped out some really yummy sandwiches! Instead of room service, we just used the vending machines every time we felt like nibbling on something. I also accessed the sauna room during my stay and came out wonderfully relaxed and refreshed! Excellent service and the breakfast was delicious too. I personally loved the breathtaking view of the Opera House from the terrace. I really enjoyed my stay at the iQ. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PolitMoodiTraci
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Spent 3 nights at the iQ Hotel Roma in the spring of 2013. Large rooms. Nicely decorated. Newer hotel. Staff very helpful and all speak good English. Easy walking distance to the main streets of Rome's shopping district. About 1 1/2 miles from the Fountain of Trevi. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Good value for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Struitt106
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights during my honeymoon and loved it all through! The hotel is close to the Termni but just far the right distance. Walking distance from the Colosseum and Republicca.Good restaurants in the vicinity. The room was good, the staff was courteous breakfast was excellent and wi-fi was great. The best part of the hotel was roof top garden and a very good vending machines on each floor to buy things!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Anil3003
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed at the IQ Hotel Roma in November 2011. I loved every aspect of it! It is only a few blocks from the Train Station and across the street from the Opera House. There is a grocery store at the end of the street and many stores for shopping.

The lobby is clean and modern and the staff are willing to help you in getting around Rome and helping you not fall into any "tourist traps."

The rooms are very clean and a good size for an European hotel.

The vending machines are amazing! I purchased lattes, pop, bandaids and even wine and beer out of them. Really, they have everything in those machines.

Breakfast was quite good with options for European/North American travelers. It is a buffet, so it is all you can it. 10 Euro can be a great price if you eat the expensive stuff, but for a picky eater, it isn't really worth it.

The smoking areas were in a room off of the elevator on every floor. There is a balcony overlooking the courtyard so it was quite nice to relax and enjoy some wine.

For us short people, I found the bathtub to be quite deep and found it a little awkward to step in/out of it. :)

I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Angela F
San Jose, California
Reviewed 16 January 2014

It is close to the train station, but a bit of a walk from most of the tourist places. And getting a taxi in the rain at Saint Peter's is impossible. The staff was incredibly helpful, arranging taxis, transportation to the airport, suggesting restaurants and assisting us when our flight reservations got screwed up. The roof patio is a fun place to meet other travelers.
The only negative was breakfast was not included. We opted to buy our own at the little grocery store around the corner.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family